In between ready-to-wear gowns and custom-made dresses, there is made-to-measure—and it's the perfect route for practical, budget-focused brides who still want to have the option to customize their dress without blowing their entire savings.
CocoMelody, a U.S.-based atelier known for offering affordable wedding gowns from various designers, has officially opened its doors in Manila. The bridal label was only accessible to Pinays online, but now that the global brand has its very own studio in Makati, local brides can try out and see the dresses up close before ordering them. "The biggest problem when shopping online is they're worried about the poor quality," explains Paul of CocoMelody Philippines. "Because we all have these sample dresses [in the studio], people get a sense of what they're going to receive."
The wedding dresses will be made to the bride's exact measurements, and more details can be added to the dress—so it's almost like getting a custom-made piece.
1. Highlight those curves with this body-hugging lace number.
TRY: Cocomelody Rosa, P29,864, available online
2. Think ball gowns will make you look shorter? The empire cut of this tulle gown creates the illusion of a longer bottom.
"A-line gowns [like this dress] are perfect for petite brides," adds Puey Quinones, an L.A.-based Filipino designer and the creative director of CocoMelody.
TRY: Cocomelody Mona, P27,141, available online
3. This one's a little over the budget but its delicate design is hard to miss: Lace, tulle, sequins and super-thin ribbon straps make up this dreamy wedding dress.
Take a look at its sweet low-back detail:
TRY: Cocomelody LD3932, P36,218, available online
4. A relaxed wedding dress is always a good idea when you're a beach- or garden-bound bride. We're loving the thigh-high slit!
TRY: Cocomelody Nimfa, P27,141, available online
5. If you're looking for a more conservative style, this gown's sheer Victorian-style sleeves allow just enough skin to peep through.
TRY: Cocomelody Zoe, P27,141, available online
6. The grey ribbon adds an elegant finishing touch to this understated ball gown.
TRY: Cocomelody CWZT15007 P35,311, available online
7. This high-low dress is both functional and dramatic, thanks to its long sheer train.
It's perfect for civil brides, too!
TRY: Cocomelody LD5357, P28,975, available online
8. How refreshing is this tulle gown in a soft grey hue?
TRY: Cocomelody Edith, P27,141, available online
Cocomelody's Manila studio is located at 208 Orbit St. Bel Air 2, Makati City. You can schedule an appointment here.