Author Topic: Suppliers Rating (Thread 5)  (Read 8935 times)

stella021817

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 5)
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2017, 02:55:06 pm »
Thank you @pinkmoscato and @kdramaholic!!

pinkmoscato

• GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »
^sis stella, how much ang price range ni Nikki Chatto and Knots & Strings?
I emailed Nikki several times already but no response pa rin. 2018 bride here :)

stella021817

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:02 am »
^Hi!  Yes, Nikki is a bit hard to contact (before you book). I'm not so sure what her range is.. but based on my experience (and what my friends paid also) she's about 350k and up. This was for large (500pax and up) weddings, though.

Knots and strings was 8K ceremony only. They can do your reception also, but I don't know the rate (i remember it was affordable also, though).

hunny88

• Probationary
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:31 pm »
I'll start with the not-so-good suppliers for me

Florist: Arleen Manlangit - Dangwa Florist 5/10

In fairness to this team, they gave an affordable rate to us during the bridal fair. However, what turned me off was 2 weeks before the wedding when we should be finalizing everything, she stood me out on our meeting. She told me that she can only meet me 8pm Sunday at their shop but still she didn't show up. An hour after, the assistants there were the ones who talked to me.  When I was calling her before the wedding she kept on telling me that mababa masiyado bigay namin sa inyo, it pisses me off kasi I'm not asking her to add anything at all and was just confirming what flowers will be used for the VIP table.  But I've learned to let those go.

My bouquet and the whole entourage's were beautiful. They did a good job on those except for the flower girls since we specifically said only white and pink flowers to fit our motif. The flowers were dark violet hahaha but I was able to let that go too.

But what I can't accept is flowers in our reception. They were really disappointing. :( The presidential table had candelabras with crystals hangging, some were putol like only 2 inches while others have long ones, 12 inches. The flowers were a mix of fuchsia, orange etc which were totally out of our motif (pink/white/gray pastel colors).  There were no low flower arrangement too which I even asked 2 days before the wedding to confirm.  In short, the table looked so cheap and bara-bara. For the 5 candelabras, there was 1 na totally different setting with the 4 others. nagmukhang tira sa ibang wedding lang.

The backdrop, I can forgive the design because it looked good on print but you know what? if you were there you'll see that the wall they used had weird graffiti, guests can see it because the cloth to cover it was thin and white.:(

The 36 guests table centerpieces were also a problem. Maybe it was too risky to ask them to do such design (3 vases per table of submerged flowers). Contract says, all 3 cylindrical of 3 different sizes. Surprise, there were square vases. I just hope they told us if they can't deliver it properly.

The following day, I cried because elders were bringing this up.  When I called her, she denied it. I was careful not to say anything bad and still be tactful at first. I just told her that the setup was not according to what we agreed on. She kept denying and insisting that the flowers were pink and white. While the hangging crystals na putol were design. I told her that how can I lie to you and why will I? I was there, I was the bride. I saw everything. At the end of it, I couldnt help it, kasi tinataasan pa ko ng boses so I told her na ang pangit ng gawa.

I will not recommend them to anyone! Lesson learned again, you get what you paid for. :( I hope this does not happen to anyone else. If you got them, please make sure to have everything written, every detail of it. And find a good coordinator too to check during the setup cause you wont be there to check already.

Prep Location: Crowne Plaza Ortigas 5/10

We booked a month before the wedding as advised by their front desk to get better rates.  We were also convinced to avail of their Priority Privilege Membership to have discounts. They confirmed that our wedding is not "a blocked off" date so we can avail of the vouchers.

A week before the wedding, they called us to say that there will be a convention and for us to keep our reservations, we should pay for the non-discounted rate or else we'll be bumped off.  This is so inconsiderate of them, it's a week before the wedding for crying out loud. More so, what's our "Priority Privilege" for? Of course, we got into an argument and was able to keep our reservations. But the 7 rooms we reserved were from different floors which made it difficult for us during the preps.  My principal sponsors who are in their 70s had a hard time going up and down to their rooms for the makeup and pictorial. It is embarassing since they travelled from the province and I wanted to make their stay as comfortable as possible. Also, our original request to have ajoining rooms for my sister and her childen were also not granted (this was requested a month before as well and they agreed).

