update_documents_after_marriage.jpgAfter you have become the new Mrs. Dream-Wife, you need to update your important personal documents like your SSS and driver's license. Don't know where to go and what to bring? Well, here are some simple guidelines!


In order to change your name and update your civil status in your SSS record, you will need to fill out the SSS E-4 form. You can acquire this form from your regional SSS office. You can also download this form together with the list of requirements at http://www.gov.ph/download/sss/e4.pdf.

• Driver's License

To report the change in your marital status in your driver's license, head to the Customer Service Counter of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) near you and request for a Driver's License Application Form. When you have accomplished this form, you need to present the following documents:

1. Current/Expired Driver's License card

2. Photocopy of Marriage Contract

3. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

For more details on this transaction, visit http://www.lto.gov.ph/proc9.html .

• BIR records

When you are going to update your basic information in your BIR records, fill out the BIR Form 2305 that may be acquired from your RDO branch. You can also download this form at ftp://ftp.bir.gov.ph/webadmin/forms/2305.pdf. When you have filled out this form, attach a copy of your marriage contract, and your record will be set to be duly updated. Keep in mind that this has to be dealt with within ten days after any change in your basic information has been done.

For tips on how to change other personal documents to reflect your married name, see the full article on Bridalbook.ph.

Get more wedding tips and inspirations from Bridalbook.ph!

(Photo source: sxc.hu)

Recommended Videos
Get the latest updates from Female Network
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Trending on Network

Latest Stories

Ian Veneracion Shares Why He Chooses to Remain Faithful to His Wife of 25 Years

“Madaling mambabae, kahit sino puwedeng mambabae. There’s nothing cool about it."

Jason Hernandez Reveals That He Cheated on Moira Dela Torre

"I believe that she deserved to know the truth rather than continue down a “peaceful” but dishonest path."
Load More Stories