Author Topic: Tax Exemption for Parents of Children with Special Needs  (Read 5040 times)

oyie

• GirlTalker
Tax Exemption for Parents of Children with Special Needs
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:58:57 pm »
Anyone aware of any additional tax exemptions that we can claim if our children has special needs?

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Tax Exemption for Parents of Children with Special Needs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:45:57 am »

Sa Pinas?

meron tax deduction of 50k? laki din ng 50k kasi di sya exemption (deducted from taxable amount), but more on a relief straight bawas sa tax paid.

Try asking your HR, they should be able to assist on how to claim that tax deduction, alam mo naman satin, basta ganyan di malinaw.

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:58:03 am »
Meron tax exemptions. I can't remember the exact term nor kung ilan percent because it is my dad's accountant who is doing it for us. My brother is cerebral palsy, so qualified kami. Siyempre you have to show proof sa BIR muna, so we presented his PWD ID and the booklet.

As of 2017, PWD holders is entitled to 20% pwd discount PLUS 12% vat exemption sa mga establishments. Dati kasi 20% pwd discount lang
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

ghye

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 03:25:57 pm »
I accidentally stumbled into this thread and I'm happy that I did so.  My son has communication disorder and is considered a PWD.  I need to discuss this with my husband so he can apply for the tax benefits. Thanks GT.
mom to my nieces and nephews and especially to my baby boy

shinies

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 06:20:33 pm »
Ay sayang ngayon ko lang ito nakita.. Wala nang point kasi namatay na at tapos na tax season :(

cupcakejane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 10:37:05 pm »
If the child is not yet diagnosed with autism but undergoing therapy, will that count for deduction already since mahal din talaga magtherapy?

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:26:52 pm »
I accidentally stumbled into this thread and I'm happy that I did so.  My son has communication disorder and is considered a PWD.  I need to discuss this with my husband so he can apply for the tax benefits. Thanks GT.

it's just unfortunate na hindi active govt natin sa pwd dito sa Pinas, and lack of resources of the benefits for pwd. even sa senior citizens ganyan din, parang lately lang nagiging active sa pagpush ng mga benefits nila.

If the child is not yet diagnosed with autism but undergoing therapy, will that count for deduction already since mahal din talaga magtherapy?
u have to ask your local govt of qualified anak mo for pwd id. kasi BIR will only qualify you for tax deduction if meron pwd id. yunlang hiningi ng bir sa amin. pero sa local govt that issues pwd, they asked for my brother's birth cert, doctor's letter (confirming of his disorders, etc)
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

ghye

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 10:00:10 am »
^^ You need to ask for a certification from your child's DevPed to issue a certification.  I was just lucky that the second DevPed we went to asked me if I need a certification so I can claim a PWD ID for my son of which his first DevPed didn't offer it to us.

cupcakejane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:16 am »
^ He didn't ask me. I don't know tuloy if i should want to get one because i'm still hoping he is not autistic just for the sake of that PWD ID.

ghye

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 04:53:09 pm »
^ What is the diagnosis of the DevPed for your child?  My son is not autistic but he has communication disorder/ language impairment.  He is undergoing speech and occupational therapy.  Still he is considered as a PWD because he has a disorder.  If the speech will improve and he will be at par with his agemates, then he will not be considered a PWD anymore.  Maybe the reason why PWD ID's are renewed every three years since some disorders can be corrected.

gil12

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »
^^ my son has autism, kakakuha lang naman ng PWD ID niya. Nung una nga ayaw pa bigyan ng PWD ID anak ko kasi ang binigay lang naman yung report ng diagnosis niya hindi talaga certification. Nung binalikan ulit namin nabigyan na siya. Yung classmate ng anak ko sa school, alam ko hindi pa diagnosed with autism pero may speech problems siya pero may PWD ID siya. Considered pa rin yata kasi hirap pa magcommunicate.

I am not employed, may rental business kasi kami, ma-avail ko pa rin naman siguro tax exemption?
Stop excusing bad behavior with "This is just how I am"

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 08:19:18 pm »
^as long as you are filing your tax annually, you have the right to avail of the tax exemption.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close