The presidential sister announced her appointment on her current talk show, Kris TV, on October 11. She says she'd been waiting for 10 months for the UNHCR's decision, and she only found out her appointment was approved last week. "But I don't have the papers yet. Magmi-meeting kami next week with the United Nations representative," she is quoted as saying on PEP.ph. "What makes this appointment a big honor is that it's not just in the Philippines. Ako po ang magiging representative ng Asia. Ang American representative is Angelina Jolie."
Presidential political adviser Ronald Llamas, who attended the UNHCR meeting in Switzerland, says Kris was invited to be an ambassador by the current UNHCR chief, Antonio Guterres. "Iniimbitahan nila si Kris Aquino na maging ambassadress of goodwill nila sa Asia in the tradition of Angelina Jolie and Princess Diana (They invited Kris to become Ambassadress of Goodwill in Asia in the tradition of Angelina Jolie and Princess Diana)," he is quoted as saying on GMANews.tv.
He adds that President Benigno Aquino III has been invited to be a keynote speaker at UNHCR's 60th anniversary in December.
Kris Aquino isn't the only celebrity involved in an advocacy. Find out what other stars are doing in this gallery:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Want to read more articles about Kris Aquino? Check these out on FN:
- Kris Aquino Reveals New Home in YES! Magazine's September 2011 issue!
- Kris Aquino Leads YES’s Top 20 Endorsers List + Who's your fave female endorser?
- Kris Aquino Publicly Declares Her Support for the Reproductive Health Bill
- Kris Aquino on Love and Marriage: “Never again” + 5 Tips on Not Letting a Bad Breakup Make You Jaded
- Kris Aquino: "I'm gonna try to have simple wants and needs!" + 10 Tips for Simplifying Your Life
- 10 Relationship Lessons You Can Learn from Kris Aquino's Love Life in 2010
(Photo courtesy of PEP.ph)
Trending on Network