In an interview with Showbiz Inside Report, Divine Geronimo (or Mommy Divine), confessed that she did want her daughter, singer Sarah Geronimo, to find the right man eventually, PEP.ph reports.
"Sobra naming pinagpe-pray kay Lord na, this time, kung bibigyan siya talaga ng partner o boyfriend in the future, sana hindi showbiz (We're really praying to God that, this time, if He plans to give her a partner or boyfriend in the future, it won't be someone from showbiz)," she is quoted as saying. "Gusto naman namin na mentally, emotionally, ganun. Siyempre, financially, masusuportahan din ang anak ko. (We want a person who's mentally and emotionally ready, and of course, financially able to support my daughter.)"
She added that she wanted someone who would take care of Sarah. "Kahit wala na ako, wala na ang daddy mo, talagang magiging kampante kami na magiging maganda ang buhay n'yo dahil nakatagpo kayo ng matinong tao. Hindi kailangang guwapong-guwapo. (Even when I'm gone, even when your daddy's gone, we can rest assured that you're going to have a wonderful life because you've found a decent person. He doesn't have to be really handsome)," she would tell Sarah.
As for actor Gerald Anderson, who spent Valentine's Day with Sarah and the rest of the Geronimo family this year, Mommy Divine said, "Yung mga ligaw-ligaw, ligaw lang iyan, e. Ang magde-decide pa rin, yung anak ko. (Courting is just courting. My daughter is still the one who makes the decisions.)"
She did remind Sarah, however, to remember what her parents have taught her. "Sinasabi ko, 'Do not follow your heart.' Kailangan una sa lahat ang Diyos. Pangalawa, isip, yung isip mo gagamitin mo. Kasi minsan 'pag ito [puso] lang ang follow mo, most of the time magkakamali ka. Iiyak ka. (I tell her, 'Do not follow your heart.' You have to put God first. Then use your brain after. When you follow your heart, you'll make mistakes most of the time. You'll end up crying.)"
For more on Sarah Geronimo, check out these articles on FN:
- Sarah Geronimo and Gerald Anderson Deny Having a Secret Relationship
- Sarah Geronimo Admits to Receiving Tiffany Necklace from Gerald Anderson
- Gerald Anderson to Sarah Geronimo: "Don't be afraid to love again."
- Sarah Geronimo Agrees with KC Concepcion: "Hindi lahat nadadaan sa kilig."
- 10 Things We Love about Sarah Geronimo
- Sarah Geronimo reveals the real story behind her breakup with Rayver Cruz in YES! exclusive
- Lea Salonga and Sarah Geronimo to duet with Charice? + 25 Celebs We’d Like Charice to Sing With
- Filipina Divas: Over 20 Female Singers
- Sarah Geronimo admits “IDOL” has low ratings + 5 tips on coping with failure
- Cristine Reyes Posts Biting Tweets against "IDOL" + 5 Tips on How to Deal When Others Badmouth You
(Photos courtesy of PEP.ph)