OTD Coordinator: Dennis Gabriel 7/10
During the preps, he was okay. He gave tips and reminders. I understand that he is only OTD so I didnt expect much. During the day, medyo nastress ako sa kanya kasi he was late. He was maingay and stressed inside the prep area while I was having my pictorial. I can hear him say na naku pano na, may problema bla bla.. He also told the groom na Sincerity lang inorder ni bride for the crew meals which is parang out of the line? If he didnt like it, he could have told me. Besides it was rice, pansit, chicken and asado box. isn't that a heavy meal already? hehe the delivery guy also called me because my coord was not answering his phone :| At the church they were not able to line up the correct offerers. During reception, they didn't really help so much with the seating. According to my sisters in law, they just ask if groom side or bride side and ask the guest to look for their names on the list. What? =)) anyway, I still gave them a 7 because the person assigned to be with me was very maalaga and helpful all throughout the day. :)

The ones I can recommend:

Strings/Band: Madz and Dhzei 10/10
Affordable rate, very easy to talk to and most of all, Madz has a beautiful angelic voice. I got them for 15000 for church and reception. I never met them before the wedding but they delivered above from my expectations.

Host + Sound system: Max Tiu 10/10
Max is so hands on. During the early stages of the preps, I was always worried but after I met him, 50% of the worry was erased. He is detailed when it comes to the program. He would also give suggestions and advise.  The program was lively and the flow was good. He definitely knows what he is doing. Max is also accommodating, never mayabang even if he has already established his name.

Invitation: Global Invitations 8/10
Only delayed reply on emails thus delaying the process but overall they're okay. Maybe December din that time so very busy.

Church: Santuario de San Jose 10/10
Solemn and beautiful church :)

Reception: Gloria Maris Greenhills 10/10
Good food and accommodating staff.

Dresses: Elizabeth Hallie 9/10
Beautiful, classy design.  One thing to improve is the scheduling of fittings and completion. Medyo too tight schedule, dresses were completed 3 days before the wedding. But as I told everyone else. It was worth the wait. Nakakakaba lang for the bride but I felt beautiful in the dress. Ganda din all entourage gowns :)

Cake: Annlee's Kitchen 10/10
The cake was not only beautiful. It was delicious. It is a little pricey compared to other suppliers but it was worth it. All details I asked for were spot on.

HMUA: Glow by Gerly 10/10
I got her for 13,500. That's prenup with 3 looks + wedding day makeup with second look and unlimited touch ups + 2 moms. Super sulit, super bait and very talented!

PS Gifts: Everything Else Enterprise (FB) 10/10
Good quality, pulido and on time

P/V: Niceprint Photography 8/10
They did my prenup pictorial, save the date video plus the wedding itself. Great team, very nice people! Beautiful pictures and videos. :) 

Only problem was we were not able to use their freebie projector since we have another projector supplier for a bigger one. Nobody brought a splitter. I asked about this and they told me that it was my fault for not telling them that I have 1 more projector and di nila mahuhulaan na may isa pa. Well, I said we are not technical people so I didnt really know that it requires a splitter and i was only asking to check what happened, wala na magagawa and I already paid in full naman even before the wedding so why be rude?  Sana a little tact naman sa client relations nila. And also accept that they also had a miss on their part.. for me if you are offering something, you also ask your client and not assume na we know the technical setup, you volunteer the information too.

Projector: Dondie's 10/10

Mobile Photobooth: Photoman 10/10

Great service, nice layout and good quality photos.

*Though for me it is still good to have the classic photobooth with the backdrop and all to keep your guests busy before the program starts.

stars01

• GirlTalker
    • Life on the Flipside
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2017, 03:22:17 am »
Hello girls! Ang dami kong irereview pero wala akong oras. Just want to leave a quick review on Jana Nueca-Escudero who made my gown and my whole entourage.

