Photo source: sxc.hu; photo used for illustrative purposes only.
Contrary to the warnings you may have been told when you were young, masturbation is actually good for you. It is the safest kind of sex; it won’t get you pregnant, and because there are no bodily fluids exchanged, there is no danger of sexually transmitted infections.
According to this comprehensive article on Fox News, there are numerous benefits of masturbation for women, including:
- Building a resistance to yeast infections.
- Combating pre-menstrual tension and other physical conditions associated with their menstrual cycles, like cramps.
- Relieving painful menstruation by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region; reducing pelvic cramping and related backaches.
- Relieving chronic back pain and increasing threshold for pain.
For couples who masturbate on occasion or regularly, sex with yourself can:
- Be empowering, especially by helping you to feel better about your body, genitals and sexual response.
- Deliver some of your most intense orgasms ever, which you’ll now know how to recreate with that special someone!
- Increase your sexual awareness, giving you the opportunity to discover what turns you on--the sensations and movements that work best to give you the greatest of sexual gratification.
- Have the potential to enhance your sex life in general, boosting your sexual confidence and turning you into a better lover.
- Get you or your partner off the hook if neither is available or not in the mood.
So if solo lovin’ is so good for you, what could actually be wrong about it? Well, doing it wrong or unsafely. So before you take some time out to be with yourself, here are some useful things to remember.
Read these FN articles for more tips on getting in the mood: