Author Topic: About Consumer Complaints  (Read 4495 times)

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
About Consumer Complaints
« on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Have you had any experience with pursuing a complaint against a company and actually won?  I just realised how we, as Filipinos, just let things go just because suing someone, let alone suing a bigger company would cost lots of money. 

Has anyone been affected here by Cebu Pacific during APEC week?
https://www.facebook.com/raymond.fortun?fref=ts
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
Re: About Consumer Complaints
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:34:00 pm »
^ it is not just the money na sayang, but it is also the abala, time it takes to go here and there. And it is not as if you have nothing better to do with your life. As it is gahol nanga oras mo especially if you are working, maintaining house hold and quality time with family, not to mention the heavy traffic that you need to endure in getting to places.

Tapos sa bagal umusad ng kaso, bago masettle iyan (if ever ma settle at all), Baka abutin ka ng more than 10 years.

Kung yung mga critical cases nga like ampatuan, rarely you can find justice, sa mga small things pa.

rochelle1025

• GirlTalker
  • Believer of second chances and God's winks
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:59:53 am »
My friend had a similar experience with an airline company when SkyJet cancelled all flights to Batanes without notice. Nalaman lang nila kasi sinabi nung hotel nila sa Batanes. The flights cancelled included yung booking ng friend ko for her sister's wedding in Batanes. Lahat ng guests at family members nila nakabook sa SkyJet and the family paid more than 200K for these flights.

Katakot-takot na habol at communication ang ginawa nila sa SkyJet. Gumawa din ng blog post yung friend ko so lahat ng contacts nya (she used to work for Inquirer), shinare yung post nya. It took them two months bago nirefund ng SkyJet lahat ng pera nila including extra for the additional expenses the family incurred for rebooking all flights to PAL.

Nanalo sila sa complaint na yun. Nairaos ang kasal. What remained is that learning experience and that memory sa SkyJet at never na nila sasakyan yun airline na yun.
believer of second chances, God's winks and #thankyoumoreplease

Itsmai.Shop

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 03:18:00 pm »
i have filed a complaint against FORD Alabang in DTI, we actually won the case already but they still filed an appeal so waiting game ulit kami. I am thinking of pushing for higher courts or media para mas mabilis, actualy ok yung DTI ang problem is yung Appeals walang progress sa kanila.

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:35 pm »
Girltalker

I'm sure there are other reasons why people do not push through with a complaint, but more than anything, it's the money involved too. You ask a lawyer and most likely sasabihan ka lang to let it go kasi acceptance fee palang nila magkano na.  Kahit pa you have money, lalo naman mga big companies.  Kaya maraming tao, kahit na maaabala sila willing to go with the mass complaint against Cebu Pacific, kasi free na lawyers fee nila and they will be represented by the law firm of Atty. Fortun.  They will have to pay for filing fee lang daw.

rochelle1025

Sounds familiar.  Was this the Dee family?

Itmaishop

What were you complaining about?

I wonder if uusad nga with DTI, kasi I had a complaint with a bed sheet I bought na Family Home.  It is probably an in-house brand of OurHome.  You won't read any feedback online, so it's not an international brand, and after 1 wash, the sheet got a tear.  Sabi ko ang bilis naman nun ang mahal niya.  Bought other sheets, pillow cases, duvet cover, fillers, mattress protectors for all our beds.  Went through the hassle of going there to follow up pero wala talaga.  Napaasa lang ako.

I need to buy more items for my house.  The wireless phone I bought from True Value the other day was also defective. It has static and may dial up ka pang maririnig, buti nalang they accepted the replacement.  The power bank I bought in Greenhills naman, it can charge daw 3 cellphones, half charge lang iPhone 6 ko.

Now, I don't want to sound like the kind of person na lahat nalang may issue, kasi next ko sana bibilhin yung Rainbow Vacuum.  It's not cheap, so my concern is what if may problem na naman?

I have been purchasing many things this year and for some very malas reason, we have been getting defective items.  Example, we bought beddings/ lines at Our/Home, after 1 wash nagkaroon na ng
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

Itsmai.Shop

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 10:00:38 am »
hi sis its lemon(defective brand new) car, although hindi pa kami pasok sa lemon law kaya through consumer act pa yung samin.

rochelle1025

• GirlTalker
  • Believer of second chances and God's winks
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 10:03:32 am »
Nope, not the Dee family.
believer of second chances, God's winks and #thankyoumoreplease

bk

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:54:11 am »
E yung mga establishments na may dagdag charge pag credit card gamit na pambayad? May nakaexperience na ba magreklamo sa DTI? Ang alam ko kasi bawal yun pero marami pa rin gumagawa. Like this August bumili ko ng new phone sa Greenhills. Sabi they accept cc
pero may additional fee pa kahit straight payment naman gagawin ko. So ang ending naghanap ako ng atm para magwithdraw.

blushberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »
bk, did you buy from a store?  Greenhills is known for selling cheaper cellphones so expect na mark up is not too high.  If you pay pa using your credit card, they will have to issue sales invoice, may deduction pa for the bank and automatic withholding tax.  You can try to file a complaint pero even with companies like Inquirer, hiwalay pa ang VAT sa actual price ng advertisement nila. Hindi rin naman puwedeng magcomplain :(
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit.

