Author Topic: house plan  (Read 70549 times)

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: house plan
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »
Ladies, question please. Did your architects charge you VAT on top of their 10% fee?

AVIDGOLFER

• GUYTALKER....
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2015, 11:25:42 pm »
Ladies, question please. Did your architects charge you VAT on top of their 10% fee?

Guytalker
Yes in my case VAT was inclusive and 20% fee of the total amount not just 10%.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:51:47 pm by AVIDGOLFER »

archeamor

• Slave of Art and Design
    • archeamor.com
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »
Hi Everyone!

The standard design and construction rate (from 2010 and as of today) of residential dwellings ranges from 22K to 27K per square meter. Meaning for example if your lot is 80 sq.m., 70% of that lot can be covered or paved. So, if we’re rooting for a mid level design we can opt for 25K x 56sq m (the 70% of the total lot area) = Php1.4m (just for one floor). When I say standard, this already includes the design, supervision, labour, actual built house with electrical, plumbing and sanitary fixtures plus the finishes which are tiles, average type doors and windows, wall coverings, built in cabinets and the like.

If we only need design or blueprint, these vary according to your contract. Some architects offers a per sq. meter charge which would range from 2,000 to 5,000 according to your design requirements. Some offers per set or “pakyaw” usually 10-12% of the total construction cost (meaning the whole package from schematics, design, complete working drawings and estimate), project management is also charged differently, these may be according to how many times he or she is required to visit the site and check. But, I would suggest to get your architect to manage the construction since most of the time the contractors only do what’s convenient instead of following the design.

Terms of Payment:
20-30% upon signing of the contract
30-40% upon submission of schematics
30-50% upon submission and approval of the final design
You may also put in the contract that the remaining 10% will be given upon completion of the whole construction project so as to check if the design you paid was followed.

Please note that these are only the standard (usual) rates, there are also some that gives it at 30-50% less. Given that, let’s asses first if makakadiscount ba talaga tayo o may extra bonus problems na kasama.

I hope I was able to help 
archeamor.com

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2015, 02:43:20 pm »
Guytalker
Yes in my case VAT was inclusive and 20% fee of the total amount not just 10%.

Oh wow! Why so expensive? I was quoted only 10% of total construction cost just like what archeamor mentioned above. I'm just wondering about the VAT kasi that's another 12% (tama ba?)

Archeamor, sis any idea how much the charge for construction/project management? Just a ballpark figure will help. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:45:53 pm by mama squeak! »

archeamor

• archeamor.com
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:32 am »
Hi mama squeak!! :)

Yes there's VAT but that should only be 12% of the 10% and not 10%+12%=22%. Meaning if the architect charged you for 100K the total payment plus VAT will be 112K.

Not unless, your architect is also your contractor. Only the contractor can charge you the 12% VAT for the total construction cost not the architect.

And oh, please don't forget to ask for receipt.

Project Management is usually another 3% to 5% of the total const cost. So if it's design plus project management it will be 13% to 15% in total, that's one. Option 2 is you may have payment agreements per visit, that will range from 1,000 to 3,000 per visit. Just be sure to have a contract that he/she will be liable for any unfollowed design made by the contractor. Meaning it's the architect who's directly reporting and responsible to you and not the contractor. This way, your only talking to one person which is better.

PS: While the construction is on-going. Ask for a log book and check it daily. This will show all that's happening on the site even when you're not there. ie. Who are the laborers that are present, at what time they finished the bedroom wall and even the time of arrival of the architect and the contractor head it also shows your time of arrival and departure. :) I'm telling you this because all alterations on the approved design shall be signed by you. For example, they used blue paint instead of green or they used tiles instead of bricks even if it's already finished or even if it's approved by your architect if you don't like it and they doesn't have any document showing you approved it, you have ALL the rights to ask the architect to have it changed without any additional cost. You may even charge them for the delay.

I hope this helps :)
archeamor.com

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2015, 07:06:09 am »
^Thanks so much! Great advise too on the logbook. Hubby and I are still on the look out for an architect based in Bohol or Cebu. Hirap din maghanap since most of them are loaded with big projects (resorts).

AVIDGOLFER

• GUYTALKER....
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2015, 07:59:22 pm »
Hi mama squeak!! :)

Not unless, your architect is also your contractor. Only the contractor can charge you the 12% VAT for the total construction cost not the architect.

This is exactly in my case. He's the Architect and at the same time the contractor

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:30 pm »
Hello. Is it ok na kami ang mag-design ng gusto naming ipa-construct na house then we'll just seek the advice of a licensed engineer and have him/her sign it? May mga ideas kasi kami limited lang funds namin and right now but actually we will also be applying for the construction loan kaya kailangan ng building plan.

I read na pwede din kami lumapit sa city engineers sa munisipyo para magpapirma ng plan... is that right? Taga-Laguna kami (Biñan) baka may mare-refer kayo.

Thanks in advance.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.

archeamor

• archeamor.com
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:08 pm »
Hi swiTsuplada,

Yup, that's possible. though you have to know the proper setbacks according to city regulations, as well as the housing standards i.e. min. window opening, floor to ceiling height and etc. :)

Do you already have someone who's going to draft and do the cad files and blueprint for you?

archeamor
archeamor.com

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2015, 11:13:16 am »
Hello po. Thanks for the reply.

So far may mga kausap kami pero wala pa kaming napagdedesiyunan. How much ba usually fee ng nagda-draft?

archeamor

• archeamor.com
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:07 am »
Hi swiTsuplada,

It's usually  1000-2000 per sheet. So if you'll have 20 sheets it will range from Php20,000 to Php40,000.

archeamor.com

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:40 am »
I see. Thanks!

hyder0926

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:48 am »
am into tiny house plans and designs..

how much kaya un 557 sqft na house.. i love the modified whidbey house plan on tumbleweed website..

its barely 52 sqm.. may gagawa kaya na architect or contractor na ganito. puede kaya eto i-loan sa bank? i want the loft too for storage and additional bedroom for guests.

archeamor

• archeamor.com
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:45 am »
Hi hyder0926

yes, 52sq m is workable! Average construction cost here in the Philippines is 20,000 o 25,000 per sq m. That already includes materials and labor.
archeamor.com

hyder0926

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:39 pm »
Hi Sis Archeamor,

So that will be 1.3M for a 52sqm house.. will be the house ready for move in with standard finish? or with a better finish like wooden doors, wood flooring, granite counter tops, wood kitchen cabinets?

Thanks for your reply.

sleepy_grfld

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2015, 03:01:02 pm »
hi mga sis! can you recommend architect/engineer who can prepare house design/plan package? as in lahat na ng plans and documents needed for loan, building permit and construction. thanks!
Enjoying being a mother each and every day. Never thought that having a child brings this kind of bliss. :)

angelpat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2015, 04:17:58 am »
@sleepy_grfld
ilang square meter?  saan location?

sleepy_grfld

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2015, 11:44:24 am »
hi sis angelpat. we already found one. sa sulit lang. I hope legit naman. thanks!
Enjoying being a mother each and every day. Never thought that having a child brings this kind of bliss. :)

Pinklet

• GirlTalker
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2017, 09:59:40 am »
Hello mga sis..
Baka may kilala kayo na pede kami magpadesign with cost of billing materials and signature needed.. At kung magkano.

Balak ko kase magpadesign muna tapos magapply sa bank for loan. kaya lang yung highest loanable amount sana na bank ang pasukan namin kase ipapasok ko din sana sa contractor yun.
pano kaya..

futboler_dati

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Guy Talker
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:24 pm »
^ Hi nakahanap ka na ba ng magdedesign? I have a friend architect.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close