Author Topic: DIY decorating/decluttering  (Read 11074 times)

Tatrix

• GirlTalker
DIY decorating/decluttering
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:09:46 pm »
Is there anyone here who does DIY in decorating your rooms? Pati na rin sana tips on how to declutter using DIY stuff.

I moved in a really small room but its hard to move my stuff around considering one side of the room has furnace and the other side is where the door is. I was thinking of getting rid of the bulky furnitures (cabinets etc) but I don't know what to replace them with to hold my things.

I love DIY so I prefer to do them myself. However, tips and tricks would be really help.

TIA

tomatostellar

• Super GirlTalker
Re: DIY decorating/decluttering
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:16 am »
I personally havent tried decorating my own room, pero mahilig ako manood sa YouTube ng mga channels na interior design ganon. Are you allowed magbutas sa wall? I notice they do a lot of wall-mounted shelves para ma utilize yung empty space sa wall; other storage din is yun mga upuan like ottoman/storage or pull out drawer under the bed.

Tatrix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:36:44 am »
^Yup sis allowed naman but wala kasi masyadong wall yung room ko, halos windows

mrsA

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 07:40:39 pm »
may alam ba kayo mga sis san mura magpaprint ng pictures into canvas? tapos nakafit sa wooden frame yung canvas. thanks

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:32:48 pm »
 TS, how is your room na?

I just moved to another house. One thing I've learned though is the lesser your stuff is, the better.  I'm giving away 2-3 boxes of my clothes bags and shoes :( But I Guess di ko rin naman kasi sila nagagamit, sayang lang din.
Another tip to diy is to look at magazines or Google for ideas. Then from there, Kung may idea ka na, shopping around what is available/not available. Then research din if functional/what works/not work for your lifestyle.

Not sure if there are other threads on decluttering... Naghahanap kasi ako ng ideas how to declutter kitchen tops --- washed dishes na ipa dry pa, so can't keep sa drawers but at the same time, ayoko ng dish rack din at magulo tingnan, plus we don't cook often so konti lang hugasan.

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:45:51 pm »
may alam ba kayo mga sis san mura magpaprint ng pictures into canvas? tapos nakafit sa wooden frame yung canvas. thanks

Wag ka magkakamaling magpagawa sa Brushstrokes dyan sa MOA. I'm not a satisfied customer. May portion ng printed canvass nila na kumalat ang color. Ang panget ng quality talaga.

wifey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 03:45:33 pm »

Sis check out cosign.ad sa instagram. Nageemail sila ng rates upon request.
Be still, and know that I am God -Psalm 46:10

realmofadreamer

• Junior GirlTalker
    • That Kid at Heart
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:27:05 am »
I am moving to a new house with my friends on February but the place is big so we have a lot of spaces to put our stuff. I'm not really sure I want to DIY anything except to decorate my space myself (instead of hiring an interior designer).

There will be two of use in one bedroom so Im thinking of getting a loft bed and use the bottom as my study/craft area (because I do a lot of crafting and I need a place to put my tools in organized way lol). Then we will be getting a dresser for both of us. The room comes with a walk in closet with big space so I don't think we will be needing to put anything (clothes) outside of that closet. We will also get a bookcase but we will put it in the living room to share for all of us. I think what I want to and could DIY are the curtains for my bed and for the windows.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
-Ernest Hemingway

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:16 pm »
I think the best way to declutter is to have a lot of organizers, like shelves or cabinets & drawers. You don't have to buy them, though. Back in our home in New Manila, my sister and I thought of making shelves for our books. We were in college at that time and we shared one bedroom, so we wanted to declutter and organize things to have more space. What we did was use leftover wood (from a previous home renovation project) and cut them into shelf-like boards. We then mounted and attached these boards to the wall after painting them blue. We lined them up on the wall, so we were able to mount around 6 boards. We spent very little - only for the paint and the nails & screws we used for mounting the boards.

angeleigh

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 01:27:36 pm »
I moved into my own place about a year ago. I designed my place on my own. No budget for an interior designer hehe. I read a lot of materials about it way before the move in. One thing that stuck in my mind is that I should choose theme and color/s for me to be guided when buying things for my place. I chose black, white, gray for base colors and apple green for my accent color. Okay siya kasi kapag may gusto akong gamit sa bahay and hindi terno sa mga colors na yan, then hindi ko siya bibilin kahit sooooobrraaang gusto ko yung furniture, Kaya namiminimize din yung gamit sa bahay. :)

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 04:39:07 pm »
On decorating, I keep to the color palette of the rooms and material (like wood kung wood). It feels more organized for me.

Kaya lang may recommendation to have different colors din good for the health di ko sure paano pa maybe just a few items of different colors?