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 11:46:50 am »
Share ko lang yun experience ng 2 friends ko last year. Summary lang ma-ishare ko kasi I forgot the exact details.

1. Friend #1 purchased an item sa online site (let's name it Company A) and ayaw palitan ng company so my friend reported it sa DTI (first step usually sa mga consumer complaints). By rule, the company is given 3 chances to explain their side. In the end, DTI found the company at fault and my friend was able to get a replacement of the item she purchased.

2. Friend #2 purchased an item sa online site (Company B, different online site ito). May problem din and based sa company's terms and conditions, my friend is entitled for a refund, and the company won't give her. My friend isn't rich but she hates injustice, so she went to DTI. When Company B received a letter from the DTI about my friend's complaint, nirefund agad.

Kung ano man binili niyo, make sure meron BIR registered invoice yan, hindi yun bastang invoice na binebenta lang sa tabi tabi. BIR registered invoice pwede sales invoice or cash invoice, company's name and address should be there with the TIN #. Whenever I buy something na pangmatagalan (e.g. house appliances or electronics), I make sure to read the terms and conditions na nakasulat sa warranty card kasi doon black and white. I don't trust the salesperson kasi hindi naman recorded conversation niyo, unless i-record ko talaga.

Have you had any experience with pursuing a complaint against a company and actually won?  I just realised how we, as Filipinos, just let things go just because suing someone, let alone suing a bigger company would cost lots of money. 

"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

Angel_14

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 06:41:03 pm »
Hi guys I need you advise,

On May 3, 2017, I entrusted my damaged vehicle to Toyota dealership for repair. The assigned service advisor, inspected my vehicle and agreed to fix the problem in four (4) days with complete checklist and full tank gasoline.

However, the agreed date of release was not met and it took 24 calendar days to fix my car. When my husband claimed the vehicle from Toyota on May 27, 2017, he was told that you had carried out a ?full service? and had put everything right.

Unfortunately, the service they have rendered on my vehicle was not satisfactory because there were missing vehicle parts and additional damages on my vehicle. 

Immediately after checking the vehicle, he noticed, among others, that there was a new damage on the left side rear bumper, the gasoline was half full, reverse camera was not functioning, and the fender flare was not properly fixed. He informed the service advisor about the said problems and was advised to bring back the said vehicle asap. However, their customer representative merely ignored our complaints.

After thorough inspection of my car, we also found out through our dash camera that my vehicle has been abused and used illegally. Upon watching the video recordings, we found out that their personnel was using our private vehicle as their driving apparatus.

As in there are conversations asking if whats the use ng N,2,D since my vehicle is an Automatic Transmission. Also stating how many people he taught using private vehicles. They are also pointing at another vehicle in which also used as their driving apparatus. There is also a video wherein they let your engine on up until hours they want with my radio on.

When I complained why does my gas gauge went almost below half of it and there are more damages occured; the service advisor keep on saying

"Ibalik nyo nalang po ulit saamin yung sasakyan nyo"

As we heads up the Toyota Management, all they are offering to us was buy back my vehicle and give us the privilege to loan at their company. As they showed the computation we need to pay them 1M..

Is this a fair compensation that they offer to their victims? Parang na-modus nila ako mga sis. Nilaspag yung sasakyan ko so that they can sell their product to me. :'( :'( :'(

Then Toyota keep on telling to all of their employees that they paid us 100k, but in fact we did not accept any amount from them. Ako pa nga nagbayad ng participation fee sa kanila. Ang kakapal ng mukha! :'( :'( :'( :'(

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02:36 pm »
Sorry to hear about your experience. Nakakainis talaga yun ganun.

was it Toyota Motor philippines who told their employees they paid you 100k or was it the toyota dealer where you had your car fixed? Personally, dito pa lang sa statement nakikita ko na they want to cover up the whole incident by spreading lies to their own employees. You can sue them for libel.

I'm not sure if covered sila ng DTI. But maybe you can also ask them for suggestion? NAisip ko din na ang mababangga mo is one of the multinational company sa Pinas, so be aware lang na it will be a slow process kasi they can drag everything. Another suggestion of mine is to go sa mga help centers sa media. Might be a dirty tactic pero there are big companies na gagalaw lang kung alam nila publicize na. But then again, meron disadvantage yan sa inyo.

I think one thing you have decide muna is what you want to happen. Will you be happy sa compensation? Even if the 1m is a reasonable amount, are you willing to let go of what happened? Or do you want to sue the Toyota dealer where you had your car fixed?
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close