Author Topic: rags to riches stories  (Read 89476 times)

blow_fish

• you gotta be!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • twitt me @jeespot
Re: rags to riches stories
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 06:13:45 pm »
Mga Sis keep the stories coming. :) Nakaka inspired.
► Play the moments ▌▌ Pause the memories ■ Stop the pain ◄◄ Rewind the happiness.

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:45 pm »
more inspiring stories pls.. :)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
ok share ako.

My lolo was uneducated. He started as a carpenter. then ventured into door and window making and would sell them sa binondo during the 50s and 60s. Tipong Kiyosaki principles ba. Stingy talaga sya. kahit kaya nyang bumili ng TV, during the time na sikat ka kapag meron ka, eh hindi sya bumili. nilalagay nya sa investments.

eventually, naghardware sya, one the first hardwares in their province. according to my dad, tuwing christmas, sako sakong tshirt (with our hardware's name ba) ang pinamimigay, walang tigil sa kakaubos at pagpapagawa.

eventually nag backward and forward integrate sya.

he was one of the first who went to Sass making.
He was also one of the first to enter manufacturing hollow blocks. maganda yung quality, hindi nadudurog or nagchichip kapag nahulog. then naging major distributor sya ng gravel and sand. maraming nag gragravel and sand, pero yung magnitude eh we deliver not only via elf pick up trucks, but mostly and mainly by dump trucks and ten wheeler trucks and above. He eventually went into contracting too.
dun sa factory namin, kapag hindi ka family member, you can't enter. everything is family runned.

naging major supplier sya ng cement. eventually nagkaroon din sya ng share sa cement company na yun.

naalala ko na nung maliliit pa kami, ang lawak lawak ng aming "sand box" lagpas bahay ang taas, maybe 2 floors and hectares ang lawak.. hehe. may fear ako noon of tripping and rolling down dahil may mga tae ng aso sa bandang ibaba.

with the help of our employees, we would also play with our loaders, fork lifts, steam rollers etc.

i remember enjoying the feeling of being raised high in the air by loader. yun nga lang isang beses, iniwanan ako sa ere, literally. that employee was a naughty one. hehe

Then my lolo went into real estate. buying lands, houses, creating commercial spaces and leasing them and buying businesses.

he also went into buying and selling of automobiles. isa sya sa unang nagkakotse. mga plaka ng kotse nya eh iilang letra at numero lang.
land rovers, MBs, Chevys...

he even supported local politicians. my uncle, the eldest, even entered politics. the street in front of our ancestral home was named after my uncle a few years after his death, of course,dala na ang family name namin. hindi namin nilakad yun ha. ang tao na kusang nag request to rename the street. the irony is, when we get to talk about the past, the family would always refer to the street by it former name.

when he died, lahat ng bangko nagbigay ng flowers. i asked my dad na bakit nilahat nya ang banks, kasi daw they learned from a bitter experience. never put all your eggs in one basket.

all these....accomplished by an uneducated carpenter.
kung educated sya, im sure he would have accomplished a lot more.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:31:32 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:39 pm »
sya sya sya poshgal! Whatever floats your boat. Just re-read what I said bec i refuse to waste my time reiterating things to you which you dont even "get." So re-read

I simply said that there is no connection between success/failure and being separated. Bec you can either move up, move down, move sideways, or in circles before and after a marriage fails. (OR before or after ANY CRISIS in life for that matter- Losing a job etc etc). ONLY LOSERS blame the circumstances to make excuses for their miseries. I.E. "Kaya ako mahirap, hiwalay ako, kasi ganito ganyan,, kesyo pinaginitan ng boss, kesyo corrupt kasi ang Pilipinas, kesyo hindi supportive and magulang etc etc " Alam mo kasi pwede talaga I-blame sa lahat at king ano-ano pa dyan.

MY POINT IS THIS SIMPLE: What make a person succeed is that they continue to strive, have good financial sensibilities, and are not so easily disheartened regardless of WHAT circumstances life throws their way. They are the fighters, the doers, the people who make "lemonade out the lemons" so to speak.

SO RELAX, take a chill pill, and OPEN your mind. I merely stated an opinion that what you said is a hasty generalization. Now if you don't agree, THAT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE, as is mine when it comes to my humble opinion.

AND that's the end of it.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 11:07:03 pm »
Just want to share this story of someone I know.

This furniture supplier of mine started out as the son of a small farmer in a town in Pampanga. He had no interest in field work. So he went to Angeles at the young age of 12 to look for a job, and hopefully help his family.

He took up a job under a furniture maker. For years, he was a worker. He later became a working student. When he graduated he went to Manila and then worked some more from one of the country's most elite furniture makers back then. Even if he was earning little, he was honing his craft at the same time exposing himself to the standards and quality of high end buyers of the furniture industry.

Now , many years later. He has a big factory in Pampanga. The last time I went to them to place orders for my client... WOW they had moved out and expanded to a bigger are for their factory. They tore down their old factory and now are developing it into a big townhouse compound.

