When you're too lazy to dress up on weekends, one fail-safe combo you can regularly turn to is black and denim! The easy pairing strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated and laid-back, and the great thing is you probably already have many blacks and denims in your closet. Try these combos below to look chic on your next weekend trip or brunch with the ladies:
1. Denim shorts will always be a good choice when lounging around.
Tuck in a black button-down shirt to dress it up!
TRY: Mosaic PH Ayva Top, P1,900, available in all Mosaic stores
2. This simple pairing can make you look sleek and put-together: A black tee with a pair of dark wash jeans.
Ground the all-black outfit with white sneakers or sandals to balance things out.
For a daintier look, try a black denim midi skirt:
3. Heading out of the city? Stay cozy during a long car ride in a black jumpsuit and a denim jacket.
What's nice is you won't have to worry about wrinkled clothing—black conceals creases!
TRY: Mosaic PH Jackie Jumpsuit, price available upon request, available online
4. This couldn't get any simpler: A pair of faded jeans contrasted with a plain black T-shirt.
5. A midi LBD makes it easy to move around. Top it off with a denim jacket for coverage.
TRY: Mango Bow Midi Dress, P3,995, available online
TRY: H&M Denim Jacket, P1,990, available online
6. You can't go wrong with tucking in a black long-sleeve turtleneck into a pair of skinny jeans.
Especially if you're driving off to somewhere slightly chilly like Tagaytay.
7. Black accessories like a leather pair of flats or belt will bring your outfit together.
TRY: Hue Manila Camila, P1,090, available online