Author Topic: Anxiety Attack/Panic Attack/Anxiety Disorders  (Read 39295 times)

Tatrix

• GirlTalker
Anxiety Attack/Panic Attack/Anxiety Disorders
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »
I've had this since I was a kid but it just went away and it wasn't properly diagnosed. Last year, I was brought to ER because of difficulty breathing and it was diagnosed as anxiety attack. Last week, I was sent to ER again because of this.

I had psychiatrist consultation last year and was given prescription but because I didnt want to rely on meds, I tried to control it and it went away. Last week, i had no choice but to take the meds because it was getting worse.

Is there anyone here who experienced this? If so, what did you do?

baby.girl

• GirlTalker
Re: Anxiety Attack/Panic Attack/Anxiety Disorders
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:51:25 pm »
I have never been diagnosed with either of the aforementioned problems pero I am guessing I may have bouts of panic attacks once in awhile.  When I feel my heart palpating, talagang I make it a point to breathe in and breathe out.  Too much stress brings this out.

iamabigail18

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:59:17 am »
I have anxiety disorder too. Worst feeling ever. But for how many times na nagpapanic attack ako, I have learned that nobody else can help me deal with it but myself. Though at first, I used to take alprazolam and beta blockers for my palpitation, I realized na I should not depend on meds, kasi ako rin mahihirapan especially if naconsume ko na lahat. At saka hassle masyado magpa prescribe ulit sa doctor. Thats why I practiced deep breathing exercise. It really helps. And of course exercise din and healthy diet. :)

loveleah

• sexymomma
  • GirlTalker
  • feeling thankful..
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:11 am »
I used to have this when I was a kid, it's hard when you are so young and you have these panic attacks, I kept journals and prayed a lot, then it would go away.. Growing up, when I get these, I try to control my thoughts and emotions and focus on happy thoughts, and somehow, it reduces the anxiety.. Instead of meds, I recommend yoga, or other relaxing activities to de stress
everyday is a sweet,exciting,winding road

dara_01

• Happiness is a choice
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • with even so little, we can still be happy

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »
my panic attack and health anxiety are getting worse lately. Ang hirap! pcos ba or hormonal imbalance can be the cause?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:13:50 pm by marge070407 »

Tatrix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:13 am »
my panic attack and health anxiety are getting worse lately. Ang hirap! pcos ba or hormonal imbalance can be the cause?

I'm not really sure, sis. Hindi ako familiar sa ibang causes ng anxiety disorder.

Last week, I was prescribed with higher dosage of Zoloft. Hindi parin kasi nawawala. I am still trying to reach deep into my subconscious to learn what exactly is the root cause of this. Kasi akala ko okay na ako eh. And then all of a sudden, inaatake nanaman ako.

swim_fatale

• I'm back to being a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Girls who behave don't make history.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:22:58 pm »
Have had panic attacks since 2004 but only started seeing a psychiatrist in 2013. I take Alprazolam (Xanor or Altrox) and I've been taking Mirtazapine (Mirazep) which is actually an antidepressant but also suppsoedly helps with anxiety. After almost 4 months of taking Mirazep, I still have panic attacks although not as bad as before. Pero ayoko na mag-meds, deliks sa liver eh. Will see my doc this week to ask if I can get off Mirazep na ang go organic na lang, tipong St. John's Wort.
Inhale...Exhale...

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »
I would think hindi naman grabe anxiety attacks ko kasi I can still control it though malakas talaga palpitations ko at times.  I know I can't take medications kasi I am pregnant pero after giving birth I should probably address this or lessen my stress load.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 09:38:18 pm »
vivianreyes

How much does she charge and what kind of help does she give?
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 11:28:17 am »
body pains and hair loss ba signs of anxiety?

Kyäni Family

• Probationary
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 10:45:03 am »
Anxiety and depression can be treated naturally. Know that nothing bad will happen to you. You will be okay. Tell your body that that is good for you- that's how you fight it. When you tell your body that everything is good, it will not try to run/escape from what you're feeling. Every time you try to fight it, the more you will be in pain. Try to befriend it, and the attack seems not to hurt you anymore. Challenge the attack, and demand for more. I know that seems scary, but try to ask, "Is that all you've got?" And it will go away. Exercise and healthy diet are effective ways as well to break from it. Join volunteer activities. And dare to believe that God will help you get through that. You can overcome this!

cybelekronos

• ang puyat sa umaga
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Be crazy.Be stupid.Be silly.Be happy.. Be You!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »
inatake ako kanina. ang hirap. yung feeling as if the walls are closing in around, chest tightening, pinagpapawisan at the same time sobrang giniginaw, as in nanginig ako.. nag start na ko mag hyperventilate, even i barely able to catch my breath,nag try ako bumangon from bed pinilit ko maabot yun jacket ko. dahil d ko na macontrol un chills ko.

