Author Topic: What do you feel when you see foreigners in our country?  (Read 21142 times)

angelzero

• Chock Full of Hoot
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • If you're an evil witch I will punch you for fun!
Re: What do you feel when you see foreigners in our country?
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 09:06:14 am »
kung naiinitan ako sa pinas, mas naiinitan siguro sila hehe..
Right thoughts
Right words
Right action

merchee

• I.T. girl and morenang
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 11:29:23 am »
pag nag-lalakad sila alone or with fellow foreigners, parang gusto ko silang tanungin kung bakit nila naisipan pumunta sa pinas. interesting lang.

Give it time love...the fire feels divine. The sweetest things they burn before they shine...

Visit and follow my space that talks everything about women! :)

http://beestows.blogspot.com/

Trianna

• GirlTalker
  • i'll be the best mom ever!
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 09:14:50 am »
may nakatabi ako kahapon while having lunch in greenwich, 2 young chinese tourists. small talk kami. sabi nila di daw honest yung 'bike' nasakyan nila. nag offer daw ikot sila sa intramuros, 100 per 30 minutes. naka 1 hour sila so dapat 200 lang. 400 ang siningil, sabi nga nila eh, not honest yung driver. nakakahiya. sana alagaan natin sila para balik ulit sila someday and bring friends with them. sobra ganda ng pilipinas, it's something we should take care of and be proud of. besides, malaking income binibigay ng mga visitors sa tin. meals pa lang nila while they're here, income na ng mga food businesses natin. 

was asked pano pumunta ng manila bay. gusto ko na sila ipasyal nung time na yun kahit di ko kakilala (kaso may work pa), makabawi man lang sa 1st dishonest filipino nakasama nila and prove we are not like that.  :(

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 11:11:03 am »
feels great if they are here to invest or be tourists. pero pag sex tourist, i feel really bad and disgusted with them and the women who prowl these kind of men.

one of the reasons na foreigners don't go here aside from safety is proximity to other asian countries kasi it's easy to hop from singapore to malaysia to thailand and indonesia plus the travel expense isn't as expensive as here. tsaka we are an archipelago so maraming ferry boat or plane rides to reach a certain destination. and manila kasi isn't perceived as a tourist paradise na gusto nila to go around here unlike bangkok or KL. parang manila is just a stop over for them.

Valkerie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 10:05:32 am »
INVASION hahaha *peace*

bluegintonic

• I am loved and now a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I am the cat's MEOW.
    • Ana Banana
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »
Sana dumami pa sila,wag sana sila ma-onse ng mga kabayan at ipagkalat na kahit paano (kahit kulelat tayo sa tourism),may maengganyo pa sila pumunta dito.
It is our choices that show what we truly are,far more than our abilities

alexsy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:08 am »
naalala ko yung sabi ni vice ganda, "may isa na namang kababayan natin ang giginhawa ang buhay"

sima

• Super GirlTalker
  • ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »
feels great if they are here to invest or be tourists. pero pag sex tourist, i feel really bad and disgusted with them and the women who prowl these kind of men.

Ditto.  Concerned din kasi baka yung mga places na pinupuntahan nila dito sa atin eh lalo pa nilang dinudumihan or dinudungisan.  Minsan, iniisip ko rin na halos ipamigay na lang natin ang ating Philippine visa para lang maka-generate ng income sa tourism.

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, maganda for our economy if nandito sila as a tourist pero meron din kasing mga tourist dito na di maganda ang intentions. But I want to believe na mas marami yung former.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:09:26 pm by orangepulp »
@foodgalore88

fabuleuxmoi

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 12:11:36 am »
^ Me too. I'm happy to see foreigners in the country who are here to travel, but some are just here for sex tourism. That's just sad. It really makes our country cheap, ugh!

But then again, those who were in power to change it are really dumb. I'm talking about those who handled the infamous Pilipinas Kay Ganda campaign. Seriously? That's obviously corruption! They did it just to get a campaign out there at magkapera sila. Ganyan ka-unmindful ang ibang tao na nasa tourism industry natin (probably, until now) so we really couldn't expect tourists who have class. Sana magbago na.

That said, I really liked the More Fun in the Philippines campaign c/o BBDO. One of their videos before even made me teary-eyed. I hope it brings in more good quality tourists in the next few years.

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 07:53:08 am »
That means they see opportunities in the Philippines. I work around foreigners in Makati all the time. My husband is an American. They love the Philippines and Filipinos. They don't even feel like they're foreigners.

cloudzy_09

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:31 am »
I like it kasi it generate more income for us pero yung sex tourist pati pedophile nakakairita at kadiri kasi minsan lantaran especially sa cebu at minsan mindoro >:(

Sa greenbelt ang dami sex tourist doon kaya nakaka badtrip hindi na ako pumupunta doon for years kasi yung isa bar doon ang tambayan ng mga pokpok. Minsan nasa starbucks kami nag hibintay ng order may old and fat na foreigner trying to pick us up yuckyyy natakot ako.

crayzee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:26 pm »
minsan naiisip ko na we are being invaded, heheh pero its more on young foreigners choose to study in the Philippines (private school) and I'm happy na somehow are education system is somehow improving 

Angelme

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »
What i feel when i see foreigners here?? I wanted to exchange passports with them :D Kidding aside, I've overheard a Norweigan saying that the cost of living here is almost getting the same as theirs.

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2014, 11:58:47 am »
I've had classmates and officemates who were foreigners, and sometimes we would talk about the food here, the nice places to visit, some customs, etc.  I try to suggest the many wonderful vacation spots that we have here and encourage them to explore the local food and the culture, and hope that they see how beautiful our country is.  Most of them appreciate the sunny Filipino attitude and marvel at how resilient we are.  There has been some well-deserved criticism lobbied here and there (ex. corruption, poverty, etc.), and it really touched me because most of them didn't just criticize for the sake of ranting about the Philippines but because they were really hoping that things might improve.

Miss.Pancake

• come and get it
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Finally it happened to me
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 05:24:44 am »
I feel thankful andito sila sa bansa kasi kung wala, ewan ko nalang kung anong nangyari sa bansa natin. hehe.
"Exercise gives you endorphins.Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."

babcruz8787

• Probationary
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »
Sis, siyemre masaya at para akong nasa New York ulit, namamasyal kasama ang ibat ibang lahi ng people.  I enjoy going to Makati and the Fort and sa observation ko madaming foreigners ang nandun :)

I guess, the PH government needs to step up and fix the traffic situation in the country, I'm referrng to Manila perse.  Grabe ang traffic, as in :(   So to all the tourist, when you visit the PH, check our nice malls, delicious foods and very hospitable people... not the snail pace traffic :)  Chhers!!!

Bab ;)

telekikay

• Mister Mojo Rising Is A
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Day destroys the night, Light divides the day...
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 11:53:23 am »
i feel like a second class citizen. sad.
"Smoking helps you lose weight -- one lung at a time!"

hisana

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:51 pm »
Wala lang, LOL. They're just regular people on vacation or business. Welcome to the philippines, enjoy your stay, keep safe, and behave...that's it.

And nakakainis minsan dahil may discrimination sa ibang food establishment, for example pag kukunin ng waiter yung order mo ay hindi naka-smile pero pag foreigner na yung oorder eh todo all smiles sila which pisses me off >:( .

Totally agree. It's pathetic.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close