Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Daily Diary of TTC women IV  (Read 52351 times)

ladybunny_janet1272

• GirlTalker
Daily Diary of TTC women IV
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:08 AM »
Hi mga sis page 30 na kase yung old thread, here's the link to the old thread, I started thread 3 last June ang bilis natin umabot sa page 30.....hoping for your BFP mga sis, do your best and let God do the rest. Will always be here to help, let's continue to be a support\prayer group!!!!

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,262451.0.html
1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

raylet

• GirlTalker
Re: Daily Diary of TTC women IV
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »

Thanks sis ladybunny for preparing another thread for us. :)

Have a safe pregnancy!! :)
"Trusting that the Lord will bless us with our own little angels in His perfect time"

miloo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Started on the pill last night to prepare for our first IVF  :)
Excited and nervous at the same time!

Goodluck to all sisses here  :D

purpleangel11

• " FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"( Hebrews 11:1)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

Hi mga Sis..I'm here at the province na...bukas luwas na ulit..nakakwentuhan ko tita ko dito sa amin...naku..dami daw mga kababayan ko na ask kung me baby na ba daw...eh syempre ang nasabi na lang daw nia...naku wala pa..nag-iipon pa yata sila...pero may bahay naman na sila...eh ang sagot ng mga sawsawera..."naku bakit naman inuuna pa nila ang bahay kesa sa anak..." Cyempre ang sagot naman ng tita ko..niresbakan nia ng..".kayo nga eh..inuna nio mag-anak...tingnan nio naman mga buhay nio ngayon"...hehe..natawa naman ako  sa resbak ng tita ko...luv my tita...she supports me and advises us na magrelax lang daw kami mag asawa..and leave up and surrender all to the LORD!

CD 23...I'm on my two week waiting na...Ive ovulated na nga  siguro...maiinit na pakiramdam ko..

BABY WISHES TO COME TRUE TO ALL OF US!!!    :) :) :)
Nothing is impossible with GOD!.."I am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" ( Jeremiah 32: 26-27).. Praise the LORD now and forever! Amen!

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
^nakakarelate ako sis! Try and try lang kasi sani nga nila gawin mo everything in your power na magkababy and God will bless you after all the hardships...go go go lang tayo sis!
I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

Nakakatuwa naman Tita mo! Supportive sya...and I like yung resbak niya sa mga sawsawerang yan ha hahhahah!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:39:28 PM by mama squeak! »
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

Jeannef

• Now I'm a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
hi mga sis!

@purpleangel11 nakakatuwa naman tita mo. straight to the point hehe natigil siguro yung nagtanong at hindi na ulit magtatanong pa hehe

day 10 ko ngayon. tomorrow magpapacheck ako ng fallopian tube sa cardinal santos c/o dr. angela aguilar. sa mga nakaexperience masakit ba? okay lang ba yun day 11 ko na? pero checheck naman siguro ko nun ultrasound to check if nagovulate ako or hindi ano?

after nun magdecide na kami if magfertilitymeds muna... or IUI agad kasi sabi niya naabutan na daw yung pagcheck ng fallopian tube. dipa kasi namin narecheck if umokey na yung semen analysis ni hubby. pinapaulit niya sa carmi last end of sept. kaso yung carmi pala naiinis lang me kapag weekend sarado pati pala kapag holiday. gusto niya carmi eh.

ano sa tingin nyo mga sis? IUI na ba agad kami or try muna clomid ako.. tpos fm. nagoovulate naman ako minsan kasi PCOS ako. pero hindi ko lang alam if nagbuburst yun na lang problem ko. kasi nag-ffm naman kami before. sabi niya magbuburst naman most likely.

pero trytry namin sa victory art kasi open kapag sat. mahirap kasi magoff si hubby.

ask ko pala kapag ba 7.5 million sperms okay ba yun IUI? parang may nabasa ko dapat mas mataas dun para mas malaki chance mabuntis. gusto ko muna magimprove man lang si hubby.

pinapatake ko sya ng... vit c, vit e with selenium, b complex, revicon max, enduranz, zeman, gluta, zinc.

sana talaga umokey :(
Married last 05.07.2011, TTC since then

W: Retroverted, Bilateral PCOS (controlled),
     Both tubes patent, LAT Weak Reaction Code   
H:  Moderate Oligo astheno teratozoospermia

cycle of clomiphene (Ferticlo,Clomid,Ovamit)

ThinkPositive

• Faith, hope and love
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
hi, mga sisses. i just want to share my story and hopefully this could help bring inspiration and draw all of us closer to God with whom nothing is impossible. i already shared this in other threads but i also want to share this here. It's been months since I last posted here. I just want to share my experience and hopefully our sisses here and hopefully our sisses who are in similar situation could gain inspiration from my story.