I got to know Jana from an IG post that I saw and immediately talked to her via Viber. We clicked at once and I decided to travel from Las Pi?as City to Antipolo to meet her. Immediately decided to book her after seeing her gowns in production which I thought were of good quality. I got her for all my gown needs. She agreed to work on my budget which was not very big I must say. Anyway, that was around April or May 2016. I was to get married January 7, 2017. I was quite confident that she would finish my dresses way ahead of time. Everything went smoothly. She was very accommodating and responsive especially since I had a lot of requests during the time she needed to take my entourage's measurements. She even offered to make me gowns that I will be renting for my prenup at such very affordable prices. The gowns were fantastic! I knew I was in very good hands and even recommended her to a few other future brides.

Problems started to arise less that two months before my wedding. And needless to say, I got super stressed with her. She's very talented but she needs to work on her professionalism and her timeline. I feel that because she got a lot more orders than she expected, my gowns' production was pushed further to the point that the gowns almost did not make it in time. :(

1) The second fitting of my entourage was mid-December. We had rented a room at a hotel to gather everyone. Meeting was 3-5 pm. She told me that we can bring home some gowns already by then. She arrived 6:30 pm. She said sorry but I felt it lacked sincerity. Imagine one of my friends arrived 2:30 pm with her sister and her little boy in tow. :( Two of my entourage had to leave without fitting their gowns because they had previous engagements. Sadly none of the gowns were finished. One of my girls' dresses literally didn't have the whole back part sewn yet.

2) We agreed that she would show me the dyeing experiment she would make on the cloth we were to use for the flower girl gowns months before the wedding. I had been asking repeatedly for updates on them but she kept on giving excuses. Despite this I gave her my 100% trust and actually thought the experiment turned out to be good because she never sent me updates on it and it was just a 8 days before my wedding. When she was finally about to send me a photo, she told me that "papatuyuin lang daw muna niya yung tela". I was shocked. I thought she had dyed it way ahead of time. Imagine my surprise when I saw the dress. Instead of emerald green to nude ombre effect, it was a ghastly "lumot" green and it was nowhere near our pegs or even the quality of her other works. I asked her to make new ones. She promised she would deliver new FG gowns. The dresses she made... I'm sorry to say... looked like trash. It was literally pieces of cloth put together in an attempt to make a tutu dress. I was so disappointed because I know she can make beautiful gowns if only she had made them way in advance. Because of time constraints, the quality was sacrificed. We ended up asking someone else to make me FG gowns from scratch with just 4 days to go before the wedding because I couln't bear seeing the girls walk in those. :(

3) About half of the dresses she delivered needed repairs due to ill-fit, uneven length etc. An SS gown was so ill-fitting that her boobs will be exposed when she wears it. Would not have been a problem if she delivered them weeks before but she completed all her deliveries with just 3 days to go before my wedding. :( I didn't want to risk my girls not having anything to wear so we just asked them to have them altered on their own. :(

4) My gown was supposedly partially beaded. The beadwork looked unfinished and only a small part of the emroidery on my neck area had beadworks. The rest were very few stones she had glued on the dress. I was disappointed and really wanted to have more beadwork but I also didn't want to risk not having anything to wear since she gave it to me, along with the other deliverables on January 4 at 11 pm (yes, close to midnight!).

5) The requests that my MIL and mom made as adjustments to their gowns were not done. Literally, except for my mom's belt, all the rest were not done (adding snap-on buttons so that the bolero won't move too much, adjusting the chest area of my MIL's gown so it won't show too much cleavage etc.) The beading she promised she'll add on my mom's gown were not done. She told me the dress would look overkilled because of the fabric. I say, she just lacked enough time to do it because a month later, I saw a gown she made using the same fabric she used on my mom's gown with additional beadings. Akala ko ba ma-o-overkill?

6) Her calltime was 6 am. She arrived on the day of the wedding at around 7:30 to 8 am. My photographers couldn't take detail shots of the gown because the bodyform was with her. Worse, she did not apologize nor even said goodbye when she left for another wedding.

