Author Topic: How to Deal with Cyberbullies  (Read 4323 times)

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
How to Deal with Cyberbullies
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:40:33 am »
Hi all,

How do you deal with cyberbullies? Lalo na if they tag you sa isang hate speech like sa FB.

What I did - limit my audience, increase privacy on all my social networking sites, unfriend the perpetrator and completely silent muna on fb.

By definition as per Wikipedia -

Cyberbullying is the use of information technology to repeatedly harm or harass other people in a deliberate manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.[2]

Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

candygrenade

• Strawberry Girl, Banana Split Lady
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • 永遠に愛してくれてありがとう♥
Re: How to Deal with Cyberbullies
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
Block them. It’s only one button away. Don’t even think twice.
Ego tells us that only when things fall into place will we attain Peace. But if we listen to the Spirit, our Higher Self will tell us that only when we are at Peace will things fall into place...

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »
Prevention: Best way is to stay incognito and stay away from the fire as much as possible. Kung kating kati ka mag-comment sa isang issue na tingin mo maraming magdidisagree sa yo (one big example: Kung isa kang anti-theist, and you discuss that God does not exist with a group of Christians) better keep that comment to yourself kahit na sa mga arguments, alam mo sa sarili mo na tama ka o may tamang basehan ka.

Madami na kasi ngayon, basta may gagawin ka lang na medyo makatawag-pansin, kukunan ka agad ng litrato/screenshot/video at isheshare tapos gagawing viral.

Cure: Again, stay as incognito as possible. And as candygrenade stated, block them. Their only purpose of doing that is to shame you and to get you as down as you'll ever be; sa ganun sila nagiging masaya eh.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:26:44 pm by nettai »
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:18 am »
candygrenade and nettai

thank you. I blocked them from IG and FB. I created another twitter where I stay incognito to pour my comments and thoughts into.

It is helpful. Eventually issues like that will die a natural death. dedma na. lol It is a reflection of them not me. they cant put a good woman down. :) THanks
Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:19 am »
What exactly happened to you?

This somehow happened to me.  The cyberbullying was not directed at me, but to the company I represent. So, it really affected me a lot.  I was considering the legal route actually. Thankfully, the perpetrator erased her post when she realized that it was all a misunderstanding and that she overreacted.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

Prunella

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Meow?
    • I Shoot Film
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 05:44:27 pm »
Sometimes, avoiding them like a plague is not enough. Some of them can be vicious for no apparent reason other than the fact na hindi ka nila feel because you have different opinions.

I had an encounter with a psychotic cyberbully a few years back. She propagated lies that affected my job. She even got her hands on my then boyfriend's (now husband) email, contacted him and told him I was cheating (not true at all--- she just really wanted to ruin me). I ignored her for about a year, she would incessantly post abusive comments on my social media accounts. Deadma lang ako.

Sadly, it didn't work. I got tired of the bullying and the threats (she would send me emails telling me that should we cross paths, she would throw acid in my face).  I had her IP, full name and address tracked down. I then sent her an email and informed her that I would file a lawsuit if she didn't stop. It worked.

I was serious about the lawsuit, btw.

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »
wag ka paapekto. pag sure ka na hindi naman para syo dedma ka lang, kahit pa sabihin mo ng tinag ka nung nagpost - pag bigla mo kasi sila nablock it means affected ka.

Pero since na-unfriend mo na sya, block mo na rin pati yung mga known connections mo sa taong yun.

huggykaye

• chubbychiqt
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:07:31 pm »
I was serious about taking legal action nung may gumawa sa akin nito kaso sayang tinanggal nya yung post nya... ang sabi sa kin mahirap daw ipa trace  pa kaya hindi na ako nag aksaya ng panahon... dinamay lang nya ako dahil sa ex ko.. sayang talaga tinanggal nya.. blocked him sa FB... dun lang ako matatahimik eh.. wala naman ako balak makipagsagutan online... that's not how i plan to play his game..
" hold me.. hug me.. kiss me.. love me.. never let me go.. "

mysterioza_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:09 pm »
Buhayin ko lang itong thread.
I?m planning to take a legal action regarding this person making a fake account in fb para manira. She?s using my pictures and nagsasabi ng insulting things. Wala naman sana ako plan pumatol pero 3rd account na itong ginawa niya. Napadeactivate ko na yung 2 nauna. So papadeactivate ko then gagawa lang siya ng bago. Effort di ba? I want to know if may laban ba tayo sa dummy accounts and kung pwede kaya ma-trace ang IP address kahit deactivated na ang account.
If a girl understands your b******t, stick through your mistakes, smiles even when you've done nothing for her , it's obvious she's a keeper. But it's also obVious that you don't deserve her...

superbubly

• 👀 👄 👅
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • =♥♥ 7 years ng GirlTalker YAY ♥♥=
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 12:41:01 pm »
Dedma lang as in talk to my hand. Bahala sila sa mga mukha nila hahahaha char!  ;D Noon may Facebook pa ako, block lang sagot ko sa mga cyberbullies then I got tired, deactivated my FB account permanently. Para iwas stress, I am so happy I made the right choice sa buong Social Media Generation life ko.
♥♥ 7 years na pala sa GT ahahaha ♥♥

Gabriel Boyle

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 03:21:01 am »
Hi all,

How do you deal with cyberbullies? Lalo na if they tag you sa isang hate speech like sa FB.

What I did - limit my audience, increase privacy on all my social networking sites, unfriend the perpetrator and completely silent muna on fb.

By definition as per Wikipedia -

Cyberbullying is the use of a list information technology to repeatedly harm or harass other people in a deliberate manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.[2]

It's a very interesting topic

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close