Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 JUL 14
Learn and keep active at the same time! Listen to audiotapes and podcasts while commuting or exercising.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Cold Porcelain (Air Dry Clay)  (Read 1843 times)

shayan30

• GirlTalker
Cold Porcelain (Air Dry Clay)
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
Hi sissies, does anyone here already tried using this? or into this craft?
Cold Porcelain is not really porcelain, it's an air dry clay made of cornstarch, white glue, baby oil and vinegar.. It's called cold porcelain because of its smooth texture/ porcelain like finish when it dries..

i'm new to this kind of clay, but so far, i'm enjoying using it making miniature cupcakes and teapots and i'm planning to make miniature cakes too..

post away sisses kung may gusto kayo i share or if you're intrested in trying this air drying clay.. ;)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:52:18 PM by shayan30 »

Rajii

• Probationary
Re: Cold Porcelain (Air Dry Clay)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
Hi sis!
I tried making cold porcelain but my recipe was a disaster! :( can you share the recipe you are using? TIA. :)

shayan30

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
^hi sis, it was also my first time in trying to make this recipe, but it turned out very nice and smooth.. and after trying it with some creations, i've never experienced a single crack.. just make sure to knead it properly sis, i've read kasi na kneading plays an important role in making cold porcelain..

..here's the recipe
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup pva glue
2 tbsp baby oil
2 tbsp white vinegar

then i use cetaphil to moisturize my hands when i knead it..  ;)

soumy01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
may ganito pala. interesting. try ko nga ito.

thanks for sharing.  ;)

ano nga pala sis yung "pva" glue. klase ba yun ng glue, or pwede kahit anong klaseng glue. meron ba niyan sa national bookstore?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:37:36 AM by soumy01 »

shayan30

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
^ sis ito din yung white glue, like elmers glue sa national sis..

medyo messy nga lang sya kung stove top mo sha i cook, pro kung sa microwave, i guess mas convenient sha.. try it sis.. :)

Rajii

• Probationary
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
naku maraming salamat ha..try ko tapos update ako. :)

shayan30

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »
^ok sis, nga pala if you don't want the smell of vinegar ang alam ko you can use lemon juice instead, same mesurement lang din.. goodluck ;)

soumy01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
ay yun pala yun.sige try ko yan. pag nakabili ng glue. sayang konti kasi nung glue ko dito sa bahay.

check ko na lang sa youtube kung pano lutuin. wala akong microwave.

maamoy ba yung vinegar sa mixture? o nawawala rin?

salamat ng marami.  :)

shayan30

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
^pag soft pa sha sis, ma smell mo talaga yung vinegar, though medyo humalo smell nya dun sa nilagay ko baby oil, hehe..pag nag dry na wala na amoy... oo sis dami naman tutorial sa youtube kung pano sha i cook, ako stove top ko rin sha niluto..

and sis when you're not using it, wrap it sa cling wrap or ziplock then put it sa airtight container, to prevent it from drying..

stradivarius

• GirlTalker
  • Semi professional beach bum ^_^
    • ScribeOrigins.com
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
I made a batch of this recently. Medyo ang tagal bago maging ok yung consistency ng clay, maski sinunod ko yung exact recipe ni Pufftique sa Youtube. So nagdagdag ako ng cornstarch sa huli, halo halo tapos knead. OK na ngayon. Ang ganda, smooth yung kinalabasan nya.
Siguro, sa susunod na batch ko, I will use less PVA glue.
Maganda to kasi madali sya matuyo tapos medyo translucent ang finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.