The Philippines is a known gold mine for great beauty ingredients. Our natural resources help us produce some of the healthiest skin care products out there, and our local beauty industry can definitely prove this. Amazing skin concoctions are never out of reach—here are some must-try products from our favorite proudly Pinoy brands!
1. Radioactive Mushrooms Urduja Perfume Balm, P500, shop.radioactivemushrooms.com
This divine perfume balm smells as fresh as can be thanks to ylang-ylang, lemongrass, and calamansi essential oils. We're also giving it plus points for being inspired by the legendary warrior princess!
2. Snoe Emu.thology, P699, TriNoma
Experience the healing effects of Australian emu oil with the antioxidant powers of turnip (singkamas).
3. In Her Element Nourish & Cleanse Balm, P595, Beautymnl
A dual-purpose balm that can either remove your makeup or moisturize dry areas. It's infused with coconut oil and beeswax, plus chocolate and vanilla oil for a whiff of pure goodness.
4. Zenutrients Solid VCO All Around Balm, P218, Beautymnl
A tub of pure coconut oil for all your beauty needs.
5. Pili Hand & Body Lotion, P390, pilibeauty.com
Pili nuts are not just delicious, they make for an amazing skin care ingredient, too! Pili oil nourishes the skin and helps repair our moisture barrier so skin stays resilient and moisturized.
6. Kala Milk Honey & Oats Milk Soap, P150, Beautymnl
Made from fresh carabao milk, this soap is infused with honey and oats to gently exfoliate the skin.
7. Human Nature Scented Cleansing Bar, P79.75, Beauty Bar
Here's another moisturizing soap that'll make your morning showers more refreshing. Each bar is made with sustainable, Filipino coconut oil to help support the local industry.
8. Ilog Maria Honey, Beeswax, & Propolis Lip Balm, P77, ilogmaria.com
In case you need a local alternative for the famous honey lip balm, this is it.
9. Messy Bessy The Little Doctor Balm, P125, SM North Edsa
Bring your favorite spa to your home with this handy healing balm. It fuses essential oils, menthol, and virgin coconut oil to create a recipe for headaches, insect bites, and more!
10. Messy Bessy Hand & Body Wash Ocean Rain, P220, Glorietta 2
This body wash has coconut-based cleansers and essential oils for a serious cleaning session. It's also free of sulfate, parabens, and colorants like most Messy Bessy products.
11. Oryspa Rice Bran Pore Minimizing Toner, P95, oryspa.com
In case you didn't know, rice bran skin care is a thing. This pore minimizing toner, for example, loads the skin with aloe juice and rice-based ingredients to hydrate and boost the skin's renewal process.
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.