Jana knows I am super disappointed with her. She knows what she did to me was not fair at the very least. I was hoping it was an isolated incident but I received messages from her other brides who experienced worse (One bride's remaining gowns were delivered 2 pm for a 3 pm wedding!). She's very, very talented but I really do hope though that it doesn't go to waste with the kind of professionalism she has.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:30:51 am by stars01 »

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2017, 07:01:01 pm »
^sis stella, how much ang price range ni Nikki Chatto and Knots & Strings?
I emailed Nikki several times already but no response pa rin. 2018 bride here :)

You can try calling her up sis. Sumagot naman siya samin. She would ask for your pegs before she can give you quotation ata kasi ganun samin. And i think depende how big yung place ng recep niyo. She quoted us 300 to 350k for my peg

decibel28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:16 pm »
Hello stella021817 :) If I may ask, how much ang quote sayo ni Nikki Chatto and for how many guests? Is it for both church and reception including entourage flowers? Thank you! :)

Hi Carlyndj :) For Nikki Chatto's quote of Php300 to 350K based on your peg, is it only for reception styling and entourage flowers? And for many guests? Dipa kasama church/ceremony styling?

Thanks ladies! :) I'm asking kasi Nikki Chatto is really one of my top choices, kaso I'm really having a hard time contacting her.

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »
Hello stella021817 :) If I may ask, how much ang quote sayo ni Nikki Chatto and for how many guests? Is it for both church and reception including entourage flowers? Thank you! :)

Hi Carlyndj :) For Nikki Chatto's quote of Php300 to 350K based on your peg, is it only for reception styling and entourage flowers? And for many guests? Dipa kasama church/ceremony styling?

Thanks ladies! :) I'm asking kasi Nikki Chatto is really one of my top choices, kaso I'm really having a hard time contacting her.

I think she is tokyo now pero fiance called her up and aumagot naman agad. Recep and entourage na sis. For 300 guest na ata. Hindi pa finalize yung guest list namin pero more likely ganun. not yet sure if kasama church. Until now hindi ko pa nakikita yung contract.

decibel28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
Hi Carlyndj :) Did you received your updated quotation from Nikki Chatto? I just sent my follow up e-mail and I hope to receive her quotation anytime next week.

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2017, 09:00:11 pm »
Hi decibel28.we had a meeting with ms. Nikki yesterday. She qouted us 250-280k from 350k. Showed her my pegs and fiance told her our budget and she said she can work it out naman as i dont want super flowers for the reception. :)

decibel28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2017, 01:26:12 am »
Nice Carlyndj :) So nag agree na kayo on a certain amount? If I may ask, how much binigay niya for reception niyo na for 300 guests? And does it include your entourage flowers and ceremony styling? Thank you! :)

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2017, 09:16:47 am »
@decibel28
Yup ok na pero til now hindi parin naibigay ni tita nikki yung contract. Our budget is 200k lang talaga. Not sure kung hindi talaga kaya eh magdagdag si h2b ng another 50k. Sorry medyo makalimutin ako. Minsan kasi magulo din kausap si h2b hehe. Kasama na entourage din. Until now not yet sure pa din kung tataas yung guestlist so pwede tumaas pa ng konti. Not yet sure with the church because we have to ask the church daw muna kung papayag ba. Or if may nauna and then may next then she advised us to get the church nalang daw para hindi sayang.

decibel28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:32 pm »
Hi Carlyndj :)

Oh I see, hehe okay lang yan sa dami ng iniisip malamang confused na talaga tayo minsan sa details. Mejo madami pala kayong guest count. For us kasi 150 guests lang and ipapasama ko ceremony set up kasi Christian Wedding kami so kelangan talaga ng stylist for both ceremony and reception including na din entourage flowers.

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:20 pm »
Hello decibel28

We started at 200 lang pero maraming nakalimutan so tumataas siya. Lol. For chinese wedding that is small na daw. Nagulat nga coordinator kasi parang ang konti daw. We will be habing a post celeb din sa baguio a week after the wedding kaya nahayi yung guestlist. The manila side are mostly my guests. 😁 My fiance's dad wants to hold another one para hindi daw hassle sa mga other relatives and friends nila.

