It's so easy to conceal every single concern we have with makeup. But as we've learned from many celebrity makeup artists, one of the secrets to looking youthful is to cover less—and to be more strategic with makeup! Check out these helpful tricks below:
1. Avoid applying heavy cream concealers under the eyes to minimize creasing.
In Camille Co's latest Youtube entry, celebrity makeup artist Anthea Bueno explains that she only uses cream formulas [which are typically housed in pots] when concealing acne. "Those are less emollient and they have less oil in it so pag nilagay mo siya on a breakout or a spot, it wouldn't move... pero I don't recommend that for under eye kasi it'll crease."
2. Defining your eyes with a brown liner instead of black will create a softer, more natural look.
You won't even need to perfect a wing! Simply glide a brown eye pencil on your upper lash line to make your eyes appear bigger and brighter.
3. Sweeping some highlight on your cheekbones isn't the only way to make your skin look healthy and radiant—complete the look with hydrated, pink-stained puckers.
4. Apply your blush higher for an instant cheek lift.
As you age, the apples of your cheeks drop lower from the center of the face, so sweeping your blush a little above your cheeks will create a "lifted" appearance.
In an interview with Town and Country, Jenny Smith, NARS global makeup artist, advises: "A blush with a radiant finish will brighten any skin tone and give cheekbones a little lift."
5. On those days when you don't mind taking the extra steps to look dewy, blend a few dots of liquid highlighter on your cheekbones before applying the foundation to mimic that lit-from-within-glow.
6. Apply foundation on your T-zone (forehead, chin, and under-eye area) to brighten up the face without ending up with a cakey base, which only accentuates dry patches, fine lines.
This is a neat trick we learned from Myungsun Lee, the makeup artist who glammed up Blackpink for their Kill This Love music video (even Heart Evangelista swears by this!)