Having trouble squeezing all your travel essentials into your tiny suitcase? Forget your travel dilemma with FN’s list of tips.
- Make a list—and check it twice. Put in clothes that work for your destination’s weather and make sure to avoid last-minute packing.
- Pack the essentials. Use travel-sized containers for your toiletries and other necessities.
- Learn to bundle wrap.
- Think of your baggage as puzzle pieces you put together. Stuff socks into your shoes and undies into your bra cups. Also, leave item packaging and boxes behind.
- Accessorize. For clothes, only bring the basics and bring a lot of accessories for mixing and matching. They take up less space while keeping you fashionable.
- The hard way works too—if you really need more space, bring out your inner Hulk Hogan and try some wrestling moves on your bag. It will free up more space.
- Learn what items to eliminate from your luggage. If the hotel you’re staying at will have towels, then there’s no need to bring them.
- Pack a bag in your bag—if all else fails, bring a foldable bag for extra items and save yourself from excess baggage fees.
For more details, read Kristine Ching’s article, “How to Pack Your Suitcase Efficiently
.” (Photo source: sxc.hu)