Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 27 JUL 14
Give your car (and wallet) a rest and commute to work this week--it helps you get exercise too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Leaving my Job and starting over  (Read 2718 times)

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
Leaving my Job and starting over
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
I'm super sad about my situation. When I started working here, I felt like I was led to this office. This was my second job. I feel like I literally grew up here. From being a young newbie, I am now assistant manager. In the last 7 years, I have met and married by husband and now we have a baby. For a long time, I really felt like this was the workplace where I can grow old and retire. I was in it talaga for the long haul.

The problem started about 2 months ago. The head of this company, the super big boss, he started making advances towards me. He's not new ha. When I started working here, boss na sya talaga. Now he's the president. He's always been very aloof with his employees but he's also been very very nice to the people from my department. Favorite nya kami lahat. I never felt singled out. He's like a dad to us na. Which is why I feel very sad. Hindi ko alam if he's going through something but yun nga, he started making advances towards me. I'm sure im not misinterpreting it. He has tried to kiss me, he always texts and calls and says things that are inappropriate. I told my immediate superior who I trust completely. I think she called him out about it because the harassment stopped for a while but he just started the whole thing again. I keep trying to dodge him by busying myself with work, even skipping some days pretending to be sick so I can avoid him. As crazy as it is, I also don't want to have this thing come out for people to gossip about so I am also trying to keep this private. We both have solid reputations here and I really don't want to taint all the hard work I've done with something like this, as silly as it sounds. I think my only solution is to find a new job. I am terrified at this idea though as I have never had to search for options and I am scared about starting over. How tough is the market now and do you think I'm doing the right thing by just walking away? Sayang yung sweldo ko dito because I think I have a good package pa naman....
arf! arf! woof! woof!

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Leaving my Job and starting over
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »
Pwede siya kasuhan ng harassment ?
Also, matatanong mo ba siya directly why he started being like that towards you? Bring your trusted coworker during your talk. He might also have a different agenda.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

monbla

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Why don't you file a formal complaint via hr? This will solidify your case against the company should they fail to act on the harassment.

Baka naman you don't have to resign. Sadly, president siya, you said, and I assume in power to sabotage your career. However, if the company feels threatened that you will drag the company's name in an ugly harassment case, you might at least get a good separation package to tide you over the job hunting months.

If you've had a good 7 yrs naman like u said, you won't have much problem looking for a new job.

Not a legal person, but I hate when men get away with this kind of behavior just because they are in a powerful post and your job is hostaged.

Also sis, wag ka mahiya na malaman ng tao. Siya dapat ang mahiya. And if ever this goes to court, you'll need witnesses on your side. Better that people kniw you were harassed than they think you were having an affair with him.

Sana someone can give some more definite advice..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:57:57 PM by monbla »

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
yes i thought about that, filing a case. but when i spoke to my immediate superior, her first instinct was to shut me up and contain this info between us lang. I think she also told Mr. President kasi nga medyo tumigil sya for a week (to be fair, wala din sya sa Pilipinas nun for a meeting) and pagbalik nya, pinagalitan nya ako for talking about him. I got the feeling that I wont get the support of my superiors, parang tanggap na nila na ganyan talaga, I just have to swallow it and live with it. Given that, I really think I should just cut ties. Naghahanap lang ako ng trabaho ngayon. Sana may tumawag na sa akin, pero alam ko naman na mahirap ang timing ko at medyo malaki ang hihingin ko para at least equivalent ng nakukuha ko dito.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

monbla

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
Good luck to you, kaya mo yan.

Sa HR ka na mismo? If not, please bypass your supervisors. They sound like morons to me. Harassment should be seriously dealt with...
ayun nga lang, president, you say? So wala nang mas tataas sa kanya? Baka DOLE na yung next step mo but don't expect too much.

Good luck with the job hunt. But for me, don't make extra efforts to hide it. Dapat siya mahiya, not you.

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
oo nga eh. nakakainis talaga. sana iba na lang ang tinarget nya. someone who can at least buy into his daddy act. kahapon text ng text sa akin na bibilan nya daw ako ng christmas gift, kahit ano. EEEW. tapos pinagalitan ako dahil hindi ko sya nirereplyan.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 12:53:09 AM »
Does he own the company? If not, pwede sya matanggal as president. Also, ano ba ang marital status nya? Block mo nlng celnum nya.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

