What is lymphoma?
Lymphoma is a kind of malignant tumor originating from lymph node or other lymph organizations; currently there are nearly 70 pathological types, and it is mainly divided into the two categories: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
What are the causes of lymphoma?
1. Physical causes: the onset of lymphoma is related to irradiation absorption, large dose of irradiation urge the occurrence of human’s lymphoma;
2. Chemical causes: chemical carcinogen, like pesticide, hair dye and so on;
3. Immunity factor: immunity hypofunction, like AIDS, organ transplantation, rheumatoid arthritis and so on;
4. Hereditary factor: the occurrence of malignant tumors has obvious trend of family gathering, for example, brothers or sisters can successively or simultaneously suffer from malignant lymphoma;
5. Virus causes: viral infection, like HTLV, HIV, EB, etc.
Besides, long term acid body constitution is the well known cause for lymph canceration.
High risky group of lymphoma
According to concerned statistics, there is one new lymphoma case emerge every 9 minutes, in which the proportion of young adults between 20-40 years old is increasing. This is because lymph tissue of young adults are in active stage, the high sensitive of lymph tissue makes them easily become high risky group of lymphoma.
What are the clinical manifestations of lymphoma?
1. Getting fever without causes. Body temperature keeps among 38-40 ℃ for several days, after treatment, the condition shall be improved but often reoccur afterwards;
2. Lymph node enlargement. Lymph node enlargement usually occurs at the positions of neck, underneath geny or ear, sometimes may spreads to armpit or fold inguen; lymph node may develop from the size of soybean to that of jujube without pain;
3. Systemic symptoms: skin itchy, emaciation, night sweat, lassitude, anaemia.
What are conventional methods for diagnosing lymphoma?
1. Radioactive examination;
2. Bone marrow examination;
3. Lower extremity lymphography;
4. CT scan.
What are the treatment methods for lymphoma?
1. Surgery: the common surgeries are for gastrointestinal tract lymphoma, malignant lymphoma of genitourinary system, malignant lymphoma of spleen, and so on;
2. Chemotherapy: chemotherapy drugs can kill tumor cells that grow quickly and is the main method for treating lymphoma;
3. Radiotherapy: it apply high energy rays to irradiate tumor cells to achieve the purpose of killing tumor cells;
4. TCM: it can improve the overall immune defend function and alleviate certain side effects caused by chemotherapy, such as nausea, vomit and so on.
Experts of Modern Cancer Hospital Guangzhou point out that the treatment of lymphoma can not just rely on local treatment or a certain therapy, instead, it should combine surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, TCM and other multi-disciplinary therapies together as per patients’ specific condition so that achiever the best therapeutic effect.
Nursing of lymphoma
1. Encourage patients to actively cooperate with and receive treatments to enhance the confidence of fighting disease;
2. Enhance nutrition supply, eat more easily digested food rich in high protein, vitamins and improve immunity;
3. Suitably do some exercise and improve the physical constitution; when fever or other obvious symptoms caused by tumor invading other organ emerge, get some rest to prevent body consumption and protect the organism;
4. Keep skin clean and swab the body with warm water, especially protect the skin of radiotherapy exposed area to prevent the stimulus of sun solarization, antiseptics, soap imposed to the skin.