Author Topic: Bangkok Shopping  (Read 104163 times)

sachagirl

• GirlTalker
Re: Bangkok Shopping
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 11:17:52 pm »
mga sis! 50% off sa cebu pac today untul 28. travel period from jun to aug. kaso ayaw ni hubby kasi punta alis din kami and i'm planning to go to SK. urgh! sayang talaga!
everyday in everything there's always something to be grateful for!

lizlikes

• Liz Likes Everything Nice
  • your daily fashion fix
    • Liz Likes
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:20 pm »
hi! joining in... loved shopping in chatuchak, pratunam market and platinum mall. i find patpong market expensive. too bad was not able to visit suam lum night market.

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • To God be the Glory!!!
    • Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 09:16:55 am »
How much is the price range of Bangkok Gold? like rings/bracelet/earings?
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

ysarte

• Twisted Sunshine ♥
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »
BF and I are planning to go to Thai on July pa naman. But I'm super excited na so I can't stop myself from browsing where-to's and what-to's sa Thailand.
Eto yung summary na nakuha ko here in GT. (Thanks sisters!  :-*)

Chatuchak
Platinum or Pratunam
Central World
Siam Paragon
MBK

What else pa girls? (Excited talaga!)
Ours is not perfect, but real.. ♥

lizlikes

• your daily fashion fix
    • Liz Likes
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 10:40:38 am »
hi! try to visit the temples on your first day to get a feel of thai history. when you visit the temples, try to eat at the market in front of the grand palace to taste the street food. =)

ysarte

• Twisted Sunshine ♥
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 11:43:37 am »
^
^
^
Sis thanks, I'll sure to visit that too! :)

anneG

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:57 pm »
^
^
^
Sis thanks, I'll sure to visit that too! :)

but be extra careful with the people outside, daming manloloko sasabihin close yung temple etc.. didivert kayo sa ibang place & don't wear shorts if you're visiting the templ mapapa rent ka pa ng sarong nila.

eeyore5147

• GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 01:04:39 pm »
First time namin dati sa BKK, nagtanong kami for directions going to a certain night market. Nasa harap kami ng isang mall (i forgot the name), yung pinagtanungan namin sabi sumakay kami ng tuktuk kasi malayo pa, kinausap nya in thai yung driver. Sinabi namin sa driver where we want to go pero sabi nya sarado pa daw. Dinala kami sa isang jewelry store :-\. Dun na lang daw muna kami mag shop.
Marami daw talaga ganun sa BKK, kaya dapat careful.

ysarte

• Twisted Sunshine ♥
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 01:07:21 pm »
anneG
Magsa-sarong ba kami sis pag visit sa temple? :D
Or pants and some long skirt will do?

eeyore5147
thanks for the warning :D
extra careful talaga when visiting other places.
kze you don't know your way around and you can't understand them.

cerulean

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 04:00:09 pm »
ysarte: When visiting temples, wearing pants will do. :) Iwas sa short skirts at shorts.

When I was in Bangkok, my friends and I never rode a tuktuk nor a taxi. Most malls are walking distance from our hotel so we just walked and walked. Masakit sa paa pero for shopping, I'll do anything. Lol!

I heard that Patpong and Suam Lum night markets are expensive. Presyong turista talaga.

The best place to find cheap but fashionable clothes are in Pratunam! I'm a believer, lol. Near Baiyoke Suite and Indra Hotel. 6-8am and 6-9pm are the best times to visit since there are a lot of sellers then. Sidewalk vendors lang kasi and they are allowed to sell on the streets during those times.

I want to visit Chatuchak soon! Hated the malls. Meron naman dito sa Pilipinas ng mga stores na andun. And I'm a cheapskate. Haha.

ysarte

• Twisted Sunshine ♥
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »
^
^
^
Thanks for the detailed info! :)
Mura talaga hanap ko sa Bangkok since we have Rustan's naman dito.

lizlikes

• your daily fashion fix
    • Liz Likes
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 01:43:54 pm »
ysarte: When visiting temples, wearing pants will do. :) Iwas sa short skirts at shorts.

When I was in Bangkok, my friends and I never rode a tuktuk nor a taxi. Most malls are walking distance from our hotel so we just walked and walked. Masakit sa paa pero for shopping, I'll do anything. Lol!

I heard that Patpong and Suam Lum night markets are expensive. Presyong turista talaga.

The best place to find cheap but fashionable clothes are in Pratunam! I'm a believer, lol. Near Baiyoke Suite and Indra Hotel. 6-8am and 6-9pm are the best times to visit since there are a lot of sellers then. Sidewalk vendors lang kasi and they are allowed to sell on the streets during those times.

