Author Topic: Who's into PHOTOGRAPHY here as a hobby?  (Read 69371 times)

Anntukeen

• Probationary
Re: Who's into PHOTOGRAPHY here as a hobby?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »
Sis, ano pwede mo irecommend na DSLR for beginers like me? Yung hindi masyadong mahal. I also tried browsing for photograhy tips and lessons via the Internet, kaso mostly pang DSLR..i only have point and shoot cam at the moment... :-\

Thanks.

LiL019

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:17 pm »
^Sis, nag-classes ka din pala kay James Nicolay.  I attended his basic photography class last March.  I wanted to enroll for the other classes, pero saka na kapag madami na kong picture. ;D 

I also took up S'Nicolay's class last 2008. :) A started with mobile cam, p&s, and last April 2010, I bought my new dslr, D90. :) It's also my hobby. Then I partnered with my friend, who's a makeup artist. :) So, we, from time to time go on photo shoot with pay, and on my free time, I just make it a hobby.

My photos can be seen here: http://chinitaindcloset.multiply.com or http://travelnfoodwithgayle.blogspot.com

Regarding the techniques and tips, read. Read photography books. Join a group, join a Photography organization. Join open shoots. And yung 365 Photo A Day Project helps you enhance your photos. I actually tried this, but with my full-time job, it's really hard to keep up. So, I'm occassionally doing the 52 Weeks Project or 1 Photo/Week Project. :) By the way, I have a 365 Project Plan with regards of theme or subject you like to challenge yourself. I can email it to you, if you like. :)
Instagram: nikkibeaninwangjing

rebelheart

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 05:49:12 pm »
Sis, ano pwede mo irecommend na DSLR for beginers like me? Yung hindi masyadong mahal. I also tried browsing for photograhy tips and lessons via the Internet, kaso mostly pang DSLR..i only have point and shoot cam at the moment... :-\

Thanks.

Hi sis! i suggest Nikon D3100. affordable and good entry level camera. pero syempre it's your choice pa din. you can also check Canon pero hindi ako masyadong familiar sa Canon. if you're going to buy, mas ok kung i-hands on mo muna like kung ok ba yung laki, bigat and yung sa tingin mo na magiging komportable yung kamay mo :) I'm using d3100 as a beginner and so far satisfied naman ako. here are my sample shots to give you an idea http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheng_amul
"Someday this morning would just be a memory." - paulo coehlo

rebelheart

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »
^Sis, nag-classes ka din pala kay James Nicolay.  I attended his basic photography class last March.  I wanted to enroll for the other classes, pero saka na kapag madami na kong picture. ;D

ako din gusto kong mag enroll for other classes. plan ko sana sa FPPF (Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation). magaling daw mga instructor dun and talagang tutukan sa bawat students kaya matuto ka talaga. tapos may photoshoot din during class.
"Someday this morning would just be a memory." - paulo coehlo

queencath

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »

Thanks.

Canon 1100d or Nikon d3100.  Both are good but if you plan on purchasing a portrait lens(w/c is a must have) in the future, 1100d will be the practical choice.  It is cheaper(approx. PhP 4,500) and it can autofocus on all Canon DSLRs.  For some reason, its nikon counterpart doesn't autofocus on the d3100.
Have a great devotion to Mary Help of Christians and you will see what miracles are.

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »
I also took up S'Nicolay's class last 2008. :) A started with mobile cam, p&s, and last April 2010, I bought my new dslr, D90. :) It's also my hobby. Then I partnered with my friend, who's a makeup artist. :) So, we, from time to time go on photo shoot with pay, and on my free time, I just make it a hobby.

My photos can be seen here: http://chinitaindcloset.multiply.com or http://travelnfoodwithgayle.blogspot.com

Regarding the techniques and tips, read. Read photography books. Join a group, join a Photography organization. Join open shoots. And yung 365 Photo A Day Project helps you enhance your photos. I actually tried this, but with my full-time job, it's really hard to keep up. So, I'm occassionally doing the 52 Weeks Project or 1 Photo/Week Project. :) By the way, I have a 365 Project Plan with regards of theme or subject you like to challenge yourself. I can email it to you, if you like. :)

That's nice! :)  I'm currently doing a 365 Project with other girls here in GT.  Medyo challenging nga siya with a full-time job.  Pero ang saya din.  You get to look at things differently, and it really helped me understand my equipment better.  I still consider myself a neophyte hobbyist.  Rarely din kasi ako mag-post process.  Hindi dahil sa ayaw ko ha, mahirap talagang maghanap ng oras. 

I find that I'm no good with portraits.  Landscapes are a learning experience.  I work best on still-life, though.  Pero malay mo, may pag-asa pa kong kumuha ng magagandang portrait shots. :)
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

mystella

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 07:34:50 am »
Can somebody here recommend photography organizations? what are the names of those orgs and how to join?

and paano kung out of the country ako? pls suggest photograpy organizations online. thanks.

suggest also titles of books that could be helpful. dapat bang bumili para mag-improve at matuto?

buzzhang

• GirlTalker
    • Hire a VA Now
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 11:28:20 pm »
I love photography! I'm just a newbie about this. I hope I could learn a lot from all of you girls. :)
Signature edited.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 03:27:49 pm »
I started playing with a DSLR in 2009. I own a Nikon D80. I used to spend Saturdays shooting with professionals and enthusiasts. Never attended photography school due to my short attention span. Classroom setting won't work for me.

