If there's a feature most women find intimidating to put makeup on, it's the eyes. Most of us are pretty confident when it comes to applying lipstick and blush, but eye shadow and liner? A bit too complicated for everyday wear. This is probably why a lot of ladies would rather amp up the prettiness with bright lippies—to free themselves from the cumbersome process of putting on eye makeup.
But eye makeup can be as easy as swiping on lipstick! Below are five straightforward steps to getting it right, plus our picks for products to try. Before you know it, you'll be dabbing and lining like a pro.
(First published in the November 2002 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines, Beauty Workbook section as "Line Up!;" photos by Ocs Alvarez; adapted for use in Female Network)
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Bloom, IN2IT, and Studio Makeup are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- DivaDerme is available at Purebeauty Serendra.
- Fanny Serrano is available at Watsons stores in Gateway, SM Fairview, Harrison, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, and SM North EDSA. You may check this directory for the complete list of outlets.
- Laura Mercier and Stila are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Makati, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Alabang Town Center, and Gateway.
- MAC is available at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- Maybelline and Wet n Wild are available at leading department stores and beauty stores nationwide.
- Natasha is available online at the official Natasha website. You may also check this directory for the branch nearest you.
- The Body Shop is available at Alabang Town Center, Eastwood Mall, Gateway, Glorietta, Greenhills Shopping Center, Greenbelt, Market! Market!, Power Plant Mall, Robinsons Place Ermita, SM City Marikina, Robinsons Galleria, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, SM North-The Block, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Sta Lucia, The Podium, Trinoma, Marquee Mall, SM City Baguio, Ayala Center Cebu, SM City Cebu, SM Cagayan de Oro, and SM City Davao.
For more beauty tutorials, click through to these galleries: