The word "saway" is defined in the Tagalog-English Dictionary as an "act of prohibiting or forbidding." Pasaway would therefore have the connotation, rather than a definition, of someone seeking attention to be prohibited or reprimanded about a wide range of reasons. Check out the slide show below for some practical tips improving your children’s negative behavior.
For related articles, check out these links:
- Potty Mouth: 3 Reasons Your Child May Be Using Bad Words
- Parenthood Problems: How to Deal with 4 Discipline Scenarios
- 10 Essential House Rules for a Harmonious Family
- New Study: World Is Becoming More Corrupt + 5 Ways to Raise Children with Integrity
- How Christine Jacob Sandejas Keeps the Peace between Her Kids
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Good Family section as "Pasaway!" in March 2010; adapted for use in Female Network. Photo by roxinasz via sxc.hu.)