One way of knowing you've already moved on from a past relationship is if you can honestly say you're happy for your old flame when he gets a new girlfriend. It's a process that takes time, so don't be too hard on yourself when you find it difficult to deal when it happens to you.
If your ex is your friend, however, and you'd still like to keep in touch in the future, show that you're willing to take the next step and move on without bitterness by making friends with your ex-flame and his girlfriend.
Need advice to get you started? Scroll through the gallery below for five tips.
Want to read more tips to help you with breakups? Check these out on FN:
- Real Love vs. Love on the Rebound: 5 Indications He's a Breakup Blues Boyfriend
- The Single Girl's Guide to Getting Over an Ex
- 5 Damage Control Tips for When Your Ex Badmouths You
- How to Deal with Graduation Breakup Blues
- Why You're Glad Your Ex Is Your Ex
(Originally published as "Michelle Van Eimeren wishes Ogie and Regine the best + Befriending your ex and his new girl" on Female Network)
For updates on our newest features and ever-popular stories, add us on Facebook and Twitter!