Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 2381 times)

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
Apple Watch
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:50:55 pm »
Not sure if topic already exists....

Decided to buy one while waiting for my order to process.
First day today I'll be wearing it to work.

Initial thoughts: more comfortable than my old Pebble, very easy to use/navigate, no problems with connecting to my iPhone, speakerphone is pretty decent depending on the surroundings.
This will definitely not be my everyday watch but will use it for the Giants day games that I want to discreetly monitor and plan to use it more for monitoring physical activity/exercise.

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:58 am »
What exactly does it do? I'm confused about it. Like what about it will push anyone to get it, other than it looks cute?

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:54:29 am »

What does the watch do?  Can be found here:  https://www.apple.com/watch/

What will "push anyone to get it" depends on individual needs.

I can only speak for myself:

- keep track of Giants games discretely at work
- monitor various parameters while doing different activities in my case: rowing, hiking, biking, walking and tennis
- instead of scrambling to find my iPhone at home I could just answer calls directly from my watch
- instead of taking out my wallet or iPhone I can use Apple Pay using the watch
- use the Passbook app from my watch to access event tickets and not have to take my phone out
- use my watch as a remote control for my Apple TV
- catch up on the latest news/headlines without having to take out phone
-etc etc etc

So it looks to me like  I did not buy the Apple Watch because "it looks cute". Lol.

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »
^looks very futuristic like what those superheroes use to call for their backup...  ;D

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 01:18:22 am »
Yes it's pretty cool!  Reminds me of the Jetsons when I first tried it.  When you get a phone call you can silence the phone and watch ring tone by just covering the watch with your hand.

mizizlim

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:42:58 pm »
hi.  im interested in buying an apple watch myself, but im not so sure about the international warranty coverage.

is the apple warranty for the watch similar to the iphone?  where it is linked to the place of purchase?

for example, if i buy the watch from the states and use it in the philippines, what happens if it gets damaged?  can i bring it to an official apple reseller here?
think COUNTRY!

ConcenTrix

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »
Antagal ng Apple watch sa Phils ha. I checked in apple stores in Shangri-La, Megamall and Rockwell, December pa raw, they all said.  I want to touch it first before buying. Experiential buying. Ahaha! I'm want the Stand Hours and Steps of course. Sana okay Apple watch sa acidic kong skin.

rockstar

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 10:52:46 am »
^sis ConcenTrix, available na Apple Watch today (October 23) at Beyond the Box Resorts World and Power Mac Greenbelt 3 & Trinoma branches. Pwede mo na i-try :D

ConcenTrix

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 07:33:49 pm »
Thanks! Just saw the Power Mac ad in Facebook! Available na nga today in Gbelt 3 and Trinoma! I'm so excited! I will check it tomorrow in Gbelt! (Haha! Puro exclamation points noh?) Di sya mabentang product ng Apple but I hope maganda sya. I'm very easy to please anyway.😀

ConcenTrix

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:13 am »
Bought a Space Gray Apple Watch Sports na.  The cheapest of the product line, goes with a lot of clothes (mostly black). Still tinkering with it but I definitely like how it tracks my movements, shows notifications fr my phones and the templated SMS! Haha!

rockstar

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:17:29 am »
Yey for you sis ConcenTrix!

ConcenTrix

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »
Haha!  Thanks, rockstar!

kaythrielle

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 10:10:51 am »
It comes in handy when i want to know where my iphone is 😅

hetty_01

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 10:29:49 am »
gano kaya katagal life span nito? anyone using it for 3 years or more, okay parin ba?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close