Hours before Metro Manila was placed under a "community lockdown", long-time couple Sarah Lahbati and Richard Gutierrez quietly tied the knot in a civil wedding ceremony. "I have you and it's enough. It's everything," wrote Sarah in a heartwarming post on Instagram.
With the rise of COVID-19 cases in the country, the couple made a difficult decision to postpone their church wedding, as they "do not want to put anyone at risk."
The ceremony may have not turned out the way they planned, but as Richard's brother Mond Gutierrez shared on his Instagram account, it became even "more meaningful."
Check out the lovely details of Sarah and Richard's civil wedding:
1. The couple's civil rites were witnessed by their respective families, including Richard's siblings, Mond Gutierrez and Ruffa Gutierrez.
2. Sarah Lahbati said "I Do" in an elegant white midi dress designed by Mark Bumgarner. The sheer, pleated skirt is beautiful.
Meanwhile, Richard Gutierrez looked dashing in a black-and-white suit by Joey Samson.
3. Hairstylist Paul Nebres styled the bride's hair in a clean and polished "mid bun" which matched her glowing minimal makeup look courtesy of Jelly Eugenio.
4. Pretty and practical! Sarah completed her bridal look with a delicate lily of the valley bouquet.
"I decided to make a lily of the valley bouquet that matches [Sarah's] simple but elegant Mark Bumgarner dress, and her classy aura," wrote event stylist Gideon Hermosa in one of his social media posts.
5. This gorgeous rose-covered wall by Gideon served as the backdrop at Sarah and Richard's simple civil ceremony.
6. After officially becoming Mr. and Mrs. Gutierrez, the couple took the party for an intimate gathering at Samba, a restaurant at Shangri-la at the Fort.
7. Teddy Manuel exquisitely decorated the intimate wedding reception with pastel-colored blooms.
Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Gutierrez!