Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 15 SEP 14
List down 10 things that make you happy and do them! It will boost your confidence and lessen stress.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vietnam (Thread 4)  (Read 17329 times)

Miss Charcoal

• Senior GirlTalker
Vietnam (Thread 4)
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »
Vietnam (Thread 3)

San maganda bumili ng TNF sa HCM? Authentic ba at magkano kaya?

Miss Charcoal

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Vietnam (Thread 4)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
Just got back from Vietnam.

Swerte namin kasi naabutan namin yung International Culinary Festival sa plaza malapit sa backpacker's district.

Nakakapagod sa loob ng Cu Chi tunnel, pinulikat pa tuloy father ko. Lol.

d_zialcita

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »
hi dears,

going to vietnam on january...

hanoi though...

how is the weather like on january?

any hotel recommendations?

any tips on what to see and where to go? very limited time because we are attending a wedding...

help!

thanks.

merchee

• I.T. girl and morenang
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
    ^hopefully, you could read this before you travel :D where in hanoi are you going to stay?

btw, here are some sites you could explore:

old quarter - for shopping! :D
hoan kiem lake - it's best to go here and jog or walk around the lake in the morning...watch as people do their morning exercises :) in the afternoon naman, merong mga nagpapa-prenup pics. ewan ko pero feeling ko sagana sa kasalan sa vietnam. When I was there...mga around 10 couples nakita ko na nagpapa-prenup.
Ngoc son temple - ]There's also a temple within the lake...20,000 dong ang entrance fee (around 40 pesos). don't expect too much though. maliit lang sha but it's an experience
There's also a church near hoan kiem lake...it's called st. joseph cathedral ( i guess). Sarado sya when we were there but I like the exterior though.
Hanoi opera house - i like staying at highlands coffee near the opera house. Feel like paris ang aura ng place. ang saya lang.

These places are quite magkakalapit. You can walk but it's a loooong walk. Take a tuktuk if you like :)

Army flag tower and museum - it was closed when I was there pero you can see the flag tower from outside.
Old citadel - there's an old citadel near the army flag tower. Until now, I don't what's it's real name. lol.
One pillar pagoda
Ho chi minh museum
Ho chi minh musoleum - mala-luneta/quirino grandstand ang itsura ng place.
Temple of literature - You may walk from ho chim musuem to temple of literature...but then again it's a long walk. There's also an entrance fee of 20 or 40 thousand dong. when you're going to ride a taxi or tuktuk...tell them to go to Van Mieu.

That's all I can remember....pag naalala ko pa yung iba...I'll post it here :)[/list]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:27:56 AM by merchee »
Give it time love...the fire feels divine. The sweetest things they burn before they shine...

Visit and follow my space that talks everything about women! :)

http://bestows.blogspot.com/

dreamfairy07

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
excited for february! i'll be there from feb 8-18 to celebrate the Tet holidays with my bf and his family.
sobrang namiss ko ang Bien Hoa and Dong Nai province. magbakasyon kami sa Nha Trang sa mismong Vietnamese New Year. :)

subzero

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
i miss vietnam Vinamilk =(

Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  ~Mark Twain

matetreyes

• Super GirlTalker
  • may nunal sa paa
    • Travelogues by Matet Garcia-Reyes
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »
has anyone been to Con Dao?
my travel  and food blog at http://www.matetreyes.com/

my beauty blog at http://beautystashandmore.blogspot.com/

sapphire_bella

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
mga how much budget to fully experience vietnam? pero yung budget friendly lang sana...thanks mga sisees

Trianna

• GirlTalker
  • i'll be the best mom ever!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »
hi! been to vietnam 2x for business and once for vacation. P30000 for 2 people is more than enough if you do the tours yourself, sarap ng food and mura lang. meron pang for shopping. :)

airfare (cebu pac promo): 9 thou (allow P1650/head  for the usual travel tax at terminal 3)

hotel: 1200/day on the average, but there are still cheaper ones; i've 2 good recommendations (anan2 hotel and mini-saigon hotel)

meals: ave per meal at sassa cafe in de tham, district 1 is P100-150/head
ave P200 at highly recommended nha hang ngon in pasteur
ave P50-100 in jollibee :) around 11 stores in ho chi minh
P150 at pho 24
P20-30 for banh mi
P500/day for meals is more than enough and provides you with the variety and culinary adventure you'd enjoy, there are also a lot of 24hour convenience stores in the tourist area for quick snacks

taxi: estimate P350 from airport to a district 1 de tham hotel; then P100 hoteltto shopping places like ben than and saigon square 2 (where both northface original and class a copies are sold, kipling bags/wallets all copies, crumpler);
CAUTION; take only Vinasun or Mailinh taxi anywhere. all other taxis are colorum, they either overcharge you or rob you

