Although presentation isn’t everything, dressing the part
plays an important role in making a good first impression
during a job interview
. FN gives you some pointers for dressing for success.
1. Dress not just to look good, but to look good for the job
. Give the casual clothes a rest and invest in corporate wear.
2. When in doubt, overdress instead of underdress
. Go with a conservative and professional look to fit in with the corporate setting:
- Go with solid colors for your outfit like blacks, whites, neutrals and pastels.
- Keep your hair neat and simple, and your makeup neutral.
- Wear neutral makeup and don’t overdo the perfume.
- Keep your nails clean or get a manicure.
3. Come prepared.
Here are a few items you should have in your purse:
- Updated resume
- Tissue or a handkerchief
- Comb and hair tie
- Safety pin
For more tips and details on power dressing, read Tricia Fernandez
’s article, “Dress for Success: How to Pick an Outfit for Your Job Interview
.”(Photo source: sxc.hu)