Instead of making promises that require action, why not try promising an inaction that might work more efficiently. Use the word "don’t" to fulfill those promises you made and are about to make.
1. I don’t want us to stop being best friends.
No matter how long we've been boyfriend and girlfriend or husband and wife, I don't want us to lose our friendship. I want you to be able to tell me your problems and vice-versa.
2. I don’t want us to stop caring for each other.
Some couples eventually end up taking each other for granted, but let's not allow time or familiarity to destroy our relationship.
3. I don’t want to stop trying new things with you.
Whether it's traveling to a new place or trying out a new sport, let's do it together.
4. I don’t want to stop making you smile.
Some days are harder than others, but you can be sure that I'll try my best to turn your frown upside-down.
5. I don’t want to be the reason for your tears.
But if that's the case, I'll make it up to you.
6. I don’t want to make you upset every night.
Okay, we're not perfect. No one is. There will be times when I'll do or say something that'll make you want to tear your hair out, but I promise I won't do it every time.
7. I don’t want you to settle for less.
Let's always strive for bigger and better things... together.
8. I don’t want to keep making mistakes, even though I know I would.
I want to be a better person, a better girlfriend, a better wife.
9. I don’t want us to stop living in the moment.
Planning for the future is important, but so is cherishing the present.
10. I don’t want you to stop enjoying life when you’re with me.
You have your friends and I have mine. Don't think that you have to give them up because we're together.
11. I don’t want to lose you.
Always remember that, especially when we're in the middle of a nasty fight.
12. I don’t want to stop making you happy.
Just as I know you don't want to stop making me happy, too.
13. I don’t want you to get tired of me.
It happens to some couples, I know, but I hope it doesn't ever happen to us.
14. I don’t want you to ever feel alone.
When you feel like everyone's against you, know that I'll always have your back.
15. I don’t want you to suffer on your own.
Tell me your problems. Don't keep them to yourself. I'm your partner. I want to help.
16. I don’t want us to stop growing and maturing.
We're good where we are now, but that doesn't mean we should be content with what we have.
17. I don’t want you to look for happiness somewhere else.
Find your happiness with me.
18. I don’t need anyone else in my life, but you.
You're stuck with me! <3
19. I don’t want to wake up one morning with you gone by my side.
I want you to be the first person I see every day.
20. I don’t want to let you go.
And I hope I'll never be forced to.
PHOTO: Flickr Creative Commons/Rowena of the Rants