Kim Hyun Joong, leader of popular K-pop group SS501 and actor of Boys Over Flowers and Playful Kiss fame, is Sparkling Magazine's cover boy for October.
The star sat down with Sparkling when he was in Manila in August to promote The Face Shop and his new album, Break Down. During the interview, Hyun Joong talked about everything from music to sports to his favorite scent. Read on for some interesting tidbits about him from the interview.
1. HE WOULD TAKE HIS WIFE WITH HIM IF HE EVER GOT THE CHANCE TO VISIT ANOTHER PLANET.
"I want to go to space with my wife in the future," he told Sparkling when asked which people he would take with him if he could go to outerspace. "I have no specific planet in mind; I'd just like to see the earth from space."
2. HE PLAYS FOOTBALL WITH CELEBRITY TEAM FC MEN.
Hyun Joong loves the sport, and he plays with FC Men, a non-professional team with celebrity members. Among them are Kim Junsu of K-pop group JYJ and BEAST's Kikwang and Doojoon. "What I love about it is that it gets me active: you can do so many things while playing football, and it keeps you healthy."
3. HE USED TO PLAY BASS GUITAR IN HIGH SCHOOL--AND HE'D LOVE TO BE IN A BAND AGAIN.
"Maybe after five more years of singing and dancing, I can focus on having my own band and performing other genres of music."
To read Sparkling Magazine's interview with Hyun Joong and see pictures from his photo shoot and his stay in Manila, grab a copy of the magazine's October 2011 issue, out on stands now!
Also in this issue:
- Block B: The Hip-Hop Whiz Kids on the Loose (also on the double cover!)
- Rookie Roundup: A Pink, B1A4, Boyfriend, Co-Ed School, Dalmatian, F.CUZ, Rainbow, Teen Top, ZE:A, and More!
- Get the Look: Day to Night Beauty, Stylish Selca Tips, Etc.!