Galing talaga. Bec that couple really work hard. Theyre very hands on to this day. And even if they had expanded already they still give very competitive prices and are not greedy in their dealings. I guess thats why they get a lot of customer loyalty.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:00:42 am by Chili1113 »

imyoursweetheart

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:24 am »
para sa akin, walang taong swerte o malas. depende yan kung papano mo palalakarin ang buhay mo :)

pero minsan, tanong ko sa sarili ko, bakit kaya may mga businessmen na nalulugi? di ko din alam kung bakit pero eto ang pinaka-okay kong sagot dyan, YOU WIN SOME, YOU LOSE SOME. :) you lose, try more. exert more effort. then, you'll win some.

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 12:51:36 am »
I simply said that there is no connection between success/failure and being separated. Bec you can either move up, move down, move sideways, or in circles before and after a marriage fails. (OR before or after ANY CRISIS in life for that matter- Losing a job etc etc). ONLY LOSERS blame the circumstances to make excuses for their miseries.

MY POINT IS THIS SIMPLE: What make a person succeed is that they continue to strive, have good financial sensibilities, and are not so easily disheartened regardless of WHAT circumstances life throws their way.

I agree with you, sis. JK Rowling na lang for example, the author of the Harry Potter books. She was a poor, divorced single mother who fought against all odds to succeed. She's now happily married, but that second chance at love came after her books catapulted to success.

It's great to find financial success with your spouse, but it doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes you have to seek that out on your own and just hope to share it with someone special someday.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:42 am »
^ Thanksfor sharing that alexandrea! I didnt know that about JK Rowling. But that is truly inspiring.

sis imyoursweetheart: Tama! Ako rin Id like to believe alang swerte and malas. but sometimes we really can't explain why there are some people who seem unlukier than others.

What's truly inspiring sa rags to riches tales is that wala sila pinuhunan except their talents, skills, and smarts. But what I admire most of all is the perseverance, the persistence, and the dedication.

GALING LANG talaga bec no school, college, or university on this earth will TEACH you to be strong, to believe in yourself, and to persevere. Yes, rigid school training can be an instrument in forming self-discipline and good habits. Good guidance from parents is also a blessing. But in the end, nasa tao talaga mangagaling yung sipag at tyaga. Hats off to them!

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 10:54:10 am »
merong Auto electrical sa bandang Cainta, near Sta Lucia.

The guy started out with nothing. just a few electrical tools, plus an automobile light bulb with two wires as his tester. this we know kasi my dad would often call him noon for our autos. cadilakad lang sya noon.

Integrity and Honesty ang naging gabay niya. ang daming manloloko when it comes to auto electricians and mechanics. merong pang magsabotage para bumalik ka.

now ang laki laki na ng business nila. Integrity and Honesty still guides his business. hindi pwede singit singit, padrino / palakasan / lagay sa mag aayos.. basta nakapila ka, tatapusin ang gawa mo. hindi yung pagtalikod mo eh ibang client na ang bibigyan ng pansin. kahit big job pa sana ang makakasinggit. common kasi sa talyer na idelay ka.

they have checkers to visit each of their auto electricians at certain intervals during work. once time may gustong sumingit, nag park sa isang pwesto. pinaalis nila. "Sir, kahit tumambay po kayo dito ng buong araw, wala pong mag aasikaso sa inyo, pumila po kayo. kung meron umasikaso sa inyo sa walang lugar, tatanggalin namin sa trabaho."

of course pulido ang gawa.wala din sideline sideline sa mga auto electricians nila. lagi silang puno. and its common to schedule customers.

i always bring my automobiles there. kasi alam kong hindi kami lolokohin.ang gaan ng feeling.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:07:32 pm by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

cati

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 12:53:54 pm »
super inspiring ang stories ah......i believe kailangan talaga hardwork and lots of luck to achieve success

pampam2

• HappY And pRouD! Certified
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 02:21:20 pm »
In my opinion ---Formula for Success

- hardwork
- initiave
- perseverance
- Enthusiasm
- patience
- honesty
- prayers

^^ Sana one day makapag share na rin ako ng story ko sa thread na 'to. But I'm happy and thankful to God kung anong blessings
 meron kami ngayon.         

Sabi nga eh.."AIM HIGH PINAY"  ;)
♥ ♥ ♥ The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that ... women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves. - Louise Otto ♥ ♥ ♥

cecillionaire

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 02:22:36 pm »
keep the stories pouring in mga sis. dapat binabasa ko to everyday to keep me going and inspired. Pag nababasa ko to lumalaki ang paniniwala ko na may kahit sino ka pa kaya pa rin matupad ang pangarap mo.

inchiqueko

• C E R T I F I E D
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I want to be an AMBULANCE CHASER...my goodness!
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 03:43:15 pm »
this is a very nice thread...keep on posting.

