A woman's body speaks volumes about her life. The way she holds it upright, the scars acquired through the years, the habits she's formed that have transformed it into what it is now—all these reveal her story. And regardless of the amount of abuse and difficulties she puts it through, her body will always find a way to recuperate and bounce back from any challenges she puts it through.
From how it can endure hours on the dance floor (in high heels, at that!) to how it can carry another living being for nine months, there's much we need to thank our bodies for. To get you on the right path to body love, here are inspiring words from four different women: a ballerina, a thriathlete, a rock climber, and a jazz and belly dancer. Hear their stories and allow them to help you appreciate your bodies too.
Learn to love your body! Here are more articles to inspire:
- 10 Ways to Love Your Body
- Ban "Fat Talk" This Week and Every Week! 5 Tips to Shush Your Inner Fat Critic
- Get Your Sexy On: 5 Tips for Bringing Out Your Sensual Side
- Making Your Program Work: 5 Tips on Sticking to Your Workout Routine
- Get Your Pre-Baby Body Back: 10 Tips on Losing Those Pregnancy Pounds
- 10 Fun Ways to Get Fit in the New Year
- All About You: 10 Ways to Love Yourself
(First published in the April 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines, Your Body section as "Body Language;" photos by Pat Dy; adapted for use in Female Network)