Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 APR 14
Research has shown that drinking an ice slushie before exercise can extend runner's endurance--by around 10 minutes, on average.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Breaking-in of new car  (Read 842 times)

xylene

• GirlTalker
Breaking-in of new car
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Hi mga sis...

I've been searching sa net yung proper way of breaking-in of new cars. Kinausap ko na rin yung service personnel sa casa sa proper way ng pag break in ng new car.

Gumaganda ba talaga ang performance ng kotse after ng break in based sa experience nyo?

:)

chiqmom

• on work clothes on...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • CONSTANT VIGILANCE
    • The Web Assistant
Re: Breaking-in of new car
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
breakin is within the first 1k km diba? sabi daw drive it like you stole it para mabilis ang car, sabi naman ng iba drive slow para tumagal. i dont know. may nabasa din ako online na myth lang ang breakin process kasi taking care of the car should be forever, not just on the first few kms. pero parang may nabasa ako sa manual about the proper use during the first 1km. like change gears often, ioff yung engine when not in use (during parking), etc.

yung akin i let my father drive the car most of the time during the breakin period kasi i'm a newbie driver.

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
ibyahe mo siya ng malayo talaga tapos yung road is hindi malubak para mabreak in ang car.
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥

yezzi

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I M POSSIBLE
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
what I know naman is may limit ang speed pag break-in, you cannot go all the way the main concern naman kasi is the oil must circulate properly in engine. After 1000km ipacheck ulit sa casa :)
love & get hurt, get hurt & learn, learn and love again :)

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
the usual 40-60kph first, then 80kph na steady, pag okay na pwede ng increase to 90 then 100kph or more but not exceeding 140k kase masisira ang transmission.
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
10 Ways to Wear Shorts in Your 30s
Why should twentysomethings have all the fun?
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!
5 Surprising Facts about Masturbation
There's more to it than the sex toys. No, really.