I want to visit Chatuchak soon! Hated the malls. Meron naman dito sa Pilipinas ng mga stores na andun. And I'm a cheapskate. Haha.

yes pratunam market is a nice place to shop and if you buy in bulk they give more discount, same in chatuchak =) and yes the patpong night market is quite expensive, they are selling thai shirts for 750B!

anneG

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »
i agree mahal price ng items sa Suam Lum & Patpong kasi tourist ang hinahabol nila dun kaya avoid buying stuff in these place.
Pratunam is the best place to shop yun lang nga most of the sizes are small-medium, atleast buying 3pcs is counted as wholesale sa kanila. I missed Chatuchak, since 3D/2N lang kami dun we weren't able to look for this place.
yung tuktuk nila taga rin maningil, never kami sumakay..nag taxi kami once ok naman yung experience..more on walking na lang kami para safe.

makeupfrenzy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 09:19:16 pm »
actually it depends on what you want to buy...

mura rin sa bkk yung branded items kapag onsale better yung choices kesa pinas and cheaper din. pero dapat matyaga kang maghanap.

for non branded stuff like clothes, bags, shoes and accessories. I suggest you go to platinum kasi mura talaga dun, plus aircon pa. para syang 168.

try to go to chatuchak weekend market. it's a good place to buy souvenirs.

mahal talaga sa suan lum.

Sa Tesco, maraming magandang clothes, a bit more expensive sa clothes sa mga tiangge pero at least you can fit it. Hindi kasi pumapayag yung mga vendors na magfit ng clothes sa mga tiangge at sa platinum at sa mbk.

Maraming sale, parating may sale sa mga mall. Just look around and you'll find something.

for thai street food, dun ka nalang pumunta sa mga 'street food' section ng mga grocery. They have stalls that sell those kinds of food. Kung maselan kayo sa mga ganung food, pero if you're adventurous dun na na kayo bumili sa street para mas mura hehe.

Mura din dun ang mga makeup lalo na ang maybelline at loreal ang laki ng price difference, except mga eyeliner (pencil, liquid at gel) wag ka nalang bumili dun kasi masmura yung mga nasa pinas tsaka ok rin naman yung quality ng nichido at everbilina eh.

hindi ako sure kung yung mga pinost ko ngayon pareho lang ng mga pinost ko before sorry kung may naulit hindi ko na kasi matandaan yung dati kong pinost.

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • To God be the Glory!!!
    • Blog
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 07:17:48 pm »
Ask ko lang po if anyone of you knows how far is Platinum and Chatuchak from The Palazzo Hotel, kasi from our itin sa Suam Lum Night Bazaar kami pupunta, kaso nga mahal gusto ko sa Platinum and Chatuchak mag-shopping. Thanks in advance.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2010, 11:38:37 am »
Malaki ba price difference ng items sa platinum at 168 sa atin?
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

DomesticGoddess

• Probationary
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 05:29:27 pm »
Mga sis, Platinum Mall is the best for shopping talaga.  And while you're there, you cross the overpass (I think it's at the end of the 2nd floor) to get to another building called Krung Tung (or something like that).  I'm not sure if I got the name right, pero yun yung building na nasa dulo ng walkway na yun.  Marami ding fashion finds dun na slightly mas mura kesa Platinum.  Usually kasi sa Pratunam, mas nakakamura pag wholesale shopping so maganda rin kapag may kasamang friends so you can get the wholesale price.  Ang wholesale naman nila is 3 pcs. lang naman.

At, pag napagod mag shopping, try Swensen's ice cream!  Lahat ng mga bisita ko dito sa Bangkok dinadala ko sa Swensen's. :)

beautywhite

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I love Japan... Bihaku!!!
    • Japan Beauty Products
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 12:56:49 pm »

Malayo po ang Platinum to Chatuchak but don't worry,there is a train station nearby ,so you will end up going down in Chatuchak.Sa Chatuchak masarap mamili,if you have enough cash,you can have your own boutique na.From clothes,bags,shoes,sandals meron.Cosmetics also.

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:43 am »
may i butt in?
my friend and i plan to go to bangkok for clothes and bags to resell....question, what company or courier can you recommend that can handle a size of a balikbayan box? kasi diba ang allowed lang sa airport is 20kls? tia

roycechoco

• Probationary
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2010, 01:00:38 pm »
hi! joining in... loved shopping in chatuchak, pratunam market and platinum mall. i find patpong market expensive. too bad was not able to visit suam lum night market.
Suan Lum Market is nothing, Sis. Mahal and nakakainis mamili kasi mainit and konti lang makikita mo. Ang hirap pang kumuha ng taxi dun. Don't feel bad about going there, maiinis ka lang. :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close