tapos sinabi ko sa sister ko, na 3x na ko inaatake since nov.  ang hirap explain sa kanya, o sa kanila, like malamig naman daw talaga, or baka gutom lang yan, kesyo wala naman daw ako problema bakit ako aatakihin. hay ang hirap hirap explain.
akala ata nila ginusto ng may anxiety un ganito pakiramdam.

halos wala na ko natirang friends dahil ayaw ko lumabas ng bahay, isipin ko pa lang aalis ako o mag drive, nag papanic na ko. hay.  :'(

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 02:03:44 am »
Anxiety and depression can be treated naturally. Know that nothing bad will happen to you. You will be okay. Tell your body that that is good for you- that's how you fight it. When you tell your body that everything is good, it will not try to run/escape from what you're feeling. Every time you try to fight it, the more you will be in pain. Try to befriend it, and the attack seems not to hurt you anymore. Challenge the attack, and demand for more. I know that seems scary, but try to ask, "Is that all you've got?" And it will go away. Exercise and healthy diet are effective ways as well to break from it. Join volunteer activities. And dare to believe that God will help you get through that. You can overcome this!

Easier said than done especially when you are in the moment. Iba-iba kasi ang causes ng depression. Some are hereditary, some are due to past experience. It does help to go to a professional to figure out the best therapy and treatment. According to my research, magnesium deficiency can also cause anxiety. So, try adding magnesium supplement to your diet. Although you can get it from nuts, green leafy veggies, pumpkin seeds etc., the soil most farmers plant their crops right now doesn't produce enough magnesium which also means the produce won't provide the same. I just learned this last week. So, I got me a bottle of magnesium complex. The research said, magnesium chelate is the best choice. But make sure you talk to your doctor regarding this mineral.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

iam.Arianna

• GirlTalker
  • I am a fighter.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 10:35:36 pm »
Teenager palang ako mabilis ako nerbyosin, lage akong kinakabahan ng wala naman reason, takot ako sa tunog ng tambol or any things na may malakas na tunog, sobrang takot ako dun hanggang ngayon. Madalas ako mag imagine ng mga bagay na yun at tunog kaya lage akong hindi mapalagay. Lage akong ninenerbyos. Anxiety Attack ba tawag dun? May goiter din pala ako kaya iniisip ko baka symptoms yun ng sakit ko. Pero mas madalas tinatawag nila akong baliw at naloloka na lalo ng asawa ko. Ang gusto ko lang naman may mag-comfort sakin kapag inaatake ako ng ganong situation. :(

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 10:46:12 pm »
^It sounds like you have GAD or Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I can't bear loud noise as well. I had bad panic attack when I was watching Star Wars with my son. It was on Ultra AVX so everything seems enhanced. My son was enjoying the movie but I was in agony the whole time. Di ko tuloy naintindihan masyado ang movie...LOL! Thyroid problems can also trigger anxiety. You need to address that first. Elimination process ika nga. If it still persist then you might need a help of a therapist. I had my first session with a therapist last week and she taught me some breathing exercises. It does help when panic attack sets it.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

lilyscapes

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 11:00:07 am »
i'm not sure about the causes of anxiety disorder but accdg to my dad's doctor, it can be hereditary. so my dad gave me emergency pills for anxiety attack (xanor). i experience anxiety attack kasi every time i'm stressed or maraming iniisip, tipong parang umaakyat yung dugo sa utak ko, then palpitations. lol. i also have a bottle of sleeping pills with me.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:14 am »
^^Body pains, headaches, sensation of lump in the throat, insomnia, muscle twitching, difficulty concentrating, difficulty breathing, dizziness, feeling of doom, feeling of going crazy are some of the symptoms of anxiety and panic disorder.

enyuti

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 12:55:34 pm »
Hirap sa anxiety, it comes and goes. Akala mo ok na tapos bigla anjan na naman. Pastors say God did not create anxiety. I tried to fight it and just pray most of the times. I dont know if i lack faith. But i know i believe in God. I cant seem to go thru the day. Heaviness in my chest is my common complaint....muscle tension. Been taking LexApro on and off since 2011. I dont want to be pabigat to my family.... It's easier said than done.... People really don't understand.

Mommychinita18

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 02:14:07 pm »
Hi fellow GT's! Ako naman hindi ko alam kung panic attack/axiety attack ba yun nangyayari sakin. 3x na nangyayari pero yung pakiramdam na parang magdidilim pakiramdam ko. Mag start sa magttwitch yun sa mata ko, then nanmlalambot na tuhod, tapos parang hihimatayin. Di ko alam ang cause.

First kasi na nangyari ay sa loob ng church, tayuan kaya akala ko baka sa hilo lang kaya ako ganun.

Second, nun pinagalitan ako ng dad ko, as in di ko napigil at di mapigil ang iyak.

Third, sa work ko while talking to my manager. Yun ang pinaka recent and it happened last year. Basta bigla nalang ako napaupo at di mapigil umiyak kahit di ko alam bakit ako umiiyak. Pakiramdam ko nun nagpanic ako because the manager was asking too many questions.

Tingin niyo mga sis? Thank you sa help.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close