Author Topic: Trying To Conceive Thread 20  (Read 5361 times)

iloveonso

Re: Trying To Conceive Thread 20
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:40 am »
Congrats sa mga sisses na nag-bfp! Sis ask ko lang kung meron ba nag vlog sa inyo ng ttc journey? Im into watching ttc vlogs, nakakainspire lang manood. Mas lalo nakakalakas ng loob. Hoping na next tayo naman ang bfp. Baby dust to all.
~ Follow your ♥ , never surrender your dreams. Always believe in yourself and let God do the rest. ~

books_mags

• GirlTalker
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2017, 03:29:24 am »
hi sis Chili, ask ko lang, was harvesting painful?
The doctors in the clinic we go to are encouraging us to try IVF but i am really scared kasi invasive procedure daw.  I also feel we haven't exhausted other options and last option namin talaga yung IVF.  I did one round of IUI but i had a miscarriage after 2.5 weeks.

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • His missus since 091215 :)
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2017, 06:06:01 am »
^have you tried taking APAS test na din to be sure sis?
30% Analyst, 70% housewife |100% bipolar :D

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:22 am »
Books_mags: I am sorry about your losong the baby :(

For pain during harvest...On a scale of 1-10, Id say the pain is a 6, and the crampy feeling you get after is a 3. Most pain ive ever felt was a C-section and that was a 9/10 for me.

Don't worry it isnt intolerable :)

books_mags

• GirlTalker
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2017, 03:25:09 am »
^i think i am not ready for IVF kasi nakikita ko the girls in the clinic after harvesting na they are in pain and they have a hard time walking out of the clinic.  Also, i am so scared of the stimulating medicine.

i did 2 rounds of stimulation.  The first was when I had a miscarriage and the 2nd time was horrible for me.  With like 14 relatively big follicles and more growing, it is painful when i sit and i was almost positive for OHSS.  I really wasn't expecting it to be that way and I feel na it could have been preventable if they monitored the follicle growth and adjusted the dosage of the meds.  The doctors already gave me OHSS medicine and I was given instructions to go direct to ER once i start showing more symptoms.  That was the point my doctor wanted to increase pa the dosage of the meds to make the follicles grow pa and then do the harvesting na lang.    If not, I need to stop the medication and just wait for the follicles to go away.

One doctor told me na due to the high number of follicles, they can't proceed na with IUI but we can try on our own.  The other doctor said don't even try kasi too risky daw to have that much follicles.  After stopping the medicine and after 1 week, all the follicles are still there kahit dapat nag ovulate na ako.  Sabi nila it stopped growing and it didn't get released din kasi nagulo yung balance ng hormones in the body since I stopped the medicine.  So now I am in a waiting game, if the follicles don't disappear by next cycle, most likely daw it developed into cysts.  I've been crying for days after hearing this because I felt like I would have been better off without going to them.  I never had PCOS and now i am possibly carrying 14 cysts. 

janesjane

• GirlTalker
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2017, 10:20:29 am »
sis yung OHSS medicine same ba toh ng femara?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:24:10 pm by janesjane »

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:52 pm »
^^ Hugs to you books_mags!!! Nako, who is your doctor? You might want to move to another doctor to get an opinion.

Yes OHSS does happen which is one of the reasons why I went to Kato because they only do minimal stimulation and not conventional IVF.  Parang grabe naman the stimulation they did on your for an IUI for you to get OHSS. But it does happen even in the best clinics abroad.

As for your 14 possible cysts. Don't worry get a 2nd opition. Just to show you, I had 19 antral follicles before I started stimulation drugs. One very well known doctor said I had PCOS. But she misdiagnosed me bec 3 other doctors said I DONT have it.. Why? You need a minimum of 30 antral follicles to be considered PCOS along with other symptoms like excess hair growth, acne etc.

As for the pain of egg harvesting. Don't let that stop you. Yes it is painful, but it is NOTHING compared to the pain of labor during childbirth. I promise you will be up and about in 24 hours. I have a friend who even went to the mall right after, but  for me I'm maarte with pain so I rested the whole day,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:19:35 pm by Chili1113 »

books_mags

• GirlTalker
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2017, 12:19:02 am »
^thanks sis Chili.  i am in another country and can't easily switch doctors.  Need kasi ulit ng referral from a family doctor and baka paulit sa amin yung mga tests.  Even if we choose the clinic to go to, the doctors will be in rotation din, that's how they work here hindi tulad sa pinas na you can choose a specific doctor.  Nasa specialized reproductive clinic kami and it took me 1-2 months to get an appointment.

Right now we are in a waiting game pa, check next cycle if lumiit or nag shed na yung follicles.  Bawal daw i-stimulate agad kasi they might have a hard time telling which are the new follicles from the cyst if there are too many. 

Latest Stories

How Working and Living Alone Abroad at 30 Taught Me True Independence

Miela Sayo shares her experience of moving to a new country, overcoming culture shock, and making a new place her home.

Women Have Been Disappearing And Turning Up Dead In Zamboanga

Maria Clariz Faylona's murder is linked to five other young women who were found dead.
Load More Stories
Close