carmilina

• a psychotic registered nurse,admin work,bookjunkie,a sensitive
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ***Summer***
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 03:15:22 AM »
^correct ka dyan sis, pwede sya kasuhan , kasi ako na harrass na dati sa ospital na pinag tratrabuhan ko as a nurse, sinumbong ko un agad, binanta sya ng head namin na ipapa deport (Iranian/Arabian un lahi) kaya ayun, tumigil, kaso to the point na tine text pa ako, gulat ako kasi paano nya nakuha un number ko, as in andami dami pa sinasabi nun mokong na un,,,
---Woman empowerment, that's what my life is...---
***music/books/photography/soccer/travel/Spain/Pnay/Science/ ***  O.o

http://angelsundaylove.wordpress.com/

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
first time ko to experience something like this. grabe talaga. kung kelan ako nagkaasawa at anak. take note, wala pang 1 year old ang baby ko. hindi naman ako yung tipong pagiisipan na pumapatol sa matanda at naghahanap ng sugar daddy. i have a coworker who is also a very very close friend and i confided na sa kanya. sabi nya baka hindi lang sex ang habol nun dahil feeling boyfriend maka-asta.

anyway, i just got a promotion. i found out this week. it will be effective in mid-january. i honestly dont know how to feel about it. i worked for it naman, yes. but i also cant seem to be too happy about it.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

break_free

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »
If you're not comfortable sa HR (syempre), then you can file a case sis dole or nlrc (itry mo nalang sa dalawang yan), as long as may matinding evidence ka na hinaharass ka nga niya then baka mareprimand siya I'm sure matutulungan ka doon. Ngayon kung wala kang evidence talaga na bongga, I don't think papansinin ka. Hindi enough yung mga text messages - kelangan ma prove mo na yung mga texts eh galing sa kaniya. Heheh learned this sa experience ng friend ko. :)

If you want to keep your job pa rin, deadmahin mo nalang, magpalit ng number and then pag may event or sports activities ang company isama mo mag-ama mo. If not, mag resign ka look for another job.

I can somehow relate din kasi ganyan problem ko sa work, yung higher up bossing dun eh type ako. Pero eww hindi naman ako desperadang pumatol sa ganun. Kaya eto mag reresign na ako this March or April, wait ko nalang start ng 30-day ko. I've made a choice agad, okay lang sa akin na kahit ang ipalit kong job ay mas mababa ang sweldo, or magpaka alipin ako sa ibang bansa, pero at least hindi ako kinakabahang pumasok lagi, at walang manggugulo sa buhay ko.

miss resilient

• ..serving God, faithfully
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
let ER handle that, of course. sayang ang investment mo diyan na 7 yrs.

pero siguro ganun nga dumarating ang point na kahit ayaw mo kailangan mong umalis sa work mo na minahal mo na rin. sabi nila, if you love your job, your job will love you back. pero paano yung mga ganitong sitwasyon?

pero kung siya ang may ari ng company, no choice but to leave it. pray to God, ask Him to help you and He will provide :-)

it's not an easy situation..i've been there. ibang situation naman but like you ilang taon na rin ako sa company pero di na advisable and healthy mag stay  :(

good luck to your new endeavor.

klmagpayo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »
Yeah that's not right, it's always good to go to your company's ER, I'm sure they have a proper process for these things...

freelancer_babe

• I'm a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • The Lady Programmer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
Sa HR ka na mismo? If not, please bypass your supervisors. They sound like morons to me. Harassment should be seriously dealt with...
ayun nga lang, president, you say? So wala nang mas tataas sa kanya? Baka DOLE na yung next step mo but don't expect too much.

Your superiors are definitely NOT doing a good job.

I'd go with the advice of everyone here. File a case. HR, DOLE, wherever you can.

And of course, gather any solid evidence or proof. Witnesses.

You could also try posting your concern under Legal Concerns dito sa GT, so you can get more legal advices on this matter: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/board,51.0.html
Catch a man a fish and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »
it has been more than a year since the last post here. gusto ko lang sana mag-share ng update.

I decided to stay with this company inspite of the harassment. I just didn't have enough courage to leave. I applied once to another company but almost immediately, they sent me a note saying that they felt my qualifications were not right for the job that was open. on top of that, financially, I struggled for a bit which made jumping ship even more scary. anyway, a friend encouraged me to send my resume pa rin and true enough, I got a very very good offer about a month ago from another company. I had to really think about it kasi syempre, magsisimula ako ulit at another place. the good thing is, the salary is a bit more than what im getting here. makakaiwas pa ako sa mga boss na nangha-harass. praise God talaga.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »
With God, nothing is impossible

baliwsayo

• love love love
  • Super GirlTalker
  • The best camera is the one that's with you ;-)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
Kakatakot naman yan sis. So, what did you do dun sa nanghaharass sa yo habang nasa company ka pa?
Cause I'm happy...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.