Author Topic: Ovarian Cyst Operation  (Read 7654 times)

lesanello

• Probationary
Ovarian Cyst Operation
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:51:43 am »
Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago I felt a big lump on my  lower abdomen. My parents took me to Best Diagnostic for a Pelvic ultrasound. The sonologist found a huge ovarian cyst (14.57cm x 12.77cm x 13.10cm). It was classified as an Endometrioma attached to my right ovary. My OB will surgically remove it, togetehr with my right ovary on Friday (January 17, 2014).

By the way, I just turned 20 years old this month and had to stop school for a while due to this. Some "symptoms" that manifested prior to the discovery of my ovarian cyst were weight gain, amenorrhea or irregular menstruation, and mood swings.

I'm really scared, but I'm also excited. I just hope it's not cancerous. Malignant ovarian cysts are rare naman daw. But still...

Any advice from the Ates, Titas and Mommys out there?

Thank you! :)

P.S.
I erroneously posted in "Exercise" and I don't know how to move it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:04:14 pm by mama squeak! »

stylishmomy

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Ovarian Cyst Operation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:08 am »
^good luck sis.. will be saying a prayer for you. My mom had to go through the same thing about 4 years ago...

mamaGie

• walang basagan ng trip!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:12:42 pm »
hi sis, good luck. My sister had her left ovary taken too  when she got pregnant with her first child, and sadly the baby didn't make it. Naipit sya dun sa bukol sa ovary ng sis ko. I don't know the exact measurement of the cyst pero it was huge. Para syang 2kg na ham na bilog. Anyways, she is now blessed with 3 boys.. at twins yung bunso nya.

sweet_cherry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:19 am »
goodluck sis, i had the same operation last May. kalma lang ha, and rest well after the operation para di bumuka ang tahi..
Blessed

dropdeadgorgeous

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »
pray a lot sis. i had mine removed last 2002. left ovary kasama yung cyst. low malignant pa nga ang findings sa kanya. marami ang nagsasabi na mahihirapan na daw ako magkaanak. pero God got great plans. may 1 year old baby boy na ako. wag ka matakot, keribels lang yan.
its hard to be me...

piatos

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 05:01:27 pm »
Meron ko myoma sa left and right ovaries makukuha pa ba ito sa gamot? [textspeak!] dapat ko gawin para maiwasan ang paglaki. Pls help!

adventurousfeet

• GirlTalker
  • keep positive! :D
    • Adventurous Feet
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 01:13:03 pm »
hi sis, did you have a second opinion?  Baka kasi pwede kang maoperahan without removing your ovary.  Naka dami akong ob bago ako nakatagpo ng okay. Most of them kasi, advise sakin aalisin na ang ovary, eh both ovaries pa naman may cyst, had endometriosis 10++cm ang size based on ultrasound.  Went under operation by my ob na di tinanggal ang ovary ko.  If the biopsy after the operation tells you malignant, syempre dun na patanggal. Pero kung benign, at least na save ang ovary mo :)

As for the operation, everything will be perfectly fine, prayer works everytime. Tulog ka lang naman nun. Before you know it, okay na! Just rest well and watch what you eat din after. ;)

girl100

• Probationary
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:49:08 pm »
I agree with adventurousfeet try to seek for second opinion if OB opted to remove your ovary.. I had one big cyst on my one ovary before few years ago.. My OB was able to remove the cyst without removing my ovary... Ako naman was operated awake. hehe.. I am so thankful with my OB . kung sa iba OB siguro tinanggal na din yung ovary with cyst..  Prayers really works...  :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close