Author Topic: Dermatologist Guide Thread 13- Dermas pretending to be patients, stay away!  (Read 236922 times)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
So I've noticed thread 12 is full and locked so I made this one in hopes of knowing what my fellow patients' regimen are from their respective dermas and their evaluation of their effectivity.

looking forward to your sharing! :)

foreverblue1

• Life is what we make it.
Hi sisses! Need some opinions from you. My fiancĂ© has really deep acne scars and open pores. Can you recommend any over the counter medicines or if wala namang effective na mabibili sa malls, can you recommend a derma who can help him? Our wedding will be in January 2014 na. Medyo nagmamadali na kami to improve his skin. TIA!  :)

loball

• Senior GirlTalker
^For really deep acne scars, I think he should see a derma. Maybe our other sisses could recommend one since hindi ko pa na-experience magpa-treat ng deep acne scars.

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
@foreverblue1, sorry pero even dermas cannot guarantee instant cure sa skin problems. But there can be "improvements" gradually...better to go to a derma talaga :)

raven12

• GirlTalker
Hi! I just had my first UA LHR, would you know when I can have my underarms peeled?
And I have bacne and bacne marks, ok lang ba magpa peel ng back even if I have active pimples?
Do dermatologists have rules sa mga ganito?

gurlygirltoo

• Certified Beauty Addict
  • GirlTalker
  • Always be yourself.
    • Confessions of A Beauty Addict
@ sis raven12: I finished all the needed sessions of UA LHR before my derma did whitening treatments on my underarms. She said that it's counterproductive to whiten the underarms while you still would be undergoing LHR in the future since after each LHR session, your underarms would darken pa. Regarding peeling for bacne, my derma recommended some peels that can be done even though you still have active acne like glyco peel and nano peel. Just ask your derma about it. Hope this helps.  :)

hersmart4ever

• Filmmaker, Life Coach, Tarot Reader, Businesswoman
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Psychic, Palm Reader, Tarot Reader & Paranormal Investigator
May mga organic creams na pwedeng gamitin to heal acne. I suggest organic kasi they will not leave chemical residue on the skin, na madalas, nag ko cause lalo ng bigger pores. May mga food din na dapat iwasan kasi may friend ako na grabe ang acne pero pag umiiwas siya sa malalansa and oily na foods, nawawala yung acne niya.
My Wish is the Command of the Universe

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
@ sis raven12: I finished all the needed sessions of UA LHR before my derma did whitening treatments on my underarms. She said that it's counterproductive to whiten the underarms while you still would be undergoing LHR in the future since after each LHR session, your underarms would darken pa. Regarding peeling for bacne, my derma recommended some peels that can be done even though you still have active acne like glyco peel and nano peel. Just ask your derma about it. Hope this helps.  :)

Sinong derma mo? I also want to have my underarms whitened eh. How much charge ng derma mo? thanks!

raven12

• GirlTalker
Sis gurlygirltoo, thank you for your help. :)

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
anyone suffering from open pores? Anong usual na binibigay na soution dito ng dermas nio?

gurlygirltoo

• Certified Beauty Addict
  • GirlTalker
  • Always be yourself.
    • Confessions of A Beauty Addict
My brother had open pores together with acne scars and he underwent series of peels, then had fractional laser and fractional needling. He now has way better skin, pores are smaller and the acne scars very much improved. Right now he's using pore refining toner given by our derma.

deity17

• GirlTalker
might undergo frac n roll later sa flawless. nagpa glycolic peel ako last week sakanila, wala masyado effect

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
I noticed that Dr. Corcoran has been heavily promoted.  So went to her clinic for LHR removal because of the promo.  I wasn't happy with the results.  Parang walang nangyari, no shedding at all.  & she also asked me to buy a post laser lotion which costs 600 pesos.  Like the LHR, it was also useless.  Para lang cetaphil.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Ladies, please take note of the warning on the thread title. No advertising and soliciting please! Any form of insistent advertising and/or soliciting of a particular dermatologist's services will earn an automatic sanction.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
I hope Corderm would respect my opinion.  It is very obvious that this thread has been compromised.  It  just bothers me that after i posted my unpleasant experience, i would get a message from them, not here on GT but on my FB.  They made an effort to find my identity.  It's just creepy that they would do that :(

loball

• Senior GirlTalker
^Very common yang ganyang gawain sis. Sa laser hair removal thread matindi din ang promotion/advertising ng mga kunyaring patients.

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
^ I discovered Dra. Leah Martires through GT.  I'm a happy & satisfied patient of Dr. Martires.  But i am open to trying other clinics, kaya i went to Corderm.  Forums such as GT is a great resource.  Kaya i thought of posting my experience here.  Dun ko na lang napansin na parang may nagha-hype sa Corderm when i saw the past posts even in other threads.... I'll just stick to Dra. Martires na talaga :) .  In terms of price, service & machine used mas ok talaga kay Dra. Leah.

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
sa mga patient ni dra. leah and doc 6F
magkano po spanish peel or tca peel?

and ano ba mas maganda?
first time ko kasi.. and I wont be able to visit often
kaya gusto ko yung medyo matagal na balikan hehe

help naman please
thanks

vanity fair

• Senior GirlTalker
^ I think Dra. Leah Martires charges 1k for DP & TCA.  500 pesos kung TCA or DP lang yata.  Just let her know kung gaano kakapal na peeling ang gusto mo.  Kapag wala naman akong lakad for the week, pinapakapalan ko... Spanish peel is just TCA na makapal... Her rates are reasonable.  I just can't remember exactly how much she charges kasi minsan di na nya ako sinisingil pag nag papa-peel ako.  Madalas kasi whole body peeling ang pinapagawa ko, 5k, TCA & DP for the whole body.

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
^ ganun pala yun .. thanks sis

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close