Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 20 DEC 14
Want to make your skin softer and less dry? Spread on lotion or body oil immediately after you shower.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Overworked Girl Talker  (Read 3461 times)

ladysapphire

• Junior GirlTalker
  • whoa! easy! :)
Overworked Girl Talker
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »
Hello Sisters,

just wanted to share with you guys my work woes right now and somehow you can help me come up with a lot of options.

i was redundated from previous company in Makati (BPO) last June 2011 due to our department has been outsourced to the US to another company as well. i was with them for 3 years. one of the best and also worst job for me not bec. of the work itself but bec. of my boss. my position there was Admin. Asst.

so fast forward, i got a new work from another BPO company here in Alabang. it was a dream job for me; 1. it's just 15-30 mins. away from my home 2. it's an established BPO 3. the job offer was 5 times higher than what i was earning before. i was offered executive asst. to the site leader.

i thought it would be a very good headstart for me after being jobless for almost a year. it was really interesting and fun at first. new environment blah blah. plus i really enjoyed the proximity of my work from home. sobrang lapit lang kasi and ang laki ng nabawas sa budget ko for pamasahe.

but now everything has changed, imagine i should just be exclusive to the site leader and her direct reports but no as of to date, i am supporting 19 managers all in all. and kamusta naman mag-isa lang talaga ko. :(

the account has a reputation pa naman na rush because of the clients' demands and quick changing of decisions and schedules. na-adapt tuloy nung mga managers dito.

i can't even enjoy my 8 hr. shift. laging 6am to sawa ang schedule ko. imagine uuwi na lang ako ng 3pm, may mageemail pa ng request at 3pm ha and tomorrow na yun kailangan. :( i can't even put in bullet yung mga ginagawa ko sa sobrang dami. :(

madalas pa nagiging root na siya ng pagaaway namen ng boyfriend ko kasi lagi na kong di nakakapagtext di ko na siya naasikaso. every friday bonding sana namen pero 9pm pa lang plakda na ko sa bed. pag sinusundo niya ko sa office 2 hrs. siya naghihintay pag magkasama na kami mainit na ulo niya. nakakadepress na nga eh. it's taking a toll on me na.

talk about work-life balance diba walang wala sila nito.

i'm also actively seeking again for another job as part of my plan. kasi wala mga sis, dito ko mamatay ng maaga. haha. malolosyang ako dito. :(

france0220325143

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Overworked Girl Talker
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »
better loook for another job, sis. enjoy ka lang muna dapat habang single ka.

Yung mom ko nga keeps on pushing me to apply for a governemnt office. I told  her to wait till I turn 30. Dun na lang ako mag seseryoso sa career. gusto ko kasi maenjoy muna lahat lahat. I've been working naman since i graduated and been earning well. pero ang habol ng nanay ko eh yung tenure daw, benefits, ganito ganyan. So sabi ko, in 2 years, i'll get there. Enjoy ko muna ang aking stress-free office environment. ^^

ladysapphire

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
Thanks for your reply france0220325143 appreciate it. sobrang nakakalungkot lang na diba your  right na i should be enjoying this stage in my life na di masyadong stressful ang work tsaka wala pa naman akong family para kumayod ng ganito kasobra.

sana nga sis makahanap ako agad ng bagong work. i know God is in control.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »
Hintayin mo na muna sis ang november at december bonuses bago ka magresign tutal malapit na din naman matapos ang 2012.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:11:41 AM »
Wow. 1 assistant to 19 managers, you are a superwoman. Maybe ask HR to hire more assistants to lighten your load because it's too much for one person. When you got hired, ano ba ang limits mo in the number of managers to assist?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

sweetashoney

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 05:23:14 AM »
Tama si sis agape, talk to HR about your issues sis, di nila kasi malalaman kung may mali or kulang sa sistema kung hindi mo sila kakausapin

CityHunter

• Non Timebo Mala
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Raised from perdition to be God's ammunition.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:34:31 AM »
Something is seriously wrong with your situation.  Kung boss ka ng 19 or more ay understandable.  But as an assistant to 19 or more ay really weird!  Slave o peon ang tawag doon not assistant.

I strongly recommend you look for a job elsewhere wherein ma-balance mo professional as personal life mo.  Even if I were your BF ay hindi ko matatanggap na lang palagi yun excuse na dahil sa trabaho kaya ka na-late o walang oras na or simply pagod na. 

