Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: powerbooks or national bookstore  (Read 63559 times)

foxxylady

• I think, therefore I am.
  • Junior GirlTalker
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »
powerbooks! :)

pero.. totoo bang masmahal run kaysa sa NBS?

yup sis mas mahal nga ng konti sa powerbooks. Me naman kasi habit ko na na mag canvass muna ng price sa national then tsaka ako pupunta sa powerbooks. minsan mas mahal ng konti sa powerbooks pero mas maganda naman yung design ng cover nila or sometimes may choices pa ng design ng cover.

ah ganun ba sis.. kasi nung nalaman ko yun; medyo naging hesitant na ako pumasok ng powerbooks! i make it to a point na maghanap sa NBS. :P
Fashions fade, style is eternal.

malteesers

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i enjoy being a girl!
    • one love, one lifetime..
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »
uhm, let's put it this way. i go to powerbooks when i want to lounge and browse through the books that i've set my sights on. i love it here because it's more comfy, spacious and the sales attendants are unobtrusive. you can also make advance reservations for books that are new releases or are out of stock.

i go to national to buy the book/s that i have browsed from powerbooks for the simple reason that it's cheaper here. add the fact that i have a "laking national card" so buying means accumulating more points for future rebates.

however, for specialty books that take forever to get to nbs, i do not hesitate to purchase them from powerbooks.

bottomline...i love them both. :D
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so i love you because i know no other way than this,
where I does not exist, nor you..

- Pablo Neruda "Sonnet XVII"

tey

• im too blessed to be stressed
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • ilovebooks!!!!
    • http://i31.tinypic.com/2cie99v.jpg
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »

...national bookstore cheap kc don eh... ;D

crystal_gale

• Super GirlTalker
  • *certified kikay nurse*
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2006, 03:56:28 PM »
if i want to buy novels and im looking for a new release or hard to find titles then i'll go to powerbooks... mas madami kasi sila selection and ang ganda ng ambiance..and yah you can read  ;D

if i want to buy tagalog books or supplies then i'll just go to national coz it's more accessible for me  ;)

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
  • ich liebe meine tochter!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2006, 09:25:56 PM »
if money were no object, i'd go to powerbooks or even fully booked, because i love the ambience. my daughter and i could spend an entire afternoon browsing through books in these stores. i love that they have a wider selection of available books. bibliophile heaven talaga!

but for practical and sentimental reasons, i go to national bookstore. i could say i grew up with it kasi.

anyway, i have both the laking national card and the powercard:)

princessbratinella

• Dex's Princess
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Ukay Queen
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »
Powerbooks because of the ambience, yes. And they really have a good selection of books, plus the people are so accomodating, especially when you want to reserve books.

National Book Store has been more of selling textbooks in school. And that is just not my thing :)
I am Oprah's lost child; Anna Wintour's reincarnation and Kate's twin.

sweetie~pie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »
They both have the same owner but Powerbooks is really specialized in books although they do have higher prices compared to National's books. School supplies are more abundant in National but cheaper in Goodwill. Many books that can be found in Powerbooks can't be found in national. I love the fact that you can read the books in Powerbooks. The service is better too. staff are more knowledgable and more accomodating.
I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.

biatch

• GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
Eversince nagbukas ang Powerbooks sa RP, dun na ako madalas bumibili ng books instead of NBS. Kasi mas maraming selection ng books, tapos super okay ang staff nila. Like pag may gusto kang book, they get it for you. Unlike nga sa NBS, mga matataray ang mga staff. :D

Nabubulok na nga yung Laking National ko sa wallet eh! hehe.

charmie

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Just Let Go
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 05:10:24 PM »
mas expensive sa powerbooks than national, but i like powerbooks more [textspeak!] you can read for as long as you want and no one will bother you
Everything happens for a reason. Somehow, someday I'll find out why...

pinkskies

• Beach Child
  • Super GirlTalker
  • And it's brighter than sunshine. :)
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »
Cheaper in National, definitely. But the thing is, they only have mainstream literature, so I go to National mostly for school supplies lang.

Siyempre, the bookworm in me prefers Powerbooks; mas madaming choices, mas ok ang service, maganda ambience (lalo na the one in Greenbelt), you can actually sit and browse/read sa store, ayun. Books are more expensive though, so if meron naman sa National, dun na ko bibili. But most of the books I like aren't available sa National, sa Powerbooks lang talaga. So dun na ko. :)

Sorta OT: A Different Bookstore and Fully Booked are also good places to find books that aren't available elsewhere. More expensive though, pero ok narin. Wala elsewhere eh.  ::)

ket

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 02:29:17 AM »
Powerbooks, National, Fully Booked.. they're all the same to me.  Basta kung san available yung book na gusto ko, dun ako. Powerbooks kasi, may 10% discount. Sa National naman, there's Laking National card. So if available in both, kung san mas mura :-)

XrainbowheartsX

• Super GirlTalker
    • eXpReSs yOuR sOuL...
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 06:26:31 PM »
simple lang ::)
national bookstore{school supplies
powerbooks:novels ;D
thanks for being a part of my life ;)

www.xanga.com/xXxCaiT_CaiTxXx

poohtic

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »
kpag school or office supplies  sa National Bookstore..
kpag mga novels and stuffs.. Powerbooks  ;)

ais730

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Caffeine Queen, Flip Flops addict, Incubus groupie
    • snippets and snapshots
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 04:20:24 AM »
i like Powerbooks..more choices..nicer ambiance than National..fave ko din yung GB4 branch.. ;D
Make it happen

kikaykit

• Senior GirlTalker
    • mrskendz' beauty blog :)
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006, 01:11:04 PM »
same lang po. pero sa powerbooks you get membership card :)
saka mas masarap mamili sa powerbooks. ganda ng ambiance. :)

jdm1011

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Hakuna Matata
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 01:27:10 PM »
sa ambiance, Powerbooks is much better. one thing I like most in Powerbooks is that you can browse the book you want while sitting and even having coffee pa nga (greenbelt branch). :)

but if you're looking for school/office supplies, NBS pa rin syempre. kumbaga ang NBS kasi pang-masa na. :) hehe...

scrapbookjunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I am a potential grown-up.
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2006, 01:16:53 PM »
national for school supplies, powerbooks for hard-to-find books
Don't judge me by my relatives.

lauie

• *fashaholic addict*
    • FASHAHOLIC - a definite addiction
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »
for hard to find books powerbooks...people are more knowleadgable about books in this store
national bookstore is more of my supplies for office or school stuff...
I love...<br /><br />fashion<br />food<br />friends<br />family

yby2476

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 01:57:01 PM »
well, expensive sa powerbooks kasi it somehow caters sa mga medyo sosyal? di niyo napansin ang ambiance? hehe...although, same owners lang talaga sila...

loyjho

• GirlTalker
  • ..simply me..
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2006, 02:43:26 AM »
powerbooks yata.. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.