The 44-year-old mother of four is definitely a force to be reckoned with; she’s been making waves in her chosen industries since she first started modeling at the age of 14. She took a break from the catwalk to marry businessman Mon Gonzalez and start a family, during which she discovered and learned to market upon her talent for designing handmade jewelry. And this is just another venture that proves this woman doesn’t do things in half-measures—her designs are now carried in stores in the UK, France, Italy, and USA.
But as frenetic as her working life can be, Tweetie knows the wisdom of taking some “me” time. “Despite the many hats I wear, I still reserve a lot of time for myself, doing the things that will make me feel fulfilled, pushing myself in order (to achieve) personal growth,” she tells Women’s Health.
Tweetie also takes the time to keep fit, being a lifelong fitness buff. She balances her love for playing squash, a racket sport, with other modes of exercise. She tells Women’s Health: “I do core training on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for one hour, and I play squash on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for two hours each time. And I run if I still have time.”
STAYING HEALTHY FOR LIFE
When asked for tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, Tweetie offers these three nuggets of wisdom:
1. Get active as early in life as you can. Maintaining your good health and physique is easier as you get older than undoing the effect of bad habits.
2. For forty-somethings and beyond: Get your health tests done now!
3. Enjoy, love, and live life!
Want to learn more? For Tweetie’s tips on fashion and fitness and for insights into her busy lifestyle, pick up a copy of Women’s Health’s October 2011 issue, out on stands now!
Also in this issue:
- Hot Body Moves: Flatten Your Belly, Firm Your Butt, Tone Your Arms, Sculpt Lean Legs
- Healthy, Sexy Breasts: The Mammogram Could Save Your Life
- Eat This, Not That! 13 Calorie-Busting Tips to Practice Daily
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
(Photo by Toto Labrador)
Trending on Network