Author Topic: New Job Offer  (Read 4993 times)

spinnn

• GirlTalker
New Job Offer
« on: August 14, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »
Hey sisses, I need your advice and enlightenment. I resigned na kasi from my work of 5 years, and I started job hunting. I had an interview a few weeks ago, and nag job offer na yesterday. Nahirapan ako inegotiate yung basic salary, as well as the leaves kapag naregular (of course I am thinking of long term kaya benefits din weigh ko).

Here are the pros and cons.
Pros: Near my house, 2 rides ng jeep, but I own a car so minsan dinadala ko for convenience and safety reason no saturdays work, slightly related with my previous work which is sales, competitive incentive scheme if based sa answer ng hiring manager
Cons: Salary is just slightly higher with mt current, no parking (if ever magdala ako ng car), hindi covered and communication allowance (so yung difference ng salary, dito mapupunta), less leaves lang total if  compare sa previous job kapag naregular and not convertible to cash, 5 lang ata kami sa office haha

I guess the reason why I am having this dilemma, is because of fear. Fear na no other companies will give me a chance or greater opportunities. My question is, should I drop and let this pass? Find better opportunities? Thank you in advance

iamanndee

• GirlTalker
Re: New Job Offer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:21:26 pm »
Hi Sis!

I think kung almost same lang din ang offer sayo, better yet humanap ka pa ng iba. IMO, kung hahanap lang din naman ako ng kapalit e di yung much better na kesa sa dati. Hindi yung so-so lang, dont settle sa isang bagay na ikaw mismo parang hindi sure o nagdadalawang isip.
WeChat: Annedoi

spinnn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:10 pm »
Thanks sis. I guess alam ko naman ang ang tama, talagang natatakot lang. Ganito pala feeling kapag aalis sa comfort zone.

leoanmsotelo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »
Dilemma ko din yan sis, ang umalis sa comfort zone. Five yrs na rin ako sa company and nasa job hunting mode na rin. Nasa final stages na rin mga interview ko next week. Ang inaalala ko lang din is yung di mameet yung gusto kong salary once na may job offer na. Ang hirap din pala pag galing ka sa mtaas na position then magstart nanaman.  :(

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:19:32 am »
Know your worth; & do not be afraid of insisting on it. 

Good luck!   

spinnn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 09:11:39 am »
Ang hirap din magnegotiate sa sarili. I mean, this is all new to me since first job ko nga yun current job ko.

LGV

• Junior GirlTalker
  • December bride and will forever be a happy wife <3
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 09:51:29 am »
Sis, if may funds ka pa to support yourself habang jobless ka hanap ka pa muna. Maraming maraming opportunity minsan kulang lang tayo ng time sa pagexplore. And minsan masyado tayong nagmamadali ayaw mabakante.

engr_neechee

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm in love with my Labrador Retriever
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 10:32:05 am »
Sis TS,

If I may ask, bakit ka umalis ng walang lilipatan?
When you want something, the whole universe conspires on helping you to achieve it.

http://vimeo.com/56471638

mimiku

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 10:50:11 am »
If you can't negotiate with the salary package, find another option. 5 years experience is enough to land you a better offer andyes, you are right, you need to think of long term goals as well and it is not enough that you get a meager raise from your previous salary. The rule is, get as much as 20% hike if not at least 15%. If they could not compensate then ask for other renumerations, otherwise, it is better to look for other opportunities and let go this one. :)
Veritas nunquam perit.

spinnn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »
Sis TS,

If I may ask, bakit ka umalis ng walang lilipatan?

Hi sis, actually matagal ko na plan na umalis hindi lang matuloy because of fear to get out of comfort zone. Ang plan ko is magrest talaga muna even for a while. But when this job offer came, I got excited din maybe sa bilis ng mga pangyayari and the thought na may new experience na pwede iexplore.

May funds naman kahit paano, but I am not thinking na patagalin ang pagiging vacant ko.

spinnn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
If you can't negotiate with the salary package, find another option. 5 years experience is enough to land you a better offer andyes, you are right, you need to think of long term goals as well and it is not enough that you get a meager raise from your previous salary. The rule is, get as much as 20% hike if not at least 15%. If they could not compensate then ask for other renumerations, otherwise, it is better to look for other opportunities and let go this one. :)

Hi sis, thanks for the inputs. Actually I tried to haggle the leaves upon regularization, kaya lang sobrang konti talaga and hindi pa daw convertible to cash. I let this one go. And start na naman ng paranoia. But I have to be firm sa decisions ko not just for personal but career growth din. Wish me luck! :)

mimiku

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »
Yes, tyagaan lang. I used to be an HR so I know some rules in recruitment. Basta don't ever settle for anything less than what you deserve in terms of financial security or else you'll end up hopping from one job to another. 20% is the max you can ask, but of course, mind also the security and career development you can have along the way. Keep on looking. Basta apply lang ng apply. Goodluck!
Veritas nunquam perit.

charlene_fn

• Administrator
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 11:53:07 am »
Hi, ladies!

Are you going through a tough time at work? Kailangan mo ba ng kakuwentuhan?

Join us as we talk about all things work from resigning to shifting careers on the Calamansi app on Wednesday, February 24, at 9 p.m. Feel free to simply listen in or share your concerns with other Pinays.

Chika naman tayo. Click this link to join Girl Talk Live: Usapang Trabaho: https://share.mansi.io/fGFjYfQm5db.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close