Rather than coming up with a random amount to save each month, you can make things easier by breaking your budget cuts into smaller portions. If you can save a little bit—no matter how small it may seem—in each aspect of your life, you’ll be able to spend less money without feeling the burn.
Scroll through the gallery below for 16 ideas.
Want more tips for cutting costs and saving money? Check these out on FN:
- Be a Smart Shopper: 12 Supermarket Courtesy and Shopping Tips
- Tipid-Tipid Muna, Misis: 9 Tips for Saving More and Spending Less
- Tipid Tips: 23 Ways Families Can Be Thrifty
- 30 Tipid Tips for the Kitchen
- Tipid Tips: 10 Ways to Save a Lot of Money
- Tipid Tips: 20 Easy Things You Can Do to Give Yourself a Financial Makeover
Tipid Tips: 5 Luxuries You Can Live Without
- 4 Steps to Slashing Your Household Bills
- Cash Flow Control: 27 Things That Drain Your Wallet
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Features section as "Managing the Money Crisis" in September 2009; adapted for use on Female Network)