Kaya nga lang, in 2010, I pursued dance kaya nawalan ng time for photography. Hindi ko na rin naupgrade D80 ko. Minsan minsan na lang ako nakakashoot.

Dati, fave models ko sila Rachel Lobangco, Ariana Barouk, MJ Illescas, and Sofie Garucho. They're really nice and maganda kinakalabasan ng photos ko of them. :D

LiL019

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:10 pm »
That's nice! :)  I'm currently doing a 365 Project with other girls here in GT.  Medyo challenging nga siya with a full-time job.  Pero ang saya din.  You get to look at things differently, and it really helped me understand my equipment better.  I still consider myself a neophyte hobbyist.  Rarely din kasi ako mag-post process.  Hindi dahil sa ayaw ko ha, mahirap talagang maghanap ng oras. 

I find that I'm no good with portraits.  Landscapes are a learning experience.  I work best on still-life, though.  Pero malay mo, may pag-asa pa kong kumuha ng magagandang portrait shots. :)

Sis, okay na yung hindi ka nag.ppost-process. Mas maganda na hindi mo na makilala si Adobe. hehe. Recently, lang ako nag.venture out sa portrait and fashion. Masaya din. Pero siguro hindi ko siya gagawing forte, additional knowledge lang.
Instagram: nikkibeaninwangjing

ofischic

• The Frustrared Traveler
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:12 pm »
wow! i like this thread! I just recently bought my d5000 and puro self study and books plang ang reference ko. I love traveling and maganda din sabayan ng photography :)

I also joined Pinoy Photography group sa FB.

Please check my blogsite for sample shots, i only edit through Picasa d pa ako marunong ng Adobe eh :D

http://tinathefrustratedtraveler.blogspot.com/

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »
pa-join po mga sis.. another photo hobbyist here!

got my DSLR cam (D5000) last year, and to make it more useful, i also enrolled at Sir Nicolay's photography classes. mas affordable kasi, and the lessons are easy to understand, especially if you're a beginner. i also join trips that would allow me to take good pictures. pero favorite subject ko is kids kasi i noticed na walang panget na shots pagdating sa mga bata. they (kids) always register well sa camera kahit pa nakasimangot sila or umiiyak. i would also love to go into black and white photography soon, though alam ko, mas mahirap sya.  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

yancy

• Probationary
  • i am as weird as you.. or worse!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »
hello mga sis, i'm a D90 user, i had my basic photography & lighting workshop na, gusto kong mag street photography sa manila, pero dyahe kasi kung mag isa at kaka takot baka maging mitsa pa ng buhay ko yung camera.. pa join if in case may balak kayo mag photowalk ha  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:05:00 pm by yancy »
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."

doradora

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 05:56:31 pm »
I started digital photography in 2008 after getting into basic graphic design. My brother taught me some after he attended basic photography. We shared a Nikon D90. Now that I am getting more interested, I got a Canon 7D for myself. Since I have no time to attend workshop or classes, I was recommended to read beginner's books like the three volumes of Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography.
These books are very easy to understand and are very practical. 
Living in God's love and grace

Karrie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 03:18:12 pm »
Hi!  Would i love your input..what digital camera to buy. 
My parents are going on a European Tour and what camera should they buy for good quality photos?
Must be easy to use too and not to bulky kasi baka manakawan while going around? 
You see all those movies of tourists in Europe and they snatch the cameras from them, i am worried
a big camera would be a problem.
Thanks

tintoink

• GirlTalker
  • siMply Naive!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »
i just bought my cam a few weeks ago. canon 20d 2nd hand. maganda pa siya, recommended ng friend ko ng photog. semi pro siya. pero up until now hindi parin ako marunong gumamit.

ang  mga shots ko parang normal na kuha lang sa digicam.hehe
~~~♥i will leave you never ever...
.... i guess we've got an amazing L♥ve~~~♥

tintoink

• GirlTalker
  • siMply Naive!
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 10:28:36 pm »
meron bang photog org dito sa GT. baka pwede sumali ;)
~~~♥i will leave you never ever...
.... i guess we've got an amazing L♥ve~~~♥

hottieangel30

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 07:02:47 pm »
Hello, sisses!

I'm also a photography enthusiast, kaya makiki-join ako sa inyo.  :)

I currently own a Nikon D7000, pero di pa ko makapag-invest sa magagandang lens kasi may pinaglalaanan pa kame ni hubby-to-be (we're getting hitched 10 months from now), kaya practice practice lang gamit ang kitlens.

I'm a newbie, kaya for sure manliliit ako sa mga photos nyo. Anyhow, I'm sharing what I've accomplished so far: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/hottieangel30/.

jessebell

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
Saw your collection of photos- ang ganda ganda naman !

preeetybride

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 12:15:24 pm »
Sis!

Ang gaganda ng shots niyo! :D What cameras and lenses are you using?

Pinapaprint niyo pa ba yung photos niyo? :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close