Curling irons can be intimidating, but with a little practice and the right tips, even a complete novice can handle them. Here are a few things you can do with your curling iron to make the experience a little smoother.
1. If your aim is long-lasting waves, curl your hair close to the root.
2. For a loose wave, pull on the curl while its still warm. This loosens the curl into the shape you want.
3. For tight curls, hold the curling iron horizontally.
4. For loose curls, hold the iron vertically.
5. Curl hair AWAY from the face for some serious volume.
6. For tighter curls, keep your hair in a curled shape and pin it with a bobby pin as it cools.
Produced by Janey Aniban; Photography by RG Medestomas; Hairstyling by Ricky Diokno; Makeup by Claire Diokno; Model: April Tanhueco