As the song goes, “Breaking up is hard to do,” and once the painful process is finally over, you’re left wondering if you can ever open yourself up to love again in the future. If you were involved in a particularly agonizing breakup, you might even find yourself swearing off men and relationships entirely, not because you’re no longer interested in love, but because you don’t want to go through that kind of pain again.
If you’re recovering from a breakup and you’re in danger of losing your faith in relationships, check out these five tips to help you heal and prevent you from souring your view of love and relationships.
(Originally published as "Kris Aquino on Love and Marriage: “Never again” + 5 Tips on Not Letting a Bad Breakup Make You Jaded" by Belle Yambao on Female Network; all photos from He's Just Not That into You courtesy of New Line Cinema)
Want to read more breakup advice? Check these out on FN:
- Real Love vs. Love on the Rebound: 5 Indications He's a Breakup Blues Boyfriend
- The Single Girl's Guide to Getting Over an Ex
- 5 Damage Control Tips for When Your Ex Badmouths You
- How to Deal with Graduation Breakup Blues
- Why You're Glad Your Ex Is Your Ex
For updates on our newest features and ever-popular stories, add us on Facebook and Twitter!