Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: FMCG Companies in the Philippines  (Read 11688 times)

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
FMCG Companies in the Philippines
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
hi sisses! i want to hear from those who have actually worked in an FMCG company. :) what can you say about the culture? the stress level? the benefits? etc.

we all know the big multinational FMCG companies: P&G, Unilever, and Nestle. the first two, in my opinion, are really cut-throat. i'm a very competitive person and i'm an achiever, but even i was not able to stay here because i can't imagine myself retiring in these companies due to the unhealthy stress level.

then there are also: Kraft, Hershey, Colgate Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, and Pepsi. how is it working in these companies? anybody want to share?

i also want to hear about the lesser-recognized FMCG companies in the Philippines: Kimberly Clark and General Mills.

how about the Filipino-owned FMCG companies such as Universal Robina Corp, Monde Nissin and Del Monte?

i thought about posting this new topic because i'm currently looking for an FMCG company where i would love to stay in and retire. we know that sometimes we join an FMCG company, then leave and join another. but in deciding which company you would want to retire in, you don't only consider the benefits, but mainly the company culture. i hope many Gtalkers would be able to share their experiences. :)

P.S. if you want to add on to the list above, please do so, because i also want to know what other FMCG companies there are in the Philippines. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:59:36 PM by meimei »
I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints. ― Maarten Schfer

stormy_princess

• A Supermom to a Superkid!
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: FMCG Companies in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »
i'm working in one of the company you mentioned above. I've been employed for 5.5yrs now. I am happy  with my job despite the low salary kasi masaya sa office and i developed deep camaraderie with my colleagues. Maluwag sa oras kahit na cut throat din ang stress. Ang benefits is so so lang compare sa iba. Much better pa ang bank benefits. Everything went well until we migrated to SAP system. Sobrang naging hassle ang transactions which already compromises customer needs and our own credibility na. And management though they are aware of it parang wala naman ginagawa to protect their customers. And now, i decided to resign and on process of job hunt. Hindi na kaya icompensate ng sahod ang stress at problema plus sama ng loob na binibigay sa akin ng work ko. If you want to know more about the company i am talking about, just pm me sis^_^
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:27:11 PM by stormy_princess »
If  we want to forgive and recover from hurts and wounds, we must not talk loosely about the problem or the person who caused it...If you want to get better, you cannot be bitter.” -Joyce Mayer

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »
^hay salamat may nag-reply na, hehe. :) sis, since you're also in the process of a job hunt, pag may mashe-share kang information about FMCG companies that are great to work in, pa-share ha (kahit PM). :)
I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints. ― Maarten Schfer

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
Similar din ba sa Asia Brewery and Splash Corporation?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Working in San Miguel Corporation is kumpare system and malala pa rin ang red tape.  The pay is really low because its the prestige of working for San Miguel. 

deta

• Tell me what you want what you really, really want
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
I recently applied in Monde Nissin. I must say the process was pretty fast. I got my job offer 2 weeks after the initial exam. I haven't signed the contract though since I still have to pass the pre-employment exam. Based on the job offer, mukha namang generous. The department who interviewed me also said that they value work-life balance. So, overall mukha namang okay.
"Tom, don't go! you're still my best friend!"

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
^medyo nalito naman ako dun. they gave you a job offer pending passing the pre-employment exam? di ba mauuna ang pre-employment exam sa contract-signing?

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »
^Hay, ganyan ako sa san miguel.  I was offered the job with signing ang everythig before my pre employment test.  Yung test is only formality.  Basta magustuhan ka sa interview ok ka na regardless of te result i guess.  Panay IQ test lang naman sha and essay normally

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »
^oh, okay... that's weird. hehe. i've been w/ two FMCG companies, pero they weren't like that.

anyway, waaaahhh!! i'm still jobhunting!!! sana magkaroon na ako ng job offer soon. i hope to stay w/in the industry pero hindi cutthroat/toxic na company.

deta

• Tell me what you want what you really, really want
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »
Ooopss... sorry. I was given a job offer but I have to pass pre-employment physical exam pa before I sign the contract. The IQ exam et. al. and the interviews were all done before the job offer.
"Tom, don't go! you're still my best friend!"

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »
^it's still unusual. i always sign the contract before the pre-employment physical exam. but of course, it is stipulated in the contract that it is conditional on passing the pre-employment medical exam.

beatrize zuri

• im getting better
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:03 AM »
^^ hi sis, saan ang office ng monde? and pa pm naman kung how much ang offer nila and the benefits, and the position na available. gusto ko sana itry para maiba naman ako ng line of work  ;D
That's the thing about pain, It demands to be felt.

lencute

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:31 PM »
I think their office is located in Makati

Princess_Chill

• Super Agent; Part time Broker & a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
oo nga sis pa pm naman iyong sa nissin monde...

nasusuka na talaga ako sa call center! huhuhu
To God be the Glory

ReservoirDogs

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
I used to work for Universal Robina Corp., almost 10 years ago. :)

Salary-wise, it's actually a bit on the low side; but you will definitely learn a lot, especially if you're planning to focus on a brand / marketing career path.

Work is 8 - 6:30pm from M-F.  Culture-wise, I really loved the people that I worked with.  People from brand department are usually newly college grads; mean age is around 25 years old. 

One of my officemates was recently granted an early retirement package.  Most of the people from other departments have been there for more than 10 years na.  However, mabilis ang turnover sa brand department.  Some of the people from brand department had transferred to other FCMGs that the TS mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:25:05 AM by ReservoirDogs »

geraldita03

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »
hi sissies! i've been absorbed in Asia Brewery just this week but contractual pa ako meaning 6 months probationary period. but we still don't have our orientation pa so di ko pa alam magkano sahod. how much po kaya yung sahod? :) i will be assigned as quality control sa laboratory. i'm a bit nervous and at the same time excited. i'll be posting soon! :)

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
I know people who have worked at P&G, Splash, San Miguel, and Johnson & Johnson.  Like you said sis meimei, cutthroat nga sa P&G, mahirap makasurvive dun if you're not super competitive and magaling, kailangan laging all systems go ka dun.

Yung sinabi ni sis xtine na may palakasan/padrino system sa San Miguel, yun din yung observation ng kakilala ko dun.  May pagka-old fashioned daw that way, yung tipong barkada ni ganito, anak ni ganyan, etc.

Yung friend ko na nagtrabaho sa Splash was stressed out nung nandun siya.  Di daw healthy ang environment, so umalis siya.

So far ang feedback na narereceive ko about Johnson & Johnson is may work-life balance daw dun, mas feel mo daw  yung camaraderie/family atmosphere dun.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.