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby since we got married in Oct 2010. After failed attempts of TTC naturally, we started to go on workup in Feb 2012. I tried other OBs but the last one I got was Dr. Annebelle Aherrera. Actually, I don't really know her, I was just desperate at that time to get pregnant ASAP since I wanted to conceive before I turn 30 in Oct 2012. So I was looking for an OB who does IUI so I called Makati Med operator to ask which OBs perform IUI. The person just referred me to Dr. Aherrera since she was the head of the OB dept in MMC and I was told to just ask her for referrals. So my husband and I went to her and since she herself does the procedure we stuck with her. I tried to research about her in the internet, not so much info but I found out that she's Tessa Prieto's OB in one of the blogs of Tessa's husband. When we met she seemed nice naman and very accommodating so we decided to continue with her even though her consultation fee is kinda high compared to other OBs in MMC. We just thought anyway we're just investing for our baby.

My husband's sperm count was not so high but the number is enough naman to fertilize. Nevertheless his uro doctor prescribed clomid to take daily for 2 months and see if sperm count increases (that's about P240 per day in two months straight). Doc gave me meds to regulate my period. I started to experience dysmenorrhea after taking those meds and I started to experience some brownish discharge before and after my mens. I was alarmed but she said that's really the effect of the meds. She said before we consider taking fertility pills and IUI, we should check first my fallopian tubes. She was pushing for hysterogram (HSG) which is very expensive. When I got my period that month we decided to proceed with HSG. She told me to prepare 15-18k for this. for that procedure alone she charged me P10k for PF. I think that was too expensive. anyway, it was a very painful procedure. she just sedated me (no anesthesia) but I still felt the excruciating pain when her hands were inside my vagina! she was not so gentle so I was a little turned off. more so, the result of HSG was even more painful:both my tubes were blocked. I asked her what can be done. Her answer was short - IVF. I cried when she told me. It was like telling me I'm hopeless. i was still lying on the bed when she tried to somehow console me and told me we will talk about it. After I manage to pay the hospital, go to the lab to test my specimen, and go to her clinic to pay the P10k PF (without receipt) - I was hoping we would talk a little so I waited but she didn't come out and I heard that she was just talking with some friend over the phone. Her sec. told me she couldn't see me. I was really turned off. After getting the result of my specimen from the lab I came back to her and the findings were I have polyps. She gave me meds again to take and she said if the polyp is still there when we do an ultrasound, we will do a "raspa". Regarding my fertility, the only thing that can be done is via IVF which is not guaranteed. She suggested to do it in Taiwan because it's cheaper and the success rate is higher compared to those being done here in Manila.

After that visit I never came back. I didn't take the meds she gave me. I didn't go back for any workup knowing that that's it -my tubes are blocked. IVF was way too expensive. I didn't know what to do, if I'll proceed with IVF or not. Note that one of my officemates was also having difficult TTC. I shared my problem with her and found out that mine was worse than hers because at least she only has 1 tube blocked, not both. Finally she decided to go through IVF last May at St. Lukes Global but it was not successful after all. I somehow took it as a sign not to proceed with IVF - althoug my in-laws were very supportive and were willing to support us financially in case we decide to proceed with IVF. But I'm really hesitant because of the high cost and the fact that success is not guaranteed.

I was so confused and in pain knowing that I couldn't conceive. I felt that there is no more reason to live since the only thing I ever wanted was to have a child. I felt that I hit rock bottom at that point of my life. I've been crying myself to sleep. I was bitter. I've been asking God "Why me?" when there are people who wouldn't care about having a child but they get to have one or even more. I've been asking why do these people have children but they don't deserve them, I deserve a child more than they do but why can't He give me. I didn't know how I could ever pull myself out of that situation.

