Actress-TV host Ruffa Gutierrez said she wasn't interested in having a love life this year at her contract signing with VIVA on January 25, PEP.ph reports. "No love muna," she is quoted as saying.
She said that while many of her friends are hoping to fall in love in 2012, she'd rather hope for blessings in her career. "Ako ang sinasabi ko, 'Sana, no distractions for 2012.' (As for me, I say, 'I hope there are no distractions for 2012.') I don't want anyone in my life. I don't wanna fall in love. I want to be single, work, and be successful, which I already am."
When the members of the press expressed their skepticism over how she'd be able to stick to her statement, Ruffa mentioned she was leaving for Brazil and Argentina that night--and she'd be swearing off boys in both countries. "I'm more excited to see the Iguazu Falls [in Brazil]," she said.
As for Eduardo Puertas, the Brazilian man she was recently rumored to be with, Ruffa denied that he would be with her on her vacation. Asked if they were still together, Ruffa said he would be leaving the country this year. "Why focus on something na hindi naman pang-matagalan, di ba? I'd rather be alone than be with someone na hindi naman magtatagal."
In the meantime, Ruffa would like to focus on her career. Aside from her regular stints on Paparazzi and Talentadong Pinoy, she's got an upcoming movie with Gabby Concepcion.
Want to be single and happy like Ruffa? Check out these articles for tips:
- The Single Girl’s Guide to Getting Out of a Bad Date
- The Single Girl's Guide to Getting Over an Ex
- On Lonely People Having Poor Health: The Single Girl’s Guide to Fighting Loneliness
- The Single Girl’s Guide to Blind Dates
- The Single Girl's Guide to Going out Alone
For more on Ruffa, try these galleries and articles:
- Judy Ann Santos, Phil Younghusband, and More Share Their Christmas Messages for Their Fans!
- Yilmaz Bektas Wants Custody of Children with Ruffa Gutierrez
- 10 Things We Love about Ruffa Gutierrez
- Ruffa Gutierrez cries listening to domestic violence stories, recalls her own experience
- Ruffa Gutierrez, Marc Nelson, and More Speak Out Against Domestic Violence
- 5 Tips on Moving on from a Difficult Relationship from Ruffa Gutierrez
- Ruffa Gutierrez On Moving On After Abuse
(Photo courtesy of PEP.ph)