Author Topic: Hair Care in PH  (Read 3061 times)

ttfc6393

• Probationary
Hair Care in PH
« on: December 29, 2018, 05:12:50 pm »
Hi, I just had a keratin treatment for my hair. It's the second time this year, and I've had dandruff again after not washing it for two days, which is required for the treatment to stay. Besides dandruff, I'm also experiencing hair fall, and from the stuff I've read, it can be due to the sebum build up in the scalp. I have no idea where to run to (online) regarding hair care advice for Philippine weather without encountering some sponsored post. :( Hope I could get some help with the following concerns:

1. For anyone else who has had keratin treatment, do you strictly follow the 2-day no-wash rule? Have you had problems post-keratin treatment?
2. Any tips for managing an oily scalp?
3. Tips for dandruff management?
4. Any recommended hair products? Preferably those that are easily available, but I'd love to know also the best ones and where to get them maybe (if not available locally)

Might pass on the keratin next time, apparently hair strands don't grow well from a scalp with dandruff. :( Maybe we can help each other out? :) Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:02:55 am by ttfc6393 »

janachen

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Hair Care in PH
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 06:58:31 pm »
Ako split ends talaga ang main problem ko. Dandruf naman depende sa shampoo ko, kaya ako paiba iba ang aking shampoo kasi pagnagstick ako sa isang brand ng shampoo at conditioner binabalakubak ako.

Anong natry mong remedy sa balakubak mo TS?

pollybrandt

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 12:11:55 pm »
I never have but wanted to years ago and my hairdresser refused saying it would be too harsh for my hair. I have long fine curly hair too and I just let it go natural. I shampoo and condition with products with minimum ingredients and then apply a drop of curly gel from Ouidad to minimize frizz as it dries naturally. No hair dryer used and no harsh chemicals. I also wash my hair every other day.

I wonder if the keratin treatments are less harsh now. In any case I try to minimize any chemicals on my hair due to all my sensitivities.

bea31

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 07:29:32 pm »
I tried jasons shampoo and conditioner, less hair fall and dandruff however super frizzy naman haha. Dunno what to do. Kaya lagi ako nakapony tail.

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:46:49 am »
My fave is shampoo bar from Lush.
Pag may dandruff head n shoulder but dont use it daily kasi nakaka dry.
I also use Batiste dry shampoo original/clean.

AlexaAlly

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 08:34:50 pm »
If you have an oily scalp and face, the cause of increased oiliness is usually the sensitivity of the sebaceous glands to androgens, namely dihydrotestosterone, which is genetically inherited. Too frequent washing, infrequent use of exfoliants for the scalp, the wrong shampoo - all this provokes the sebaceous glands to secrete more sebum. This leads to a "greasy" scalp in the evening after washing. In this case, it is worth preferring products from professional scalp care Olaplex duo 3 0.
In addition, dandruff often appears, and the hair begins to fall. This happens because the grease on the skin clogs the pores and does not allow nutrients and oxygen to flow to the bulbs.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close