On decluttering, I throw away things that aren't used for months. The rest, I utilize the cabinets we have.

caleeice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 11:49:42 pm »
I can relate sis! I'm also having ligt gray, black and white as base colors. I haven't fully decided on our accent colors, but I'm thinking of having hints of blush pink and gold. I don't buy stuff that doesn't fit our color scheme. Except for our wooden candelabra --- got it in black but mukhang malulunod sa base colors ko so I had it painted in white. Hehe! As for decluttering, I'm hoping that we get to throw/give away a lot of stuff that we no longer need before we go back to our house that's under construction now. Otherwise, magulo agad bahay kakalipat pa lang because of all the clutter. Hehe.

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:17 am »
On decorating, I keep to the color palette of the rooms and material (like wood kung wood). It feels more organized for me.

Kaya lang may recommendation to have different colors din good for the health di ko sure paano pa maybe just a few items of different colors?

On decluttering, I throw away things that aren't used for months. The rest, I utilize the cabinets we have.

I like your idea of using different colors! Yes, I think doing so gives off a positive vibe na good for our health. I saw an article that suggested several colors for drawing out good health vibes. Here are some of the suggested colors:

Purple - good for people with back pain, scoliosis, or hip dysplasia, or anything related to the skeletal system.

Brown - for diabetes, good digestion, and diseases associated with the reproductive organ.

Blue - for balancing sluggish or overactive thyroid gland; also good for hyperactive people.

Green - promotes growth, so not good for cancer patients; good for people with foot-related problems like athlete's foot and bunions; good for people with anemia; speeds up the healing of health problems that require cell production increase.

Yellow - for Alheimer's, depression, learning disabilities, better immune system and overall health.

Orange - good for digestion, bladder, and pelvis problems.

Red - for colds, sinusitis, muscular disorders, heart disease, chronic headaches, and eye-related probles (poor eyesight, glaucoma, or conjunctivitis).

White - good for people with cancer because it inhibits growth; also good for fighting off viral or bacterial infection, for the mouth, and for the respiratory system. Works better if combined with a few drops of red and brown.

You can choose the colors to use from this list. That way, you do not "overcolor" your room or home. :)

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »
It was actually chakra-based :) I'm thinking wall paintings na lang to have the other colors so as not to be too much of an eyesore if furniture of key home pieces yung ibang colors. My OCness is kicking in eh hehe ;D

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 10:59:43 pm »
It was actually chakra-based :) I'm thinking wall paintings na lang to have the other colors so as not to be too much of an eyesore if furniture of key home pieces yung ibang colors. My OCness is kicking in eh hehe ;D

Ah, ok. Chakra-based pala. So, some red, yellow, orange, pink, green, blue, violet, and white. Tama ba? hehe...Yes, I agree na the better idea is to go with wall paintings. At least you won't have to think about the whole house or room. Lagyan nalang ng accents ang walls. And, yeah, it will come out more organized - and syempre, mas magandang tingnan! OC ka rin pala, sis, like me. Well, may pagka-OC lang. Kaya, I understand why you would want the wall paintings instead. You'll be able to incorporate the colors you want without having to worry about cluttering what you just decluttered. hehe.

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 09:22:45 am »
Yes even your post to avoid or heal illnesses aligned din sa chakra ☺️

How about you sis? Are you putting other colors? Where?

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 10:52:01 pm »
Hi, sis j.adore! Na-busy ako sa Holy Week! hehe. Anyway, 'yung house namin is filled with shades of pink, green, and blue. Sa living room 'yung green and sa bedrooms 'yung blue. The exterior paint of our house is pink. Nag-iisang pink house dito sa subdivision namin. So far, this had worked well for us naman.

When we have the budget and time na for additional renovations, I plan to add some more colors. 'Yung sa isang room gusto kong palitan. It's blue kasi, but I want to change it to a very light yellow. Sa Dad ko kasi 'yung room, and I think yellow will do him a lot of good, especially since mag-isa lang siya sa room since my mom passed away 10 years ago. 'Yung sa amin ng husband ko, I plan to splash a very light purple (para bagay sa existing color na blue). :)

betsyness

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I'm not maintenance, I just have high standards
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 10:54:27 am »
our house is pretty small, and we have three kids. so it's quite a challenge for us. parang 70% ng things sa maga bata e. but i dispose regularly, like toys, clothes and other things for more space. I am also OC, kaya i teach teh kids to clean-up agad after they play.

For the toys, i got them trays and segregate by kind. mejo headache ang mga freebies from fastfood chains and kinder joy. i really discourage them to get those. pero type pa din nila e.

For clothes naman, we arrange them by kind, by color. mas madali sya imaintain.

It's also important to segregate garbage. i don't why but it's also my favorite part. :)
"Aside from the right outfit, one must learn to wear the right attitude." -bcladra

Shadow Angel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 10:25:11 am »
Eto isa sa pinagkakaabalahan ko ngayon. House decoration/styling binigyan ako ni hubby ng mga home style/decorations magazine. Ang dami ko natutunan dami namin naka list na plan para sa house.

iamklarisse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 01:29:26 pm »
^Great for you sis!

I also transferred last November to a tiny (or should I say, cozy) place. 18 sqm lang. One of the best furniture I had done was my murphy dining table and faux window. Helped a lot in making my space look bigger.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close