Eventually, I found myself drawing closer to God in search of healing and direction in my life. I've been reading this book I bought in Philippine Christian Bookstore entitled "Tomorrow can be different". Slowly, I began to realize how much God has blessed me already even without a child. He spoke to me through this book and eventually my perspective has changed. I began to become thankful about every blessing God has given me even though I don't ask for it, I began to see how much God has given me without even asking, I began to realize that the life that He gave me alone is more than enough. I learned that we should not live as if God owes us something or that we live as if we are victims of this life but we should claim victory in Christ. Eventually, God made me realize that everything in life has a purpose and if I'm not designed to become a mother then God has a different purpose for me. It was then that I understood how it really is to surrender full control of your life to God, that He is not a genie who just grants wishes, that I could not control my life no matter how hard  I try because only He can do that. So for me not to feel bad when things don't go my way, I should just trust God that He has a plan for me and stop controlling my life on my own and instead surrender my all to God. Then, my prayer started changing from "Lord, please give me a child" to "Lord, your will be done." I realized that for most of us we just draw close to God when we ask Him for something. It's like we're doing good because we want to please God so He would grant our wishes and if we're bad then He will punish us. Oftentimes, we already planned our lives on our own and pray to God and ask Him to let all things go well according to our plan. It's like making our own plan and just asking God for His stamp of approval. But it's really not like that, I realized that. We should just trust Him completely that He has a plan and that is always for our good - no matter how good or bad our situation may seem - if we will just let Him weave his plan, we will see that everything has a purpose.

So there I have come to accept that God a special plan for me other than being a mother. I'm so thankful that He gave me a wonderful husband who loved me even more despite my incapacity of giving him a child. Since I found out about my problem, we just made love according to our feelings and not because we need to. I stopped the counting of days based on the fertility calendar since I was thinking I couldn't conceive anyway. Since then, our sex life has never been that great! It was really fun, pleasurable and enjoyable bonding time for us. We really made love because we wanted to and not because we ought to (to conceive) like before. I also stopped lifting my legs after sex which the doctor told me to do before since I have a retroverted uterus. I could just rest for a little while after the deed and wash up afterwards. It was really carefree and enjoyable sex for me and my husband.

I was never this happy my whole life and marriage life was never this great. I was already contented with everything knowing that God already blessed us so much, even without a child. We already accepted the fact that we will never be parents but that's ok as long as we're happy together in love. I just sought God's purpose for my life. In my heart, he gave me the verse "Be still, and know that I am God." so my prayer everyday is that His will be done in my life.

Last October 23 - 7 days before my 30th bday and our 2nd anniv, I found out I'm six wks and 4 days pregnant and I couldn't believe it. And our baby already has a heartbeat. It was indeed God's miracle. I didn't know how and when it happened but it did and God just showed that if we let Him take control and surrender our all to Him, He will do great and mighty things that we couldn't imagine. We still couldn't believe it but it's real. I'm now 8 wks and 2 days on the way. I just want to share with all TTC women to stop trying, and just surrender it to God and accept His plan for your life. The real joy doesn't come from finally having the child you wished for but it's knowing that you surrendered your life to God and realizing that following Him will yield fruits you never expected. May you find inspiration in this.

rogue0214

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
^sis think positive your story is really amazing. Have a healthy and happy pregnancy.  :)

mishka08

• Junior GirlTalker
    • The Journey
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
Hi sis,

HSG is basically okay, painless procedure. But I guess it will depend sa gagawa ng procedure. I had mine checked in SLGC - 2 years ago. Okay naman. Wala naman ako naramdaman.

If you are on CD10 sobrang lapit na with the ovulation period. And about IUI - mine was done 2x already with CARMI. Hindi ba stimulated ang ovulation mo? Kasi mas malaki ang chance ng stimulated ovulation sa IUI.

Actually maraming factors about sperms not only the count. Motility, morphology and liquefaction. On the date of the IUI mag sperm wash and they will give you the analysis report. Sabi ng OB and Nurse sa akin. Out of the millions we only need one. Ang important matatag and healthy ang sperms...

My husband before may prob sa count, a few years back his was like 3-4M lang. Actually the supplements your husband's were taking were the same as mine.  Then an OB friend of us advised that he should take spirulina. We bought supplements at Healthy Options (kasi organic) even the Vitamin E (if buying vitamin E buy with alpha d tocopherol and not alpha dl - dl kasi is the synthetic form). Now his count is lying around 73M pre-washing then 15M post washing. Pati motility nya na correct with the supplements.

Liquefaction probs drink flumucil like 5 consecutive days prior to IUI. And drink tons of water!

hehe sensya sis narration... Lol! But hope it helps!  :) baby dust and God bless everyone!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:38:05 PM by mama squeak! »

Jeannef

• Now I'm a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
@mishka08 thanks sa reply. yes cycle day 10 ko ngayon. tomorrow day 11 ko. iultrasound naman ata ko before the procedure? nabasa ko lang. tanong ko na din para sure kay ob. usually day 12-13 ako nagoovulate.

kakatapos lang ng 3 cycle of natural method pa lang with follicle monitoring. nagoovulate naman ako on my own kaso wala pa rin.
dati inexplain nya sa akin magHSG muna bago ko magfertilitymeds. clomid etc for 3 cycle. kapag wala daw IUI upto 6 cycles then IVF na.