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 05:49:38 pm »
nice stories :)
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.

moohlan

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 03:58:24 pm »
This is a very inspiring thread. Haaay.. Sana someday I could share my own rags to riches story. But I agree that we should be thankful for the blessings that we have at the moment.=)

More stories please.=)

jersysgirl

• Fashaholic
  • GirlTalker
  • Fashion is as much who we are as what we do.
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 01:31:19 pm »
Great inspiring stories! 70% of the rich in the world are self-made millionaires, meaning they started from bottom, from scratch. while the rest are born rich, got rich thru inheritance, or got rich thru a scheme-y way. There is really no GET Rich Quickly way. We all go through a process. There is really NO secret to getting rich. We all can be rich if we want to. Just have to start with equipping yourself with a wealthy mindset. It really starts in ourselves.
In our community, we will help you uncover you money operating system and open you to a possibility that you can create from zero to millions.

“If you want to be extraordinary,give a little extra effort, spend a little extra time, seek a little extra help, possess a little extra realism, make a little extra change.” – John Maxwell

miss parker

• My self is my BOSS. Been an entrep for 4 years and loving it :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • thank you Lord!
    • Tinay Shop.. your online Beauty Shop!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 02:58:26 pm »
My friend has such a great inspiring story na as in nakaktuwa.. he's only 25 and is now a millionaire...

He's had such a hard time dati, halos mag stop pa sya sa school dahil hindi na kaya ng parents nya. Nag working student just so he could finish college. Right after college pumasok sya ng networking business and then put hard work and dedication talaga. Dun bumaliktad ang mundo nya. Money came flowing as in, and then the cheques he got were hundreds of thousands, even millions pa. But best thing about him is he never took his feet off of the ground. Ganun pa din sya ka-down to earth, walang yabang sa katawan.

And now he is being honored pa sa school nya, nagsasalita sya sa school meetings to serve as an inspiration to other students.

kakatuwa talaga, he deserves everything he has right now. sana ako din!
Beauty comes from within.. but wouldn't it be better if BEAUTY SHOWS FROM INSIDE OUT?

ms.rain

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Happy Heart!
    • Translate desires into actions, it's time!
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 11:40:29 am »

all these....accomplished by an uneducated carpenter.
kung educated sya, im sure he would have accomplished a lot more.

the last statement caught my attention.  :)
we never know how your grandfather's life would have gone if he got a degree.  :) pero sa nakikita ko ngayon, tayong mga pina-aral sa magagandang schools, we're all taught to study hard so we can get a good job in a good company when we graduate. and karamihan, yan ang ginagawa. iilan lang nagveventure into business.
from what i see, mga nakaranas ng hirap talaga when they were young, they tend to persevere more. kumbaga, they've got nothing to lose na. so all out talaga sila.

thanks for sharing that inspiring story about your lolo!  :D

given the chance, i want to explore business opportunities outside of metro manila. masyado na kasi saturated ang market dito. LOL.

miss parker

• My self is my BOSS. Been an entrep for 4 years and loving it :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • thank you Lord!
    • Tinay Shop.. your online Beauty Shop!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 11:18:28 am »
My friend has such a great inspiring story na as in nakaktuwa.. he's only 25 and is now a millionaire...

He's had such a hard time dati, halos mag stop pa sya sa school dahil hindi na kaya ng parents nya. Nag working student just so he could finish college. Right after college pumasok sya ng networking business and then put hard work and dedication talaga. Dun bumaliktad ang mundo nya. Money came flowing as in, and then the cheques he got were hundreds of thousands, even millions pa. But best thing about him is he never took his feet off of the ground. Ganun pa din sya ka-down to earth, walang yabang sa katawan.

And now he is being honored pa sa school nya, nagsasalita sya sa school meetings to serve as an inspiration to other students.

kakatuwa talaga, he deserves everything he has right now. sana ako din!

Business Partner ko na yun friend ko.. aambunan naman nya ako ng yaman nya..haha..

if interested kayo sisses, PM me lang.. promise walang lugi! :)
Beauty comes from within.. but wouldn't it be better if BEAUTY SHOWS FROM INSIDE OUT?

hamburgurl

• GirlTalker
  • certified lakwatserang kusinera
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
from what i see, mga nakaranas ng hirap talaga when they were young, they tend to persevere more. kumbaga, they've got nothing to lose na. so all out talaga sila.

Ms. Rain, I love what you said.  Tama ka, they've got nothing to lose kaya they really persevere.  How I wish I have their guts.

Share ko lang, I and my bf just started a small business last October.  We earned around 16k as of today.  Wala pa kaming pwesto and puro word of mouth lang kami.  Ang masaya kasi nakakatulong kami sa mga tao who act as our agents.  Ang sad lang kasi yung mom ko hindi siya ganong ka-supportive, mas gusto niya yung regular work lang sa office.  I'm currently working in a multinational company pero I honestly do not plan yet to leave in the next few years.  Pero, sabi ko.  Ayokong maging empleyado forever.  Para kasi sa akin, walang empleyadong nagiging milyonaryo.  Gusto kong mag-retire at the are of 35. 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close