Author Topic: Ladies, I need to hear your voices.  (Read 812 times)

EverlyWyatt

Ladies, I need to hear your voices.
« on: March 01, 2021, 09:36:52 pm »
Hello ladies. I'm new to Girltalk although I've experienced using this in the past. Like, way way back. Today, I thought of using this as I really need people I can talk with.

So, let me cut to the chase and begin. My boyfriend of over 2 years is now in a rehab (due to substance abuse). Apparently, for 2 years, I didn't know about it until I had an opportunity to speak with one of his family members. He was a highly functional addict. Although there was a time that he admitted to using a substance but he told me that that was just one time and he (never) and will never do it again. So I trusted him. Our relationship, I would say was definitely not perfect. We would have arguments here and there and sometime even lead to being verbally abusive with each other. I thought that was normal. Anyhoo, that isn't actually my problem right now. He was checked in the rehab facility about 3 days ago and right now it is killing me. Like all these thoughts are running through my head and I know that I only want to be supportive of him in his recovery. He'll be in an 18-month treatment program. So, I honestly don't know how to begin again. Like, I miss him like crazy and all I want is to check on him and see him, talk to him and make sure he's ok. I haven't seen him and spoken with him since and I don't know when I will be able to. I pray every night that it'll be sooner. The last we talked, we were even not in good terms. All I want is just to be there for him. But I don't also know what to do now that he's not around.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close