dahil hindi ko naparecheck sperms ni hubby ang sabi ni ob ko after HSG, IUI na agad. wala na yung 3 cycle of clomid. nafastforward bigla. hindi ko alam if matutuwa ako or hindi. sabi niya yun nga naabutan daw yung pagcheck ng fallopian tube. siguro dahil kung magclomid ako tapos try on our own (lowcount and low morphology??? baka hindi okay) dapat ata sabay kami natreat ni hubby. kaya IUI na agad? napraning ako eh.

sis oligoteratozoospermia si hubby last july st lukes qc yung semen analysis. gusto ni ob ulitin sa carmi. problem ko lang sa schedule. bale sperm count at morphology problem niya. 1% lang sya. 4% ang passing sa reference value. liquefaction at motility wala sya problem. try ko check spirulina sis baka makatulong din sa amin.

thanks sis! God bless! :)
Married last 05.07.2011, TTC since then

W: Retroverted, Bilateral PCOS (controlled),
     Both tubes patent, LAT Weak Reaction Code   
H:  Moderate Oligo astheno teratozoospermia

cycle of clomiphene (Ferticlo,Clomid,Ovamit)

mishka08

• Junior GirlTalker
    • The Journey
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
Sis ni google ko si oligoteratozoospermia - hehe para maintindihan ko yung term. Kung sa count I know sa food, diet and supplements will help it.  Sabi din kasi ng mom ko sa akin yan before.  If count and count din lang daw suportahan lang daw ng nutritious foods.  Try chinese herbs.  Alam mo ba yung "sibut"? Ginagawan ko ng sibut soup ang hubby ko. Sabi din kasi ng mom in law ko it will help sa sperm count.  Nag work din naman.   ;D

If naman sa forms ng sperm.  ask him  to use boxers vs briefs.  and may nabasa ako somewhere here that the doctor advises them to put ice bag sa balls at night.  Or if nag smoke sya ask him na unti untiin ang pag stop. Dapat talaga healthy living.  Pero sometimes naman may mga kilala ako na yosi ng yosi nauuna pa nakabuntis or mabuntis sa akin. hehe

Sabi nga dun sa million all we need is one. :D kaya have faith na yung outstanding sperm ay mega strong! 

purpleangel11

• " FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"( Hebrews 11:1)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »

Naku ano ba yan..nangangati na naman ang pechay ko..hehe...big sign ko yan na palapit si AF...hay hay..buhay! ;)
Nothing is impossible with GOD!.."I am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" ( Jeremiah 32: 26-27).. Praise the LORD now and forever! Amen!

mishka08

• Junior GirlTalker
    • The Journey
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
Haha! Sis purple naaliw ako dun! Hehe!

maman

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
Congrats Thinkpositive! You are a testament to God's miracles. :)

Sis Mishka08, I'm excited for you! Sana BFP ka na!  :) By the way, ang explanation sa akin ng OB ko, Hindi Lang daw isang sperm ang kailangan. Teamwork daw yun para makapenetrate ang isang sperm dun sa loob ng egg. Our egg daw is protected ng wall and sperms are needed to destroy the wall.

Sis Jeannef, ang alam ko may limit ang clomid. Baka gusto Lang i-maximize ng OB mo yung pag stimulate Nya sa iyo. Ako din I ovulate on my own but there were cycles na stimulated pa rin. Good luck on your IUI! If you are stressed out, try to manage it. One reason daw kasi yun ng infertility.

I'm on CD1 today. New cycle, new hope. Baby dust to all of us.  :)

mishka08

• Junior GirlTalker
    • The Journey
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
Thanks sis maman! Keeping my fingers crossed talaga! Yeps tama din yan. But only one will penetrate the egg.

Oo nga pala yung clomid is good for 3 cycles lang. Hindi ko na maalala yung magiging side effects. Hehe!

Kapit lang mga sis! Baby dust to all!

purpleangel11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Sis JEANNEF! Ke Dr.Aguilar din ako...next step din nia sa akin eh HSG...update ka dito sis ha about experience mo undergoing HSG and how much na din nagastos sa procedure na ito...thanks...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:38:38 PM by mama squeak! »

mishka08

• Junior GirlTalker
    • The Journey
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
Hi mga sis,

CD29. 14dpiui. AF nowhere in sight.  :)

purpleangel11

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »

Goodluck and God Bless sis MISHKA...wishing you na BPF na yan! :)

nelhey22

• Probationary
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
really inspiring story sis @ThinkPositive   :)

God Bless us all!  :)

Babydust to everyone including myself  ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.