The least na action mo would be to talk nga sa HR ninyo with regards to this.  Sa laki ng kinikita nila - obviously due to the demanding clients kaya tiyak may extra charges silang singil sa mga yun! - ay dapat lang ayusin nila itong issue you have.  You should not be simply accepting salary na x5 your previous but at least x19 with extras pa!
Cheap work ain't good.  Good work ain't cheap.

ladysapphire

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 10:03:48 AM »
@ k_heart, yeah feeling ko nga if ever ill be hired by another employer by next year na yung start date ko. thanks sis!

@ agape, when i got hired actually ang nakalagay sa job description ko is directly reporting ako sa site leader and admin tasks lang nakalagay sa JD ko. dapat ang supported ko lang is Site Leader and mga 4 direct reports niya. pero yung mga under sa direct reports niya nagbibigay na din ng work saken. kamusta naman yun diba. and dito lang din ako nakaencounter na di binibigyan ng copy and employee ng JD niya.

@sweetashoney, i can try to talk to our HR personnel pero minsan kasi natitigilan ako given the fact na close yung HR manager namen at boss ko.

@CityHunter, kaya nga sis eh wala nang personal life ko kinakain na. OTY pa lagi. :( slave driver talaga sila. or sa dami din ng ginagawa nila di nila alam sobra din yung bagsak ng workload saken.

LikeJobs

• Career woman all the way!
    • LikeJobs
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »
Working hard is one thing, but it's another thing entirely when the volume of work and responsibilities keeps you from enjoying your life. It's really not worth it to kill yourself over a job, especially if you're not particularly passionate about what you're doing. It looks like you have skills and solid work experience, so you can proba find work elsewhere. :) But if I were you, I'd try to tough it out til the end of the year. Sayang ang 13th month pay eh! I agree with @sweetashoney and maybe try to negotiate your hours with HR. And if they're really inflexible, then maybe it's time to move on.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:25:03 AM »
^^you should focus on pleasing, prioritizing and working for the Site Leader and 4 direct reports, those under the direct reports have no reason/no authority to pass on any workload to you.

ladysapphire

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
update guys, i'll be resigning this December to pursue an HR position on a different company. better oppotunity ito saken. whew!

with regards to the situation here sa office, it really got worse though dahil year end sobrang dami nanamang trabaho na talagang magsawa ka sa overtime.

within this week, hihintayin ko lang result ng med. exam ko then pwede ko na kausapin boss ko about my resignation.

pray for me sis and wish me luck on this next stage of my journey.

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 11:09:44 PM »
Ako underwork naman, also thinking of resigning to find a job where I can be of use., where I can learn and grow. It's sad when you are not trusted with responsibilities by your boss that has unrealistic expectations for a new hire.

ayka

• independent , social butterfly & a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:53 AM »
sis ladysapphire, ang hirap naman niyan. i'm more concerned health-wise because that's too stressful. it's going to make you age faster, trust me. malolosyang ka nga. if the job pays you more because it stresses you more, better find another job that will pay you more and at the same time you will find rewarding and will make you happier and less stressed (or not at all). remember, work-related morbidity and mortality rates are rising in yuppies. so take care of yourself.   
happy girls are the prettiest girls! ♥♥♥

chichi143

• Senior GirlTalker
  • love and light ^_^
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
sis ladysapphire, ang hirap naman niyan. i'm more concerned health-wise because that's too stressful. it's going to make you age faster, trust me. malolosyang ka nga. if the job pays you more because it stresses you more, better find another job that will pay you more and at the same time you will find rewarding and will make you happier and less stressed (or not at all). remember, work-related morbidity and mortality rates are rising in yuppies. so take care of yourself.   

awww sobrang sapul ako dito.
im 23years old but i feel old because of my job. stressful na masiyado then at the same time binawasan pa kami ng incentives... im also resigning na this month at buti na lang may nakita akong good opportunity. aaplyan ko na this Saturday :-)
be kind. whenever possible. its always possible.

ladysapphire

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »
Hello mga sis, :) how's everyone? thanks to all those who gave their advices. i'm currently happy naman with my new job. kahit madaming ginagawa protected and supported naman ako ng boss ko and mababait mga direct reports niya :)

trizh

• aiming high :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
hello sisters. I think overworked narin ako umabot na sa feeling na ayoko ma pumasok and nagkakasakit na ako. :-( i work min of 13 hours a day. then 2 to 3 hours ang byahe ko to and from office. I dont know if I should resign now, thinking na baka wala akong makuhang job agad. and 7 months pa lang ako sa company. pagod na pagod na po talaga ako. di narin ako happy.
Learn to wait for the perfect time so that you may discover that all pain found in waiting has a magnificent and awesome purpose ϋ

argento

• GUYtalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 01:08:19 AM »
Pag sa nilipatan eh tambak uli ang work im sure resign uli si TS.

Ang tao nga naman daming reklamo
the best plan is having no plan

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.