tours: independence palace, notre dame cathedral, post office, opera house which you all can do walking from one site to another; si independence palace lang may bayad, P40 lang ata yun;
their unique theme park is near dong nai, can give you instructions to commute
cu chi tunnel, a lot of tourist shops offer this

from ho chi minh, you can have a connecting tour to cambodia esp siem reap where angkor [textspeak!] is :)
but you need to free up 3 days for the combined land travel and tour

or take a local flight to da nang ($90 round trip) or nha trang. mura lang vietnam airlines and tour offices are accommodating and helpful. or take a countryside tour to can tho for only $20-25 overnight with simple accommodation and 2 meals :)

a.k.a. HELGA

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:39:56 PM »
Currently cramming for my Vietnam, Cambodia trip 2 weeks from now. Will be flying alone to HCMC and will be meeting friends on the third day pa. Tentative iti is to go straight to Muine and stay there for a night to see both white/red sand dunes. Plan ko sana is just to stay at the airport till morning and then travel na lang to Sintourist office to catch the morning bus heading to Muine. May nakagawa na ba sa inyo mga sis na magpalipas ng umaga in their airport? Is it safe? And also, how much will be the taxi rate airport to de tham street? TIA!
The Boy with the cornflower hair. Me beloved and my despair.

Trianna

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 05:14:00 AM »
P350 taxi from ho chi minh airport to de tham, take only the safe taxis vinasun or mailinh

SOFIEMAE

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
ok lang ba pumunta ng august sa Vietnam? TIA :)

pinkk

• Life's a beach, ride with the waves~
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7UaG03Zgg&feature=related
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 05:54:11 PM »
we are booked to stay at District 7 this coming May ( beau chose the area, though I would like closer to the hustle bustle areas,im fond of observing places,things and people)
Wondering if anyone on this forum has tried this place?
Quote the description;
"This stunning South Saigon apartment is an oasis of quiet, calm and style in a city full of chaos and noise. You'll be more than 20 floors above with million dollar river views just outside the balcony doors.
The apartment has been tastefully furnished with everything you need for a week or more in Ho Chi Minh City. You'll find all the amenities and conveniences you require for a comfortable stay - from wifi internet to a 32" flat screen TV, a full kitchen with gas cooker and all the accouterments needed to prepare delicious gourmet meals, and a vibrant green balcony garden with blooming orchids, banana flowers, fresh fragrant herbs and so much more.
• The apartment complex is full of cafes, restaurants, a pub with Western food and a modern supermarket with brands you'll recognize
• You'll have full access to a world class swimming pool and fitness center. Both are just a quick elevator ride down to ground level
• 24 hour secured parking is available as are taxis, city buses and motorbike taxis to take you anywhere you'd like to go
• Ben Thanh Market is just fifteen minutes by bus
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:58:54 PM by pinkk »

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
hi mga sis, may nakapunta na ba sa inyo sa DA NANG? anong pwedeng puntahan na mga tourist spot & san ok na resort? TIA ;)
Happy and Proud to be Mrs. MacKenzie =)

a.k.a. HELGA

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
P350 taxi from ho chi minh airport to de tham, take only the safe taxis vinasun or mailinh

Thanks Trianna. Im still torn on whether just to stay at the airport or book an accommodation for myself for the night. Still waiting for feedback from those who have tried staying at the airport.

^ Sis Rocky, my bestfriend was based in Da Nang for more than 3years. Based on her kwento and pictures in FB, mostly Da Nang is puno ng magagandang resorts, they are developing that area to be the next big thing pagdating sa resorts. Also, I saw them went to BaNa Hills, Marble Mountains at dun sa My Son (unesco heritage site)
The Boy with the cornflower hair. Me beloved and my despair.

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
^sis, thanks sa info. pwedeng pa-ask na rin sa friend mo kung anong ok na resort don. may mga na-search kasi ako kaso wala naman akong idea kung maganda ba location non since hindi pa ako nakakapunta ng vietnam. TIA ;D

Trianna

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »
sa tien thinh hotel kami nag stay somewhere in city center. try furama pag resort type accommodation you like, didnt sleep here but went to one of the resto bars for dinner. nice place and dami namin naabutan tourist bus na sumundo from airport, iba-ibang nationalities, both asians and europeans.
so i guess highly-rated sya.

try marble mountains. meron ding jollibee dun na ganda ng interiors and design at dvt (dragon vinh trung) mall. :)

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »
^noted sis, mukhang maganda nga furama. ;) yong beach don maganda din ba & comparable ba sya sa mga magagandang beach natin dito? :)

Trianna

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
i still love our beaches here, they're far better in terms of sand and water quality. the beachfront in da nang looks nice because of the state of the art, well-designed pools and facilities the high end resorts put up across the shoreline.

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
^i see, so hindi na lang ako mag-expect masyado para ma-appreciate ko rin yong kakaibang ganda nya. TIA ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.