Ang nice naman. How i wish sa ceremony meron din pero yun nga sabi sayang lang daw kung pati sa church din. Hindi sila maka ingress and after that kung may kasunod din

decibel28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2017, 07:46:31 pm »
Oh I see, oo nga I've attended a few Chinese Weddings na din and nag dami ngang guests. Actually that's a good idea, para yung mga di makaka attend from his side then sa Baguio celebration niyo nalang sila pupunta.

Actually target nga namin is around 130 guests maximum pero di talaga kaya. Hehe ang hirap pala! Especially if you have lots of not just relatives, but really good friends na you consider as family :)

Carlyndj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2017, 07:59:04 pm »
Fiance and i dont want na sana the baguio celeb kasi it will be tiring for me especially. Will be travelling back and forth pa kasi for sure marami pa akong maiiwan dito pero yun talaga wish ng dad niya so go nalang.
True. Lalo na sa chinese wesdings ata lahat ng pwedeng invite ng family eh they will invite especially sa mga business. Hehe but i told my mom na ayoko. Unless super close niya. If we had stick sa 200pax lang then that would be my relatives and friends lang as in no relatives niya or friends😂

LilaFowler

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 05:53:06 pm »
After 1 month ready na ako to write the supplier reviews. I didn't want to write them earlier kasi baka masyado pa akong excite.

I will leave this here para if there are other brides that are getting married in Panglao or Bohol, they can refer to this. :)

Wedding coordinator: Maleth Zafra of After 5 Events
Rating: 5 out of 5

I can confidently say that reason our wedding was so successful is Maleth.

I am overseas bride and I am not from Bohol so it was very important for me to have someone in Bohol to help me with the planning.

From day 1, on our first meeting, Maleth was already prepared with a list of all the suppliers I will need, the cost for one premium supplier and cost for a budget supplier. At this point, I have not even committed to hiring her, she was already doing work for us.

She was very communicative and gave me regular updates. All our suppliers were recommended by her and all of them delivered and exceeded expectations.

Even our guests were impressed with her and her team. We provided transport for all the guests for the whole day. Her staff was made sure that no one is left behind and all the guests arrived on time for our wedding.

Wedding preps venue: South Palms Beach Resort
Rating: 4/5

The location cannot be beat. Five steps out of our front door we are in the pool, five steps out of the back door, we are on the beach.

The rooms are clean and nice but nothing fancy.

The staff is very accomodating. We had an issue with the air conditioning in the bridal suite and they sent technicians even engineers to try and fix the aircon. When they couldn't fix it, they brought in industrial fans to help cool the suite.

They were accommodating as well with suppliers. The food from the restaurant is very expensive and the official resort policy is that meals cannot be brought in. To accommodate us and our budget, they allowed food to be brought in as long as they are consumed privately (in the suite). I reduced by 1 point dahil sa non-working airconditioning. Na-stress ako because it was so hot that day and pinapawisan kaming lahat.

They also have a shuttle to/from Alona Beach so it's very convenient.

Reception venue and catering: South Palms Beach Resort
Rating: 5/5

Location: Definitely the best location for a wedding in Panglao. The beach and the sunset is something extra for guests to enjoy. A lot of guests have said that it is one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to.

The area that they use for the reception is far enough from the main area/restaurant so you have privacy for the event. But not too far so that your guests are inconvenienced.

Food: A bit of a background, my family is very hard to please when it comes to food. After every wedding, there is always a complaint and it is usually about food - either di masarap, malamig when they served it or kakaunti mukhang tinipid.

For our wedding, no complaints. The catering price is quite high pero definitely sulit. Everyone was commenting that the food was excellent and some guests even had take home. 😂

The only complaint I had is that there is too much food I didn't have time to eat everything. Good thing I ate a lot during the food tasting.

For the food tasting, the service is very personal. They will book a private dining room for you and the chef and your AE will sit with you while you try everything. They will note if anything needs adjustment (sweeter, saltier etc).

They are not gahaman when it comes to extra charges. At the end of the night we consumed 30 bottles instead of the 20 with free corkage and they didn't charge us additional corkage. They also didn't ask us to pay for the 2 additional guests that didn't RSVP.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close