Author Topic: Working Abroad Solution Sa Kahirapan?  (Read 11193 times)

izabelle

• Extremely Happy Wife and Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Working Abroad Solution Sa Kahirapan?
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:54 am »
^ Mas gusto ko dito sa Pinas because ok ang life namin dito. Hindi kami mayaman pero comfortable buhay namin. Kahit paunti unti nakakapag pundar and may konti ng investments and savings.

I think nasa pagiging kuntento din ng tao. For me kasi masasabi ko kuntento ako sa buhay namin dito and masaya ako dito sa Pinas. :)

The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. :)

lovely_carrot

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:45 pm »
I personally knew 2 people na nag DH sa HongKong. They eventually applied for work sa Canada, andun na sila ngayon, the other lady is with her whole family, while yung isa kinuha nya yung daughter nya. Judging by their recent blessings in Canada, I can see that their lives/future is much better that what it was when they were still here in the Philippines.
God help you if you are an ugly girl but too pretty is also your doom, 'cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room ~32 flavors

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »
Case to case basis.. Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon. I know a lot of people ilan taon nagwork sa abroad pero nganga pa din pag uwi sa Pinas. Hindi kasi natuto mag invest. hindi natuto mag ipon. In short either waldas sya or waldas ang pamilya dito.

True. Most Filipinos don't know how to save kasi. Normally, they live within their means, kasi inuuna ang bahay kotse and gadgets, on top of insurance, education, retirement. Kaya once something falls out of place, sickness or calamity, sobrang nad-derail finances nila.

Yung iba nasa abroad na nakatira, akala mo big time, puro branded stuff, only to find out kabikabila ang utang.

So, for me, depende sa tao.. Abroad is not always a solution sa kahirapan and does not always mean mas may magandang buhay.

at the end of the day, it is how you managed your finances.

I also agree. Pero sis dagdagan ko lang, managing finances + SAFEGuarding it. Feeling ko kasi sa Pinas, hirap na hirap ka maikaipon, one way or another, someone in someway will take advantage of you and you have no way to recover but start again and save. Kahit anong ipon mo, even the government will tax you and squeeze as much out of you, kahit mag save ka, pamana mo or transfer your properties, wala kang kawala sa taxes na walang silbi.

So my thoughts on safeguarding? Being able to invest without the hassles of government bureaucracy, corruption, adherence to contracts at kapag di Na follow you can easily claim etc.
You can also easily write a will at Kung wala ka na, you're still assured that your will can be granted as per your wish, at protected parin Ang rights ng heirs mo.

applejy

• Probationary
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 06:05:28 pm »
I think the most appropriate question would be "Isa sa solusyon sa Kahirapan" well honestly, there are more opportunities sa ibang bansa kaya madaming nag wowork abroad. Kalat kasi corruption dito kaya mga mahihirap, lalong naghihirap, mga mayayaman, lalong yumayaman.

baby.girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2015, 01:53:40 am »
Obviously, salary is higher when you work abroad.  But if the person's lifestyle will also change drastically, and she starts spending accordingly, hindi rin makakaipon.  Dito naman sa pilipinas if you know pano magpaikot ng money you can work things out.

killbill

• L'Arc-en-ciel
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2015, 01:58:33 am »
Also consider na if you are earning in dollars, you are also spending in dollars. Madami akong kakilala na todo tipid dun, or todo kayod para makaipon tapos pag uwi saka gagastos ng bongga. Or wala manlang naipundar, sayang lang yung ilang taong nagwork sya dun.
I died then my instinct was born

fall2pieces

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2020, 03:18:59 pm »
Is it still true nowadays?
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I live to travel..
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2020, 05:34:27 pm »
^It still depends on the goal of that person.  Some people work abroad to have the opportunity to save up and give back to their families back in the PH.  Some are using it as stepping stone to bring their own families to their countries in order to have a better life.  Some are just trying to escape from the harsh realities in the PH, have a peaceful life (let's face it, sometimes, you want to escape from something like the culture for instance). 

Basically, it depends on the goal and sometimes, money isn't one of them.

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2020, 07:24:36 am »
^^Depends on your lifestyle. Now that I have kids and one has special needs pa, I can't see myself and my family living anywhere else but Canada.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close